ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's that photo from Fox of the exterior at night he was looking at. That top window is supposed to be K's room, and while the bed's not exactly "made", it's not a bloody mess either. There are better close-ups of that window but I'm old and tired. I don't use an app to order food. :p

idaho-university-4-dead-house-8.jpg
We have no way of knowing what photo SG viewed. But imo i very much doubt it was this picture, you can hardly see anything. I suspect LE showed him a photo of Kaylees room and got him to identify it. JMO

Yes, you did read that.
Early on, some media reported they were out of town, I finally found a source that still has that report online.
As I was searching for this, I noticed many outlets reported they were “out on the town”.
Perhaps just a phrase that was used that was easily misheard and consequently misreported.
The City of Moscow Police site says they were out in the Moscow community.

University of Idaho killings stump police: What we know
New York Times Nov 22, 2022 at 12:09 pm
“Police said the two surviving roommates had each been out of town, separately, on Saturday and returned to the home by about 1 a.m., before the four victims had arrived back from a night out.”

City of Moscow Police
King Road Homicides
“Detectives believe that on November 12th, the two surviving roommates had also been out in the Moscow community, separately, but returned home by 1 a.m. on November 13th. The two did not wake up until later that morning.”
We do not know where they were, it was reported they were out on the town but they may have been out of town.
It is on the official Moscow Police site linked and quoted in my comment.
Do you think besides interviews LE has their cell location data, texts, calls, photos and videos taken that day, cars on traffic cams, business cams, and local home security cams? Including any cell phones moving in tandem with them, and also their location data, texts, calls, etc.?

Last edited:
I live in Moscow. It really is a ghost town. It feels to me like everyone is on edge. Main Street always looks like a Christmas postcard. This year there’s no joy, no holiday spirit, while walking down the street. Am I afraid? Yes, I am. We have added security measures at home, which helps a little. My husband works and I am often home alone. And I worry. I am praying this killer is found. Soon.
And yet I had a convo with someone just yesterday that the town is pretty much “over it” by choosing to “not live in fear.” She even brought up she’d worked out at the SRC on campus & everything was normal, no one had a care in the world!

To be clear, I completely agree with you! It was the most stunning convo I’ve had since the horrific mass murders. This is someone widely known in certain parts of the community. She lost all credibility with me.

hope LE reaches out to every empty seat student who has chosen remote to find out why and to observe their hands, face, arms for knife attack body injuries

Quote snipped by me.

IMO: if LE reaches out to every student who is no longer attending in-person classes and asks to see them, some (many?) will refuse or be unavailable. Also how would they logistically conduct such interviews?
I would think requiring them would be unconstitutional. People would be requesting legal guidance. It would be a very complicated fishing expedition.
And at the end of it, the murderer may not be a current student. He could be a neighbor, coworker, former student, student at a different college, etc. JMO.

We have no way of knowing what photo SG viewed. But imo i very much doubt it was this picture, you can hardly see anything. I suspect LE showed him a photo of Kaylees room and got him to identify it. JMO
I believe it is this photo, but a zoomed-in version. I think he said something to the effect of having inside information and he “knew that was Kaylee’s room” right after that photo was made public. I could be wrong, but I was fairly certain he was referring to a close up of this picture. IMO

The bit starting at 3.05 mins
' it pits the parents against each other'

hadn't noticed that( parents being pitted...) but agree with his general point - goes without saying that all the victims are blameless, it doesn't matter where they'd been that night

they're really struggling with the semantics of ' targeting ' Entin should perhaps have read from that FBI definition that Users shared a few threads back.
The ongoing confusion around ' targeting' seems to be a real problem - causing distress

Last edited:
I can understand Mr Goncalves frustration as it's been 3 weeks now, but I guess he has to be patient and trust the process.
The FBI are generally considered the best detectives in the world and they're putting all their resources in to this.
I agree, but easy for us to say. Can’t imagine he’s trusting anything these days.

I truly can’t imagine being in his position, and I think he is handling the situation with more grace and composure than I could. I admire his (and his family’s) search for answers and determination to keep this case active.
Yes! Keeping the students in the media is very important! Please don't let this become a cold case.

yes, it's regularly frustrating - how NewsNation uses loose language on what is confirmed information.
I watched the special. The two new things I took away from it, 1. Kaylee had worse injury's than her friend. 2. Which bedroom they were found in. A security service is guarding the property now. No word on when the police will turn it back to the family's or the property owner.

And yet I had a convo with someone just yesterday that the town is pretty much “over it” by choosing to “not live in fear.” She even brought up she’d worked out at the SRC on campus & everything was normal, no one had a care in the world!

To be clear, I completely agree with you! It was the most stunning convo I’ve had since the horrific mass murders. This is someone widely known in certain parts of the community. She lost all credibility with me.
by choosing to “not live in fear.”

wonder how she would have replied if you'd said something similar to -
' oh, so your windows and doors are back to being left unlocked overnight?'

I watched the special. The two new things I took away from it, 1. Kaylee had worse injury's than her friend. 2. Which bedroom they were found in. A security service is guarding the property now. No word on when the police will turn it back to the family's or the property owner.
Do not expect property to be returned soon to the owner, JMO. Complex crime scene(s) and I am not using plural loosely, complex ongoing investigation, so I anticipare that LE will need to keep the property for a while, in case they need to access more evidence.

in the absence of any news I return to the beginning,
quadruple murder with a knife, and their dog remained calm, the neighbor's dog also, the neighbors also did not hear anything.
it sounds unreal.
especially if some of them were in bed together.
I can't see this without a lot of noise, screaming and barking...and we have peace and quiet,
UNREAL!

Are you sure? They only need the SD card or cloud footage and the camera can be given back. So who knocked first....
In one of the earlier threads, someone posted photos taken shortly after the murders & it was not present at the time of the murders — may have been a side-by-side comparison?

I suck at searching the previous threads - maybe someone with that talent could help out? It was convincing to me, YMMV.

The bit starting at 3.05 mins
' it pits the parents against each other'

hadn't noticed that( parents being pitted...) but agree with his general point - goes without saying that all the victims are blameless, it doesn't matter where they'd been that night

they're really struggling with the semantics of ' targeting ' Entin should perhaps have read from that FBI definition that Users shared a few threads back.
The ongoing confusion around ' targeting' seems to be a real problem - causing distress
Even a little bit of information can be misconstrued, distressing, and incite endless speculation.

okay back to my personal experience with entering places I was not supposed to be in.

most standard door locks , the hole to hold the lock in the the door frame is 9 out of ten times not done the correct way. I is too shallow to let the lock engage the proper way. Unless there is a tight metal frame around the hole anyone with a little work can pop it open in around 20-30 seconds with very little noise. Basically the old credit card trick. Even easier if you have a nice semi flexible piece of metal like a small paint scrapper.

For some reason, and this is just the way I see it with just what we the public know, I am fixated on this being someone with a Military background or who is really wanted to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper