ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SC said in an interview in the last day or so it was in M’s room - he was apparently shown a photo of K’s bedroom, & her bed was made up & undisturbed.

Moo
Brian Entin said that both girls were in the bedroom on the 3rd floor, by the slider that goes out onto the deck. The girl that didn't normally sleep there had the worst wounds.

Also, a young newspaper boy delivering papers in the neighborhood on a bike possibly?
No one in that neighborhood would have a subscription to a physical newspaper, IMHO.

We subscribe to an insane number of newspapers in my house & they are all digital. One (Spokane) paper doesn’t even offer delivery here anymore & the other two locals have trouble keeping carriers & have often suspended delivery for months at a time due to no carriers. Don’t know the current status because we’re all digital, but I suspect that was one of the early investigative steps. Moo

Brian Entin said that both girls were in the bedroom on the 3rd floor, by the slider that goes out onto the deck. The girl that didn't normally sleep there had the worst wounds.
Kaylee Goncalves wasn't in her normal bedroom, yet she suffered worse injury's than her best friend. If each door locked behind you whenever you go in, how did the slasher get into any of the bedroom's? This confuses me. Actually, this whole case confuses me.
Would cutting the power keep the locks from working properly?

Kaylee Goncalves wasn't in her normal bedroom, yet she suffered worse injury's than her best friend. If each door locked behind you whenever you go in, how did the slasher get into any of the bedroom's? This confuses me. Actually, this whole case confuses me.
Did the slasher get in thru a bedroom window on the 2nd floor, and the slider on the top floor?

If according to Kaylee's dad, his daughter was the alleged target of the killer, I can't help but wonder why the killer would plan the brutal attack on Sat evening, the most likely day that E (strong, male guest) would be present, knowing that he could attack any other day without the threat of encountering a big guy like E. This doesn't follow...

Instead, it definitely makes me ask whether or not E was the target of the psycho-killer. Logic indicates it is better to attack E in a house with three (or possibly five) petite women than his own frat house full of young men.

And if E was the target of the killer, I can also see the killer taking out the three women (collateral damage) that in the mind of the deranged killer -- could even be intended to publicly shame big E who by all accounts was a prince of a guy.

IMO, I think the killer is feeling very proud of himself and will not be able to resist bragging about his conquest.

There really is nobody better at this sort of profiling than the FBI and I don't doubt they are all over the sites they believe the killer is likely to visit.
I am intrigued by the word 'bragging' you used.
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
The room with the slider (where Brian Entin reported both girls were found) was Kaylee’s room…unless Maddie had recently switched to that bedroom since Kaylee was moving out in the near future.

The room with the slider (where Brian Entin reported both girls were found) was Kaylee’s room…unless Maddie had recently switched to that bedroom since Kaylee was moving out in the near future.
but just a couple of days ago Steve said that - in his opinion - wtte that he thought K had slept in M's room. ( He commented on the photo looking into K's room which he * believed * showed K's bed ' was made'. He means hadn't slept in it)

So is it the news today that both K & M were found in K's room ??( the only 3rd floor bedroom with a slider)

Last edited:
Are we certain the bedroom doors lock automatically?
I'm not too familiar with coded locks. I've used them in hostels mostly where they lock automatically.
Also are we certain that the bedrooms still had coded locks?
I know a former tenant said each bedroom had coded locks.

I think most people in the world don't lock their bedroom doors at night.
I lock mine only when I leave the house as a deterrent to burglars.

We have to assume both bedroom doors were unlocked.
Unless the killer knew the code or how to deactivate them quietly and quickly.

I think the fact that Kaylee might've been the target and that she was leaving Moscow might have been the motive.

There's a pattern of men killing women when they feel a loss of control. Like "if I can't have her, nobody can".

Perhaps the different method of killing might've been multiple stabs in the face. So it appears like a personal, enraged attack.

I can understand Mr Goncalves frustration as it's been 3 weeks now, but I guess he has to be patient and trust the process.
The FBI are generally considered the best detectives in the world and they're putting all their resources in to this.

M. room was the smaller one on hhe 3rd floor, the room WITHOUT sliding door. Her distinguished pink cowgirl boots and letter M were seen on the images taken by Daily Mail reporter 10 days after the murders.

1670236575171.png

but just a couple of days ago Steve said that - in his opinion - wtte that he thought K had slept in M's room. ( He commented on the photo looking into K's room which he believed showed K's bed ' was made'. He means hadn't slept in it)

So the news is that both K & M were found in K's room ?( the only 3rd floor bedroom with a slider)
Steve had speculated that the bed was made in a picture he had seen-I’m not sure which picture he was referring to when he made that statement. The picture I’ve seen of the 3rd floor bedroom with the slider shows the covers pulled back IMO.

Kaylee’s bedroom was the bed with the slider. If Brian Entin said that was the room they were found in, that would have been Kaylee’s room - unless Maddie recently moved into that room.

The rumor is that the girls were found together in the bedroom with the sliding door. In actuality, all of this is speculation because I don’t believe LE has confirmed:

- in which room the 3rd floor girls were found
- that they were found together

Steve had speculated that the bed was made in a picture he had seen-I’m not sure which picture he was referring to when he made that statement. The picture I’ve seen of the 3rd floor bedroom with the slider shows the covers pulled back IMO.

Kaylee’s bedroom was the bed with the slider. If Brian Entin said that was the room they were found in, that would have been Kaylee’s room - unless Maddie recently moved into that room.

The rumor is that the girls were found together in the bedroom with the sliding door. In actuality, all of this is speculation because I don’t believe LE has confirmed:

- in which room the 3rd floor girls were found
- that they were found together

yes, it's regularly frustrating - how NewsNation uses loose language on what is confirmed information.

when Brian says it's been 'confirmed'( that is, confirmed as fact) is this based on Steve's newest comments?

I realise that NewNation put out another Idaho special last night but was there anything of interest in the show or was it mainly rehashing & representing info we've discussed?

Anybody know if it's worth watching ?

I don’t think it’s been said the bedroom doors looked automatically.

I can understand Mr Goncalves frustration as it's been 3 weeks now, but I guess he has to be patient and trust the process.
The FBI are generally considered the best detectives in the world and they're putting all their resources in to this.
I truly can’t imagine being in his position, and I think he is handling the situation with more grace and composure than I could. I admire his (and his family’s) search for answers and determination to keep this case active.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cassie1678