ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how accurate thus map is because
it has now been said the 2 girls on the 3rd floor were in the same bed.. The map shows them in separate rooms.. interesting to note the stairs from the 2nd floor lead right into the master bedroom where KG was labeled as victim #3 (if LE has determined the order of death correctly) so if both girls were indeed in the same room, the stairs led right to them.
As for the 2nd floor...just speculation but the bathroom is set outside of the room so if the murderer caught the boyfriend there, then it was just a matter of time before XK would come out to look for her bf. The map shows they were both in bed though.
I'm also wondering if maybe since the murderer came in thru the 2nd floor slider if they didn't even know there were 2 more girls sleeping downstairs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221204-100127_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221204-100127_Samsung Internet.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 105
Not sure how accurate thus map is because
it has now been said the 2 girls on the 3rd floor were in the same bed.. The map shows them in separate rooms.. interesting to note the stairs from the 2nd floor lead right into the master bedroom where KG was labeled as victim #3 (if LE has determined the order of death correctly) so if both girls were indeed in the same room, the stairs led right to them.
As for the 2nd floor...just speculation but the bathroom is set outside of the room so if the murderer caught the boyfriend there, then it was just a matter of time before XK would come out to look for her bf. The map shows they were both in bed though.
I'm also wondering if maybe since the murderer came in thru the 2nd floor slider if they didn't even know there were 2 more girls sleeping downstairs.

IMO, the perp knew who was there and where he wanted to go. If he was just rage killing and targeting the house there would be 6 dead and no survivors

The idea of targeting the house doesn't seem valid to me. What would be the reason to target the house? And lets say someone hates the house for whatever reason, wouldn't they then harm the house (burn it down, etc?).
The idea that the house was targeted is that it was a target of opportunity. The perp was looking to kill people (thrill kill), this house met the conditions he had selected to carry it out. The house is in a very dark neighborhood. It has a large, dark slightly obscured backyard for watching until the residents went to bed. The windows seemingly have no curtains or blinds. All the residents were girls. No cameras or security system. No motion detector lights. You get the idea. This also applies to terrorists or even school shooters. It's what they call a Soft Target.

Obviously the physical structure wasn't "the target". And it's possible that he didn't even hate the people inside, specific individuals or as what they represent as a group (Greeks, priviledged young adults, college kids etc). He could have been ambivilent about them. To him they were just meat, a means to an end.

The idea that the house was targeted is that it was a target of opportunity. The perp was looking to kill people (thrill kill), this house met the conditions he had selected to carry it out. The house is in a very dark neighborhood. It has a large, dark slightly obscured backyard for watching until the residents went to bed. The windows seemingly have no curtains or blinds. All the residents were girls. No cameras or security system. No motion detector lights. You get the idea. This also applies to terrorists or even school shooters. It's what they call a Soft Target.

Obviously the physical structure wasn't "the target". And it's possible that he didn't even hate the people inside, specific individuals or as what they represent as a group (Greeks, priviledged young adults, college kids etc). He could have been ambivilant about them. To him they were just meat, a means to an end.
Agreed. It can be situationally targeted: the killer wanted to kill multiple people in the same house. He got a thrill knowing there were other people in the house while he is horrifically ending someone's life. So it wouldn't be the physical house, it would be the situation of multiple young people home and sleeping in a big and accessible house.

LE update says they have received over 2,000 emails and over 2,000 phone calls about this crime. Information is being digested by LE. A crime this complex, with no murder weapon found, and no suspect in sight jumping out takes time to construct the case against whoever is responsible for this.

In essence, a university has a general duty of care at common law: to deliver its educational and pastoral services to the standard of the ordinarily competent institution, and, in carrying out its services and functions, to act reasonably to protect the health, safety and welfare of its students. Accussasions of lack of duty of care could be very harmful to any institution or business.

Saying that, I do not know if the university could be liable, unless it has been proved withiut reasonable doubt, that the adminisrration knew who was the perpetrator and did not cooperate as they may had to with LE.

But it is unlikely that would be the case, sounds hardly to believe.
or had been aware that the killer had displayed certain actionable behaviours in the past and had not brought it to the attention of the proper authorities..?
That would only arise had a student carried out the attack..

in speaking about putting up posters, is it LE or the college not wanting them up? and how would it hurt the ongoing investigation? can they (LE or the colleges) tell or make private businesses or people to take them down?

Does anyone wonder if the University tries to downplay this and a new student gets injured by this same person for whatever reason, would the University (or even the city) be liable? It's seems like a really bad idea to try and sweep this under the rug to me.
I posted about the University's role in everything shortly after your question, @Ghostwheel -- depending on the circumstances, if the perpetrator was a student, say, with a record of threats of violence or disturbing behavior to the university, the university could certainly be liable for not taking action to mitigate their potential threat to the university community. This would be something that would have to be litigated, and I am unsure if there is a precedence. Related to all of this is the the student threatening another group of students with a knife on the UI campus earlier this fall. The school immediately, I assume, took steps to evaluate if this person was related to the crime and LE cleared them of involvement. I would hope that the University is assisting in the investigation by providing any other, relevant students of concern to LE for the investigation.

Whether the University is liable or not will definitely depend upon later developments. Beyond liability, though, the University is going to come under scrutiny from potential students and current students and is certainly at risk for massive loss of profit and desirability. It's in the University's best interest (and frankly, in the best interest of the entire town and its commerce) to solve the crime as quickly as possible.

in speaking about putting up posters, is it LE or the college not wanting them up? and how would it hurt the ongoing investigation? can they (LE or the colleges) tell or make private businesses or people to take them down?

I noticed official posters on walls in university buildings in links which WS members have linked to over the last few days.

( They were good posters, I didn't think to screenshot them, I didn't realise it would become an issue)

Absolutely! Having had a background with military bases and law enforcement in a large city with multiple colleges/universities, mega-million $ shopping malls/centers, etc., THAT is the name of the game - protect the entity at all cost. No one in the public truly knows the crime that occurs in malls and shopping centers that goes unreported. Military bases just transfer victims to different bases to get it "out of the news," universities and colleges do everything in their power for crimes to not be published in the local news - much less national headlines such as this. Any entity that has millions of dollars or more of investment will find ways to "buy off" the media to protect their image. Can't let the shoppers know there are rapes and stabbings INSIDE the mall in those long corridors, in the parking lots, in the bathrooms. Can't let the potential students know that a campus has had # of rapes, stabbings, overdoses, drug busts occur on campus. Can't let the public know that a base commander has no control over his/her base where SA occurs, murders occur, assaults, burglaries, robberies, etc. It is a cover up all.the.damn.time.
Thankfully universities which accept federal funding (which is effectively all of them) are required to abide by the Clery Act which requires colleges to submit and make public annual crime reports, as well as administer campus safety alert programs. It’s not perfect, but it ensures crimes aren’t swept under the rug.

One of them was a webslueth? On here? I wonder if Le has contacted the owners yet
There are millions of groups and individual websleuths.
It does not mean she was a member on this site.
If you read the opening posts on every thread, I always do even if I know they by heart, there is a post referencing it.
She may have been. We do not know. Her father made reference to her interest in and knowledge of child trafficking. This morning's Fox interview with the panel, linked in the first page.

It's not strictly LE job to contain the relatives emotions but it's not black and white either and I've seen them do a superb job on both on these pages.

He's just grasping now, maybe at shadows, maybe it's real.
I don't believe he could stop if he wanted .
But I think they can make this better for him without compromising the investigation.
<modsnip>
in the future after (how much?) time, I would not rule out full page ads in the Wash, Idaho, and maybe Montana and portland papers, reminding the pnw that killer(s) are still loose. BC too, and whatever large Canadian cities are north of Idaho/Montana. Of course everyone hopes that it doesn't become a cold case. But that is one way the victims' relatives could get around a political blackout of poster space should they perceive one. I would donate.

Imo

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe SG said he hired a private autopsy (I’m presuming with M’s family), that’s how he knows that both girls had different means of death as he put it. He went on to say that he feels like because he paid for it, he gets to say what he wants.

EDIT: Someone else said he meant funeral so I stand corrected. Not autopsy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member