ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

'Steve Goncalves raised his fears Sunday in an exclusive interview with The Post, saying he was also concerned one suspicious character had been ruled out too quickly — seemingly allowing him to flee the country without taking a DNA test'

Note the Post's CYA in the sentence above. NYP can't substantiate that

Ultimately, he may very well had a verifiable alibi that didn't require DNA and I would wonder if other 'suspicious characters' were also asked to provide a DNA sample.

Last edited by a moderator:
Courts have ruled that DNA collection does not fall under Miranda. That being said, a person can refuse.

I have never seen a case where a defense attorney successfully used thé increased scrutiny to persuade either judge or jury.

DNA was eventually obtained without a warrant.

Only by judicial order or warrant, according to the ABA.

When he says the means of death “don’t match”, what does that mean to others? As in more than one killer? Or different method?
My heart hurts for these families but the media is taking advantage of them, IMO.

I just noticed something interesting in the photo the grey house. One of the ground floor screens is off the window. Not sure when Googlemaps took the photo - although it appears to be fall - but what year? I tried to post a photo, but could not due to file size. Here's the link: Google Maps

They can't obtain DNA without probable cause and perhaps even a warrant, both of which are pretty high bars.

It really isn't a right to privacy as much as it is a 5th Amendment right, which is fundamental. A successful PR campaign by authorities (and media) over the last 50 years that it somehow implies guilt doesn't negate that absolute right. Anyone, innocent or not, shouldn't talk to police without an attorney present, and they certainly shouldn't be volunteering personal identifiers for a stored, collective law enforcement database.

The whole "if you had nothing to hide, you would do it" mantra is absurd.

My opinion.
We will have to agree or disagree. Check out the Earons case. No warrant for any specific place or item. Search warrants are specific.

There’s way more to this of course but you are free to research or not.

Speculation here,

Somebody mentioned what if Ethan is the target, then I saw the news nation video from this weekend that mentions police are still trying to piece together what Ethan and X were up to from 9 PM to 2 AM. That they still might not know is surprising to me, and possibly crucial. So thinking about Ethan as target.

It seems most of the focus has been on K or M, that they’d be targeted by a male because of their beauty or love lives or fun-loving personas may have unfortunately attracted or gotten them mixed up with a terrible person, very likely male.

But if the target was Ethan, my thoughts go a different direction, that he may have had a male on male clash or confrontation. Targeted by some kind of wounded ego, alpha male wanna be.

At a frat party full of males did he get into an argument? Did someone hit on his girlfriend and he confront them? Did they leave the frat party because of a confrontation? Did they go to Jack-in-the-Box in Pullman and get into a fight with someone? Road rage incident on the way back? What all was going on during those many hours still completely unaccounted for?

So someone enraged with Ethan quietly follows him back to Xs house. Watches through the window at 2 AM as Ethan yucks it up with three beautiful girls in the kitchen for a while. Decides instead of taking out Ethan and possibly his girlfriend as revenge, he’ll throw in the other two also to really make him pay.

Moo

Ultimately, he may very well had a verifiable alibi that didn't require DNA and I would wonder if other 'suspicious characters' were also asked to provide a DNA sample.
Well even if he does have a verifiable alibi, he now has a target on his back again IMO. Wonder how HIS parents feel about that?

The neighbor said on News Nation that they wouldn't take his and he had to go to the police station himself to ask them to take it to clear him.

Last edited:
During a live report on Fox just now, the reporter said they were expecting a report today from Moscow police. This is the second time I have heard this on Fox this morning. Is there anything scheduled out there for today?
Nothing I've seen, but I am struck by the fact that there seems to be no Press Release yesterday. That's the first day in a long tme that has happened. I wonder if they are closing in...

TJK - The information about the ring camera was here on Websleuths along with a diagram of the house and what angle the camera could capture. Look way back in the earliest threads. The ring camera was on the gray house pictured here but faced away from 1122 Kings rd. View attachment 385166
I apologize if this has already been addressed, but when authorities said that it was possible that "the house was targeted," could that simply mean it was close to a wooded area that could hide a perpetrator?

It's been my thought this entire time that police are looking for someone(s) who took an opportunity (i.e. the wooded area by the house) to identify people (i.e. young women) that they wanted to kill simply because they were looking to kill someone(s) and not be caught.

I still think this is the case - i.e. a psychopathic repeat killer vs. someone close to the victims who simply had a grudge. This doesn't rule out the idea that the killer could also be close to the victims, but have you really ever heard of a multiple slaying with a knife that was by a first-time killer whose motive was a personal grudge? I have never, ever heard of such a situation except when a person kills their own family.

The neighbor said on News Nation that they wouldn't take his and he had to go to the police station himself to ask them to take it clear him.
Also, have the police in this situation actually released the info that they know they have obtained evidence in the form of the DNA of the killer? Is this a fact that's been released?

Because if the police don't even know they have the DNA of the killer(s), how can they rule anyone out on DNA alone?

Does the neighbor's statement actually reveal that the police DO have the killer(s) DNA, or the DNA of someone they think might be the killer(s)?

Post in thread 'ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 21'
ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 21

Great thoughts but I still don’t see how that singles K out as the target
  1. Yes, the killer went upstairs - but we don’t know as a fact that he didn’t go downstairs to try to kill the 1st floor occupants. (Their doors could have been locked) — IMO the investigators going to the house Sat night and checking out the 1st floor in the dark means they must’ve found something down there that ties the killer to the 1st floor.
  2. K was the target yet the killer didn’t know she slept on the 3rd floor? I find that unlikely because I’d think the killer would know as much as he could about her & finding where she slept wouldn’t be difficult based on stalking & SM
  3. K’s dad said her injuries were worse than M’s - We don’t know how E & X’s injuries compare to K’s - their injuries could have been similar or worse
MOO

We will have to agree or disagree. Check out the Earons case. No warrant for any specific place or item. Search warrants are specific.

There’s way more to this of course but you are free to research or not.

In that case, the DNA wasn't collected from the person, but rather from trash or other public places. I realize that I am parsing, and I apologize for that, but I feel it is a relevant distinction here.

Maybe not DNA but possibly the wrong blood type? That would be a quick way to eliminate someone.

Is it possible to override the time stamp on a Ring camera video? In other words, if my alibi is to be verified by the Ring camera at my house, could I change the timestamp on the video to make it appear that I was home?

What is the basis for the claim that KG's injuries were more severe than the others'?
Her dad. But not necessarily more severe than E and X, just more severe than Maddie's. Kaylee and Maddie's ashes are both at his house and he had access to the autopsy info for both girls (can't confirm if he paid for Maddie's cremation as well but it did seem to imply that)

same ^
hoodie guy rumour

'Steve Goncalves raised his fears Sunday in an exclusive interview with The Post, saying he was also concerned one suspicious character had been ruled out too quickly — seemingly allowing him to flee the country without taking a DNA test'

Note the Post's CYA in the sentence above. NYP can't substantiate that

have self reported my own post
Of course I feel for SG and I also feel for hoodie guy because this is awful. He is going to be seriously harassed after this claim. I hope if he truly has nothing to do with this that LE is able to shut down the suspicion around him ASAP. This could get dangerous.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member