ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Exactly. They aren't clamoring for information. Just kind of nonchalantly asking people to speak up. Maybe they have a POI?
Yes, that's what i was thinking AuntTricia. If they didn't have a POI wouldn't they focus on the last locations more or release CCTV footage to refresh peoples minds if they were at the last known locations of the victims. They could blur out other people. MOO

I guess I am trying to say that how can they say the dog was not in an area where the crime was committed if they don't know where the dog was when it was committed? They only know where it was when they found it? So, how do they know it did NOT have evidence on it to be obtained?

If the dog was in the area of the crime scene, investigators should have found bloody paw prints.

They do, Inside and outside but just because they have cams dosn't mean they can identify everyone.

I just have a lot of questions about the CC..

Did the girls meet up with friends?
Was anybody buying them drinks?
Was there a altercation of any sort?

A lot of posts about a guy at the grub truck and i think it's good to be mindful that there could of been 5 or so interactions at the CC with people that looked out of place instead of lynching one guy.

MOO
There’s a guy that was at the CC who saw them and then saw them again at the grub truck. He’s done several interviews. I haven’t heard of anything odd at the CC. But you’re right. Seems like they would just put out a statement asking for anyone at the CC to at least get on a list so they can interview them later if they needed to.

If the dog was in the area of the crime scene, investigators should have found bloody paw prints.
Ok, I will have to reply to disagree. One scenario would be if the dog was in a crate in the area of the crime and then later moved. IMHO this is one more strange statement by MPD.

I wasn’t trying to explain E & X’s whereabouts that night - I was asking about the time of the formal E attended that day.
For whatever reason, LE has not publicly acknowledged the Sorority formal on Saturday and excluded any information from the timeline. I think this must be intentional by LE.

I too was expecting the formal would be more of an evening event but if my speculation is correct, the venue would make for an earlier start and finish.
Before SM accounts were locked, I think I determined the location of the Sorority event where the Saturday hours of the venue would make for an earlier start and finish.

For example, if the food begins at 4 pm, the band starts at 7 pm, and closing hours are at 10 pm, that would make for an early evening. We also know from Mrs. Chapin's account that the three siblings got dressed up on Saturday and danced the night away.
^^rsbm

So apart from being spotted at the party, they really just have no idea where Ethan and Xana were and what they were doing before arriving home?
Yeah I'm honestly not sure at this point. Surely their cells place them somewhere and if they went to Pullman to pickup online JITB order then traffic cams or store cams would have captured them at some point. They could've just gone somewhere to be alone.

However IMO it seems they're looking for 'physical' sightings and I can only assume it is to sight them and/or person(s) with them. Perhaps if speculation of argument/fight at frat party are true maybe looking to see if E had any facial marks from earlier in the night and not from the actual murder?

Evidentially yes. I think people were concerned for the dogs week being.
The only issue I can see involving the dog now that we know he was in a room where a crime wasn't committed is, who put him in that room? If the killer put him in there that shows that maybe the dog knew them. Also one would think that if the dog was in the house, maybe he heard the attacks and starting barking and that woke up the two other victims?

The odds are that the dog was crated in the other bedroom.

I mean, that's what dog owners do with younger dogs..

We always kept our dog in a crate at night...always...dog never slept outside the crate at night.
Yes, many owners crate them in the same room that they're sleeping in, but the girls may have fallen asleep "where ever" and Kaylee may have planned to return to the room with the dog. It would also make sense that Murphy's crate was in another room.

This may very well be a stupid question but what the chances they have done the geofencing ? I know nothing about the technology except it picks up when phones connect to wi fi?? and very little about how it shows who was in that area at certain times.

I suppose what I'm trying to put together is that LE has some reason they believe X and E returned around 1:45 am. There is no reference to home and out and home and out. Either they were not home watching a movie when X's father called (watching a movie elsewhere, perhaps), or there is something missing in the timeline that either LE doesn't have, or doesn't want to divulge.
I just had a horrific thought...

What if X&E came straight home from the frat and watched a movie, as X told her dad, and then went to bed...
What if the killer attacked them right then, between that 12:00 call and 1:00 when the survivors came home and 1:58 when M&K came home, and waited in their room...
What if M&K figured they had just gone to bed when they got home...
What if something still seemed kind of "off' to them, but not enough to call 911, hence the series of calls...

LE might have recognized a difference in Time of Death between the victims in the two bedrooms early on. Since E&X's timeline is so mysterious, yet you would think there has to be a digital footprint, maybe LE is holding it close to the vest to protect the investigation.

Nah...

Off to sharpen Occam's razor

Last edited:
There’s a guy that was at the CC who saw them and then saw them again at the grub truck. He’s done several interviews. I haven’t heard of anything odd at the CC. But you’re right. Seems like they would just put out a statement asking for anyone at the CC to at least get on a list so they can interview them later if they needed to.
Yes JV... and yeah I'm puzzled why they haven't done that ... " CC Could be perfect for a predator prowling for young women spilling onto the streets, often tipsy or drunk after a night on the town."

It just reminded me of another case...

My

My understanding is that 6 calls where made from K's phone and 3 from M's phone. Seems pretty urgent
I’m 44 and if my boyfriend don’t answer I’ll call him back to back until I decide its time to send one word text. Looks like this:
Hello????
??
Really
Not responding
Ok..
I’ll play this game too

♀️True story.

BBM: In regards to your comment about hiring a communication consultant. They have Aaron Snell, who is communications director for the Idaho State Police.

[I went to post this earlier but got distracted so apologies if someone else already has responded to your post with this info.]
Where’s he been lately? I don’t think he got a time out.

What if X&E came straight home from the frat and watched a movie, as X told her dad, and then went to bed...
What if the killer attacked them right then, between that 12:00 call and 1:00 when the survivors came home and 1:58 when M&K came home, and waited in their room...
What if something still seemed kind of "off' to them, but not enough to call 911, hence the series of calls...

LE might have recognized a difference in Time of Death between the victims in the two bedrooms early on. Since E&X's timeline is so mysterious, yet you would think there has to be a digital footprint, maybe LE is holding it close to the vest to protect the investigation.

Nah...
Did they take temps immediately? How long before stomach contents and tox? At what time did an ME-not the coroner-first see the bodies?

We will have to agree or disagree. Check out the Earons case. No warrant for any specific place or item. Search warrants are specific.

There’s way more to this of course but you are free to research or not.
Michelle Martinko murder in 1979; Jerry Burns (who didn't live too far from me) convicted by DNA on a drinking straw removed by LE from the garbage at Pizza Ranch. No warrant. Garbage is not private once it's thrown away.

Nah...
I, like everyone else, am baffled about the timeline for X&E. How does LE know what time they arrived home? They have never given any info regarding this. Let alone the time in between when they left the party and arrived home. To me this is one of the most curious parts of this case.
I get your theory, and at this point anything is possible, but maybe X told her dad that, because she was still out and didn't want to worry him? Also if the killer was in the house when M&K arrived home they would have had to have waited until they were done trying to get a hold of K's ex. Plus according to LE they were in bed when they were attacked. Maybe they hid in the closet? Again, at this point it is all up in the air.

Last edited:
I am a whole thread behind tonight… a quick like 5-6 point update would be phenomenal right now!!! As always, praying for a huge breakthrough and solid arrest before Christmas! These wonderful, loving, and happy young adults deserve justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214