ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That leads up to like a living area, not directly into the bedroom, the bedrooms are separate.
The stairs lead right into the master bedroom on the 3rd floor. Unless you're saying the master bedroom was used as a living area and the girls shared that other bedroom on the same floor

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221204-100127_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221204-100127_Samsung Internet.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 50
IMO, the perp knew who was there and where he wanted to go. If he was just rage killing and targeting the house there would be 6 dead and no survivors

Not necessarily true. If he targeted the house from behind, say, sitting in his car at the rear parking lot just up the hill and through some dense brush, and waited until he saw lights go out, he would have just seen the lights from the upper two floors and not necessarily known about the first floor living quarters.

My opinion.

Just a thought related to SG's recent interview on Fox: he directly mentions the University being harmed (implied: its image, its ability to recruit new students and retain current ones). He says:

"... The communication is not the same as the boots on ground. All the officers that are out on the streets, those guys are working their tails off, but there’s a different person doing the communication, and that guy’s sitting with the lawyer, and that guy’s sitting there telling him, “You know, you gotta protect things that are beyond the case, like the town and the community, and the–the college itself.” Those don’t matter as much to me. I mean, I definitely don’t wanna hurt them, but, um, I have an agenda, and I think it’s pretty clear. It’s these two girls, and, uh, that’s what I’m working for, and I’m not gonna let that story fall apart just because they don’t want wanted posters on their next rush of students that come into town." (link to source)

It is interesting to step back a little from the investigation and think more broadly about how LE is handling this case because of the UI -- higher ed is a business, among other things, and this event is extremely harmful for its ability to continue making a profit. It's going to be very, very bad if they do not have a suspect in custody before the spring semester begins, IMO. All this is to say that I think LE is making certain choices in the interest of protecting Moscow's premier institution -- this can explain why they continue to push the idea that this was a "targeted" crime in some way, and their decision to quickly revoke the shelter in place that went out briefly after the victims were discovered.

It's a long shot, but there is some (justified) speculation about the house being targeted for its association with UI's Greek life and community -- in that case, it is as much an attack against the victims and the Greek community in Moscow as it is against the university itself. I'm definitely not suggesting that the best interest of the university trumps justice for the victims and their families (from my perspective or from LE's), but I think this context is absolutely important to understanding the investigation and even the potential motive(s) of the perp. All MOO.
I completely agree with the idea that the University, institution, and its interests have its tentacles deep within this investigation.

I think SG is probably 100% correct that some people are maybe wanting to “suppress” (his words, not mine) the notoriety and media coverage that negatively affects the University… This makes absolute sense. It also makes sense that’s why there are so many different messages from spokespeople regarding this case and the different agendas tied to the messages themselves.

He may be a grieving father, but he also may be very accurate in his assessment and worries about the investigation as it pertains to the University’s reputation.

*Edited for clarity because I type too fast.

Last edited:
<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
In a recent interview with K's dad, he suggests that because the killer didn't "have to go upstairs" (having entered from the sliding glass door on the second floor), M or K is the target. In the interview, he also suggest M and K had different wounds. Here is the link to the interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
The strangest thing to me so far from the Le standpoint is usually when the FBI BU is called in one thing they stress is to release at least a minimal profile detailing some standard things for the public, ie pre and post offense behavior . I might have missed it but usually that sort of info is constantly repeated at any PC that is had by LE. I think,could be wrong, they have someone on radar and do not want to spook him ,yet
They rarely do this. LE will release info based on a suspect: vehicle, appearance, location, but I don't think they say things, "We've profiled this person and believe it is a male between *advertiser censored* age". Talking heads certainly do!! Former profilers who become talking heads do.
I think they did for the Unibomber and some federal crimes, but I don't think they will in this case.

I believe SG said he hired a private autopsy (I’m presuming with M’s family), that’s how he knows that both girls had different means of death as he put it. He went on to say that he feels like because he paid for it, he gets to say what he wants.
I took it to mean he had paid for her funeral and as next of kin he was given a death certificate.
That is not the same as an autopsy report.
LE will get that.

Not sure how accurate thus map is because
it has now been said the 2 girls on the 3rd floor were in the same bed.. The map shows them in separate rooms.. interesting to note the stairs from the 2nd floor lead right into the master bedroom where KG was labeled as victim #3 (if LE has determined the order of death correctly) so if both girls were indeed in the same room, the stairs led right to them.
As for the 2nd floor...just speculation but the bathroom is set outside of the room so if the murderer caught the boyfriend there, then it was just a matter of time before XK would come out to look for her bf. The map shows they were both in bed though.
I'm also wondering if maybe since the murderer came in thru the 2nd floor slider if they didn't even know there were 2 more girls sleeping downstairs.

also on the plan of floor 2 - the stairs leading from floor 2 to floor 3 are missing

Hard to keep up so apologies if this was stated, but I saw a number of posts debating what Kaylee's dad means by the damage to the victims (assuming he meant Kaylee and Maddie) don't match. What he says "the points of damage don't match."

My thought immediately went to one of them may have been damaged and killed in a more sexual way.

MOO.

Thankfully universities which accept federal funding (which is effectively all of them) are required to abide by the Clery Act which requires colleges to submit and make public annual crime reports, as well as administer campus safety alert programs. It’s not perfect, but it ensures crimes aren’t swept under the rug.

Yes, and U of Idaho has the relevant information the right number of clicks away from their home page, as does every federally accredited college/uni (barring IT issues).

in speaking about putting up posters, is it LE or the college not wanting them up? and how would it hurt the ongoing investigation? can they (LE or the colleges) tell or make private businesses or people to take them down?
From what I inferred from SG’s interview last night, he thinks coming from LE via the University. (Not accusing anyone, just stating what I think.)

Here’s the link to his interview because he sort of lays it out but he’s kind of all over the place about it.

Just to be fair, University of Idaho is not a for-profit. It's a public institution, mostly funded by the taxpayers of Idaho.
Sometimes it seems that non-profit is a ruse. NY Times recently did an expose about non-profit hospital in WA state whereby Board members were getting million $ salaries or bonuses and had many corrupt policies re pts.

Just my thoughts after reading all the threads and watching various clips on YouTube and tv.

I believe LE must look at every family member in the beginning as a suspect. As well as every friend, contact, etc. This would be the reason why families are not given much information. After a few days though, LE has a burden to choose one person to stay in contact with family members and share information every single day. To not do so is cruel.

I don’t blame the father of KG for speaking out. I would be LE’s worst nightmare if my child was murdered.

Unless there was one person who had an ax to grind with all four victims, it is doubtful this was a crime of jealousy or passion. Why take the risk? I would think after killing the first person, your adrenaline would plummet and you would run fast! I also think remorse and guilt would have set in.

Finally, I believe the murderer is a serial killer or wannabe and he or she has no emotion whatsoever. No reason for sadness, no emotions to show. Likely very proud of his or her self and planning the next crime.

As for the two girls who were sleeping downstairs, no one knows why they weren’t killed. Maybe the killer only knew of bedrooms being on second and third floors. Maybe LE knows a lot more now.

LE owes it to this community to be truthful.

This makes me think of Abby and Libby’s case in Indiana. I will always believe LE knew or suspected who their guy was and we will never know why it was kept a secret for years. One thing is sure, the killer was living among them in this tiny town. Case should have been brought years ago.

They rarely do this. LE will release info based on a suspect: vehicle, appearance, location, but I don't think they say things, "We've profiled this person and believe it is a male between *advertiser censored* age". Talking heads certainly do!! Former profilers who become talking heads do.
I think they did for the Unibomber and some federal crimes, but I don't think they will in this case.
Do you have a link or stats? I disagree in that I have seen profiles released in quite a few past murders, raped cases etc. Some are rather vague but nonetheless. However, I do agree in that I don’t think they will release a profile in this case. IMO

Last edited:
In a recent interview with K's dad, he suggests that because the killer didn't "have to go upstairs" (having entered from the sliding glass door on the second floor), M or K is the target. In the interview, he also suggest M and K had different wounds. Here is the link to the interview.
I took that statement as him saying the killer didn’t need to go upstairs— his target wasn’t up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member