ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, graphic…Had a thought regarding wounds not matching. Could it be slice vs stab?
A slashed throat to one would provide the silence and a free hand to cover the mouth of the other for stabbing.
JMO It may have been one of those half serrated half straight edge knifes. Straight edge towards the front and serrated towards the hilt. I imagine it would prove ideal for both puncturing and cutting. Cutting the neck first with the serrated part. Compromising the victims airway to lessen any potential noise they may make. Then I imagine go for the puncturing of the vital organs soon after.

Couple of thoughts this early Tuesday morning.....

• Re: The investigation & Kaylee's parents statements....when they question the competency of the Moscow PD, and their ability to solve this crime, the "comeback/defense" is often that they've had the support and help of the FBI. But as far as I can tell by reading previous articles and press releases....I cannot find that the FBI actually jumped in until Nov. 15. The home became a crime scene in the early morning hours of Nov. 13. A BIG bone of contention for the Goncalves family is how quickly certain people were cleared.....mom said in some cases it was "hours". Those first 24 hours being so critical. Local PD & State police could have honestly mishandled a few things in that first day. It's not a "blame game"....I come from a long line of police.....but it's not unreasonable for her parents to have some questions and concerns. I support Mr. Goncalves and his scorched earth approach....as I know I would be doing the same if it were my daughter.

• Re: The brutality of the knife killing....my mind will always go to 'deeply personal' Knife vs. Gun....what a weapon reveals
    • Anytime somebody commits a murder or assault, either by choking, stabbing or making bodily contact, it always speaks to a level of rage and perhaps a personal connection to the victim that shooting with a gun does not," said Naftali Berrill, a forensic psychologist in New York City. "When you are stabbing someone, it's close and in your face. The experience is more visceral and more graphic, more provocative. It speaks emotionality, whether rage or paranoia."
  • HOWEVER-I do get a vibe that this perp WANTED to get close to either K or M....but was unable to (possibly because he felt they were "out of his league" and/or he was "dissed" by them at some point...one of them saying "Ew - get away from me you perv/creep, etc". They both also had serious boyfriends, so that could be another reason he "couldn't get close" to them. But I can almost hear him very sarcastically whispering "oh, you're too good for me, huh? You want me to get away from you, huh? What are you gonna do now that I'm on top of you, huh?" and THIS opportunity off being in control, touching them physically is what he's wanted for a LONG time.

JMO but the fact two of the victims worked as servers at the same restaurant feels like it's being overlooked, at least by online folks (I'm sure LE is all over this). What if Xana and Maddie were the actual targets? Makes more sense than just Kaylee, who wasn't really even living there at the time, and would clear up some of the "why kill all four" question. Hopefully LE is checking into every male co-worker and regular at the cafe. Maybe someone fixated on those girls.

Has there been any clarity on Xana's father coming by the week before to fix a lock? Her mom has mentioned this in interview but unclear if it was a room lock or exterior lock. Thought I read somewhere the killer locked the room doors when he was done, which means the locks were functioning (although I would guess the girls kept the room doors unlocked while they were home). If dad came by to fix an exterior lock...how was it broken? Perhaps this wasn't the killer's first attempt at entry.
I agree. I first thought of the restaurant when LE first mentioned a fixed blade knife or a large knife. The very first thing that popped into my head was a kitchen knife, butcher knife, some kind of knife a chef or kitchen worker would use and that led me to the restaurant or food truck as a source of suspects. IMO

Why does Ms. Banfield continue to just cut people off without explanation? Greg Mccrary is a world of knowledge and experience in hunting down killers. So disrespectful.

I haven't seen the full interview so I can't answer that - only seen that 1.29 minute clip.
In general, it's a bugbear that so many show hosts allocate so little time for the experts they've booked. ( As if they think their audiences have the attention span of a fruit fly)

Did you listen to the last Nancy Grace cutting off Jo Scott Morgan each time he managed to speak a couple of sentences in reply?

The person I was talking about HAS been named. JS, white hoodie guy.
Nope. Again, not true! He's never been named by LE in this investigation.

At this time in the investigation, detectives do not believe the following are involved in this crime:

• Two surviving roommates,
• Male in the Grub Truck surveillance video,
• Private party driver who took Kaylee and Madison home on November 13th,
• The male Kaylee and Madison called numerous times during the early morning hours of November 13th,
• Any individual at the residence when 911 was called, or

• The individual on the lease who moved out of the residence before the school year started and was not present at the time of the incident.

Last edited:
Couple of thoughts this early Tuesday morning.....

• Re: The investigation & Kaylee's parents statements....when they question the competency of the Moscow PD, and their ability to solve this crime, the "comeback/defense" is often that they've had the support and help of the FBI. But as far as I can tell by reading previous articles and press releases....I cannot find that the FBI actually jumped in until Nov. 15. The home became a crime scene in the early morning hours of Nov. 13. A BIG bone of contention for the Goncalves family is how quickly certain people were cleared.....mom said in some cases it was "hours". Those first 24 hours being so critical. Local PD & State police could have honestly mishandled a few things in that first day. It's not a "blame game"....I come from a long line of police.....but it's not unreasonable for her parents to have some questions and concerns. I support Mr. Goncalves and his scorched earth approach....as I know I would be doing the same if it were my daughter.

• Re: The brutality of the knife killing....my mind will always go to 'deeply personal' Knife vs. Gun....what a weapon reveals
    • Anytime somebody commits a murder or assault, either by choking, stabbing or making bodily contact, it always speaks to a level of rage and perhaps a personal connection to the victim that shooting with a gun does not," said Naftali Berrill, a forensic psychologist in New York City. "When you are stabbing someone, it's close and in your face. The experience is more visceral and more graphic, more provocative. It speaks emotionality, whether rage or paranoia."
  • HOWEVER-I do get a vibe that this perp WANTED to get close to either K or M....but was unable to (possibly because he felt they were "out of his league" and/or he was "dissed" by them at some point...one of them saying "Ew - get away from me you perv/creep, etc". They both also had serious boyfriends, so that could be another reason he "couldn't get close" to them. But I can almost hear him very sarcastically whispering "oh, you're too good for me, huh? You want me to get away from you, huh? What are you gonna do now that I'm on top of you, huh?" and THIS opportunity off being in control, touching them physically is what he's wanted for a LONG time.

JMO Interesting. It could also be that the killers objective, among killing, was to be as stealth as possible. By doing so he maintains the element of surprise for each victim he kills. If he had used a firearm, the victims on the other floor would have no doubt been woken up. I imagine this would make killing the rest of his targets extremely more complicated and far more risky since the element of surprise is now lost.

JMO Interesting. It could also be that the killers objective, among killing, was to be as stealth as possible. By doing so he maintains the element of surprise for each victim he kills. If he had used a firearm, the victims on the other floor would have no doubt been woken up. I imagine this would make killing the rest of his targets extremely more complicated and far more risky since the element of surprise is now lost.

Manson would have followers break in homes are rearrange furniture without waking up occupants.

Spooky.

That LE is still asking for more information about E and X's experience at, and/or the context around the time they were at or leaving, Sigma Chi suggests to me that those in or around Sigma Chi possibly haven't been as cooperative or forthcoming as LE would like. If true, this wouldn't necessarily implicate anyone, but it would be indicative of stereotypical fraternity stonewalling. I hope that is not the case.

My opinion.

Had Kaylee already moved to Texas (?) for her internship? Or was she coming from home to visit that weekend? Is it possible that somebody followed her to Moscow from wherever she came from? i.e. that she didn't pick up a stalker at college but later?

Had Kaylee already moved to Texas (?) for her internship? Or was she coming from home to visit that weekend? Is it possible that somebody followed her to Moscow from wherever she came from? i.e. that she didn't pick up a stalker at college but later?
I wonder this too. My understanding is that Kaylee bought the Range Rover that day. Something about that bothers me, like there is a connection somehow.
Just MOO.

“Some people came to us and said that he’s out of the country, Steve Gonalves told the Manhattan-based tabloid. “He didn’t take a DNA test. So we would like [police] to tell us what his alibi was.”
I don't know why everyone thinks DNA is the only way to prove innocence. We don't even know if police have thevperp's DNA from the crime scene. Police could easily have seen the guy on traffic cameras miles away, for example.

I've not posted erotic asyphxiation, maybe some one else mentioned it. Just being kind and helpful to others here.
It was me. But I had it wrong. The term FBI profiler Gregg McCrary used was ‘erotomania fixation’ beginning around :45 in this NewsNation interview:

Sorry - but I respectfully disagree. The person who's out of line IMO is this former FBI agent Jonathan Gillian. I do NOT believe SG is "better off not saying anything"....I support Mr. Goncalves that he's earned the right to question EVERYTHING. It's HIS daughter that was brutally murdered. In 7 days, a whole month will have passed....he's Kaylee's voice now and he should not shut up....all IMHO
Ok. I disagree with your viewpoint. All MOO. I don’t know anything about what the FBI agent said because I wasn’t commenting on that. Have a nice day.

Had Kaylee already moved to Texas (?) for her internship? Or was she coming from home to visit that weekend? Is it possible that somebody followed her to Moscow from wherever she came from? i.e. that she didn't pick up a stalker at college but from back home or where she was moving to? I can't remember what the timeline was for her relocation.
Kaylee was going to her mums on Tuesday.... graduating early in December and had plans to move to Austin, Texas (February), where she had landed a marketing job. She was also set for an upcoming trip to Europe.

The person I was talking about HAS been named. JS, white hoodie guy.
He has not been named as a suspect or person of interest by authorities, that’s the only distinction that matters.
Even KG’s father did not name anyone even though he brought negative attention to someone by implication, and he does not have the authority to name suspects or review alibis to clear or charge anyone anyway.

City of Moscow Police
King Road Homicides

Are there any suspects?

At this time, there are no named suspects, no arrests and no weapon has been found.

Who is NOT believed to be involved?

• Two surviving roommates,
  • Male in the Grub Truck surveillance video,
  • Private party driver who took Kaylee and Madison home on November 13th,
  • The male Kaylee and Madison called numerous times during the early morning hours of November 13th,
  • Any individual at the residence when 911 was called, or
  • The individual on the lease who moved out of the residence before the school year started and was not present at the time of the incident.

Who & what information can I trust?

There is speculation without factual backing, stoking community fears and spreading false facts. We encourage referencing official releases for accurate information and updated progress.

Last edited:
I initially thought it had to be significant - 11 unanswered calls... after 2am... from 2 different people... to the same person... both of whom would be brutally murdered in the next hour or so. Got to be significant.

But as time went on the fact that the family seemingly doesn't consider it all that significant, I came to agree.
Understanding that there are no coincidences in life, please stick with your instinct and initial thought. It still “may be” significant. Hold onto such info, as the dots may never fully “connect” without it. Shelving such facts, (whether she is known for this behavior or not) is the troubling theme of this investigation. Remember the fable about the Shepard boy who “cried” wolf? After exhibiting the same type of irrational and manic behavior (ie: power calling), his behavior was ignored in his true moment of need. That’s why no one came to help him when the Wolf actually appeared and slaughtered the entire flock (after those frantic calls to the villagers, which went unanswered).

I’m not saying this is related, but what bothers me about this incident at 0301 is that the police were a stones throw away from the residence when the killings were thought to take place. How scary is that?
Maybe why the 2 survivors weren't attacked? If perp intended to kill all but was surprised by lights or sirens, maybe he laid low and got out as soon as LE left. IDK if LE would use sirens or lights, but I hope they did and it scared the crap out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans