ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaylee Goncalves wasn't in her normal bedroom, yet she suffered worse injury's than her best friend. If each door locked behind you whenever you go in, how did the slasher get into any of the bedroom's? This confuses me. Actually, this whole case confuses me.
Would cutting the power keep the locks from working properly?
It could be Madison was attacked first in her sleep. Kaylee woke up and fought back. Thus, she got worse injuries. It wouldn’t necessarily mean she was the target.

Steve had speculated that the bed was made in a picture he had seen-I’m not sure which picture he was referring to when he made that statement. The picture I’ve seen of the 3rd floor bedroom with the slider shows the covers pulled back IMO.

Kaylee’s bedroom was the bed with the slider. If Brian Entin said that was the room they were found in, that would have been Kaylee’s room - unless Maddie recently moved into that room.

The rumor is that the girls were found together in the bedroom with the sliding door. In actuality, all of this is speculation because I don’t believe LE has confirmed:

- in which room the 3rd floor girls were found
- that they were found together
Here are my 2 cents.

M. room was the smaller one on the top floor (3rd floor), the one without sliding doors (DM link with photographs Pink cowboy boots of murdered Idaho student seen in window)

M. room has blinds shut, hard to see what is inside, except items on the wide window sill, which are between the closed blinds and the glass of the window.

On the other hand, the room on the 3rd floir with sliding doors, has curtains, and that curtains on few pictures are not closed completely leaving wide gap between both parts of the curtains, so some photographers managed to have unobscured views inside that room and took images of its interior.

Now, let's think for a minute. And ask a question.

Would LE would leave the curtains not completely closed in room where 2 young girls were murdered with knife, presumambly with blood everywhere and mostly on and around the bed, so everyone could have a glimpse and take pictures of that room? Does not sound convincing.

Were there any signs of blood on the pictures of the room on the 3rd floor with sliding doors' we saw, on or around the bed? Not at all.

I can go and find that pictures, if I have to.

I would restrain from making assumptions at this stage, where exactly kids were killed. The fact is: we do not know.

Last edited:

I agree with K's dad that one of the girls on the 3rd floor was the target, but it think it's K because (1)she seemed to be the more outspoken one out if the two and (2)she was in the process of, or had already, moved back home and was only back there for a visit.

I also found it interesting when he said "their point of damage was not the same". My opinion is that the reason for that could very well be because 1 of them had to have woken up to the other one being attacked. Being in the same bed together, I'd think that would be quite logical..... 1 was being stabbed in her sleep, the other wakes up, notices, and maybe balls up and hides under the covers (i.e, 1 gets stabbed in the heart area several times & the other gets in widespread areas around her ribs & chest). That's what makes the most sense to me.

MOO

I hope you are all steeling yourself for what might be coming here re wounds, especially to the targeted victim. You can find what OJ did to Nicole and Ron. Then there's the original Jack The Ripper and his female victims. We could be dealing with sadism, rage, psychopathy. Please protect yourselves.

I agree with K's dad that one of the girls on the 3rd floor was the target, but it think it's K because (1)she seemed to be the more outspoken one out if the two and (2)she was in the process of, or had already, moved back home and was only back there for a visit.

I also found it interesting when he said "their point of damage was not the same". My opinion is that the reason for that could very well be because 1 of them had to have woken up to the other one being attacked. Being in the same bed together, I'd think that would be quite logical..... 1 was being stabbed in her sleep, the other wakes up, notices, and maybe balls up and hides under the covers (i.e, 1 gets stabbed in the heart area several times & the other gets in widespread areas around her ribs & chest). That's what makes the most sense to me.

MOO

agree with the principle of your second paragraph but regarding the first

if SG doesn't have access to the Chapins & so he has no idea of Ethan's injuries or ' points of damage' as Steve called them, can he be sure that anybody on the 3rd Floor was more targeted than another person in the house?

Last edited:
I hope you are all steeling yourself for what might be coming here re wounds, especially to the targeted victim. You can find what OJ did to Nicole and Ron. Then there's the original Jack The Ripper and his female victims. We could be dealing with sadism, rage, psychopathy. Please protect yourselves.
Unless it's leaked or the families know and divulge that information, it should not be revealed until there is a trial. It's part of an ongoing homicide investigation and is typically not released.

Most likely we will learn one girl was killed, and the other was an overkill. However, it's possible that entering a dark room and finding two people, he felt the need to quickly subdue one, and then spent more time and did more damage to the remaining one. Still, overkill is different from kill. The person who did this is still quite dangerous, even if he was targeting someone.
Here’s a copy/paste of an update I just read on newsnation.com:*

“NewsNation’s Brian Entin confirmed Sunday that University of Idaho stabbing victim Kaylee Goncalves’ injuries were “significantly more brutal” than the other three victims.”
____

It went on to say that KG and MM were sleeping in the same bed. My first thought was how does that even happen. No blood-curdling screams? No loud and frenetic chaos? How does one person simultaneously stab someone to death while holding down the other person in that bed AND muffling his or her screams?

There would have been 3, 4, or 5 people still alive in that house when the “significantly more brutal” murder of Kaylee occurred. (If the order of the murders has been revealed, I missed it.)
With that, my mind goes to either (1) that house or at least one level of it was darn near soundproof OR (2) everybody was the same level of totally wasted and passed out cold.

I’ve been plenty drunk and passed out cold, but it’s been awhile. Also, in my experience with any group of six-ish out partying (together or not), there’d be at one or two who could semi hold their alcohol or who at least stopped drinking at the tipsy stage.

*Is it permissible to c/p from a news article? Or am I supposed to save the entire article and attach as a file?

Unless it's leaked or the families know and divulge that information, it should not be revealed until there is a trial. It's part of an ongoing homicide investigation and is typically not released.
True. But reporters can be so good at getting things out of LE or coroners. Recall MPD said soon afterwards that their cops might need counseling.

Since the remains were released by LE, he wouldn't need an autopsy report to see obvious differences. (I think it is possible that he also had access to M's remains since their ashes are both together at his house.)

K's dad basically said as much in his interview. He said that the difference in their "manner of death" (assuming he means how and where they were stabbed) wasn't information given to him by LE. He says that he figured it out on his own because he "paid for those funerals." What I assumed he meant was that he could see with his own eyes (on their respective bodies) the difference in where and how they were attacked.

Here’s a copy/paste of an update I just read on newsnation.com:*

“NewsNation’s Brian Entin confirmed Sunday that University of Idaho stabbing victim Kaylee Goncalves’ injuries were “significantly more brutal” than the other three victims.”
____

It went on to say that KG and MM were sleeping in the same bed. My first thought was how does that even happen. No blood-curdling screams? No loud and frenetic chaos? How does one person simultaneously stab someone to death while holding down the other person in that bed AND muffling his or her screams?

There would have been 3, 4, or 5 people still alive in that house when the “significantly more brutal” murder of Kaylee occurred. (If the order of the murders has been revealed, I missed it.)
With that, my mind goes to either (1) that house or at least one level of it was darn near soundproof OR (2) everybody was the same level of totally wasted and passed out cold.

I’ve been plenty drunk and passed out cold, but it’s been awhile. Also, in my experience with any group of six-ish out partying (together or not), there’d be at one or two who could semi hold their alcohol or who at least stopped drinking at the tipsy stage.

*Is it permissible to c/p from a news article? Or am I supposed to save the entire article and attach as a file?
"More brutal" is horrifying. Most of us are focusing on how he killed them an he appears to have been very skilled and quick and confident. The "more brutal" in such killings often refers to post mortem wounds. So Steve G and K's mom and sister are suffering from knowing all this. So sad. JMO

The idea of targeting the house doesn't seem valid to me. What would be the reason to target the house? And lets say someone hates the house for whatever reason, wouldn't they then harm the house (burn it down, etc?).
I asked the same exact thing yesterday (even the part about setting fire to it). Like what does targeting a house even mean? Is someone enraged by the structure, the design, the materials used in its construction …… or the people who live in it?

I wonder about targeting and if there is a primary and secondary target. Specifically one person could be the primary but the entire friend group could be the secondary. Then something happened that stopped the killer from going the other 2 roommates. The psychology of targeting the friend group could be jealousy (they are close to the target), revenge (they stood in the killers way or he knew it would hurt the target even more if friends were dead). Or perhaps targeting the friends was just a part of the overall appetite for death. It is all disturbing and I seriously hope they had minimal awareness of what was going on

My opinions on some questions:

1. If KG was Target, why did killer go to MM’s room? It has always been my opinion that the killer was already in the house. If he was, and KG was the target, then he could have been hiding in KGs room and gone into MMs room when he heard them go in and go to sleep.

2. If it was such a horrific stabbing, how could killer leave without leaving blood trail behind? If all four were stabbed in bed (particularly since M&K were in the same bed, and it is likely that E&X were as well) the blood could have been contained to the sheets/mattress with the killer having much less blood than normal on him.

3. Defensive wounds reported by father on X? If K&M were killed first, it could have been total surprise with them both sleeping and so fast that no defensive could even happen. With E&X, it was reported they were killed in bed, so unless they were also targets, there is no reason for the killer to go into that room, unless they were awake and potentially saw him. So IMO, either they were awake and saw him (E standing to see what was going on potentially at the door) or they were targets and killed in bed, but potentially awake a little due to some noise upstairs and were able to throw up a small defense - hence X’s reported defensive wounds.

All opinions above.

Protect how precisely? Can you suggest a meaningful way to prepare one? I am serious.

Speaking of K&M, just tossing this out there because I'm starting to get depressed talking about bodies, wounds, etc...

I was really touched by the story in the memorial about how M was older, but just barely - like 2 weeks. And every year K would go overboard to make sure M had the best day ever for her birthday. Only to be outdone 2 weeks later by M. This was apparently a yearly happening. :)
I remember Maddie’s boyfriend telling that story :) Some of the things he said were just heartbreaking to me:

“She liked to be comfy.”
“She knew her worth and made me work for it and it was worth it.” (paraphrasing)
“I love you Maddie.” at the very end

My opinions on some questions:

1. If KG was Target, why did killer go to MM’s room? It has always been my opinion that the killer was already in the house. If he was, and KG was the target, then he could have been hiding in KGs room and gone into MMs room when he heard them go in and go to sleep.

2. If it was such a horrific stabbing, how could killer leave without leaving blood trail behind? If all four were stabbed in bed (particularly since M&K were in the same bed, and it is likely that E&X were as well) the blood could have been contained to the sheets/mattress with the killer having much less blood than normal on him.

3. Defensive wounds reported by father on X? If K&M were killed first, it could have been total surprise with them both sleeping and so fast that no defensive could even happen. With E&X, it was reported they were killed in bed, so unless they were also targets, there is no reason for the killer to go into that room, unless they were awake and potentially saw him. So IMO, either they were awake and saw him (E standing to see what was going on potentially at the door) or they were targets and killed in bed, but potentially awake a little due to some noise upstairs and were able to throw up a small defense - hence X’s reported defensive wounds.

All opinions above.
There need not have been much blood for a skilled knife expert esp if asleep compounded by alcohol. A stab to throat so no screaming and then a stab to heart region [a half second later if skilled] so little blood after that. JMO.

I am

Is this it? I found it in the media thread
Blood oozes from home where four Idaho students were killed
from article
" One of the victims – understood to be 20-year-old Ethan Chapin, of Conway, Washington – was discovered on the floor on the second level of the three-story home."
Thanks for finding that, I’ve been wondering where it came from. Does anyone know if that was reported by any other MSM outlet (other than NY Post)? Usually I like to see something the Daily Mail prints actually printed in another MSM source to believe the veracity of it. Kind of like getting a second opinion on a medical diagnosis haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper