ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if there are any other similar murders that are unsolved near this one?
This reminds me of this case a couple months ago. This guy is in custody, but it shows how a stranger can just brutally stab people, they do not always have to be known to the victim. There are of course degrees as far as the number of stab wounds/aspect of overkill....but anyway, this guy used a large knife and attacked random people on the Las Vegas strip. Some were show girls who wouldn’t take a picture with him. So there’s that “being rejected” dynamic, which if I had to guess on a strong possible characteristic with the perp at hand, it would be that, the idea of being rejected, which has been mentioned a lot here.

Or butt dialing…or maybe even being stabbed to death. It’s the frequency of the calls within a short period of time that bother me. I get the feeling the calls were not about having eggs or bacon for breakfast. This screams red flags at me. IMO, they heard creaking and noises in the house
In KG's case, it's called "power calling" where morning, noon, or 3 AM, KG expected you to answer and she would just keep re-dialing. This was per her own family. Dad confident the girls were never in fear,

\\

That’s suspicious in and of itself. Most people let their dogs roam freely thru out the house. The animal was secreted away when the murders occurred. This tells me that the perp knew he was going to kill people?
The dog could have been free to roam, we don’t know that s/he wasn’t, all we know at this time is that when the police arrived at the house, the dog was in a bedroom where no murders occurred, and that the dog hadn’t walked through the crime scenes.

Police say there's no way to know for sure where in the house the dog was during the murders, but the pet was found when officers arrived inside a bedroom where no victims were located. We learned from Goncalvez's family that Kaylee slept in her roommate Madison Mogen's room that night, although police have still not shared the exact locations of each victim.

"Officers did not find any evidence on the dog and there was no indication the animal had entered the crime scene," the release stated. "The dog was taken to Animal Services and released to a responsible person."

Sorry if this has already been posted, but what KG’s father says about the young man from the Food Truck is disturbing: his DNA would not have been collected and he would have gone abroad

"A major point of contention for the grieving father is a man who quickly scandalized the internet in the immediate aftermath of the slayings. In streaming footage, a man in a cap, dark jacket and light hoodie can be seen near Goncalves and Mogen, as they are ordering at a popular food truck.

In that footage, the man arrives right when they arrive, waits behind them while they order, walks with them, stands with them as they wait for their food, and speaks with other people at the truck. When the two women leave, however, he goes off in a different direction.

That man has since been identified and is not considered a suspect or person of interest in the investigation at this time, police said.

“Some people came to us and said that he’s out of the country, Steve Gonalves told the Manhattan-based tabloid. “He didn’t take a DNA test. So we would like [police] to tell us what his alibi was.”
Roommates Who Were Asleep Inside of Residence While Four Idaho Students Were Murdered Speak Out for the First Time
There are so many ways to clear a suspect, though.

Maybe his car computer shows a drive to another town and a store camera captures his image and then his car shows a drive continuing away. It was the weekend before Thanksgiving, so maybe he was heading home or to take a flight or who knows?

Maybe he immediately went to the home of a married lover and the alibi is solid, but the fallout would be harder than all this Internet doxing.

The point is, we don’t know and have no real right to know. LE does.

Ok, I will have to reply to disagree. One scenario would be if the dog was in a crate in the area of the crime and then later moved. IMHO this is one more strange statement by MPD.
It’s not a strange statement. It is a “ before and after” type of statement. LE wants info about the location of the dog
1)from before the crime occurred and
2)after the crime occurred
Where was this dog?
LE wants info

IMO, they heard creaking and noises in the house
This reminds me of soo many rape cases where the perp is already inside the house waiting for the victim to come home, sometimes hiding in a closet, etc. I saw one murder case the other day where the perp hid under a pile of blankets on the floor. Anyway, I know so much has been discussed in all these threads, so this has likely been discussed as a possibility, but I wanted to say it feels natural to think/assume the perp entered the house at the time of the crime, after they were asleep, but maybe he was already there waiting.

This reminds me of soo many rape cases where the perp is already inside the house waiting for the victim to come home, sometimes hiding in a closet, etc. I saw one murder case the other day where the perp hid under a pile of blankets on the floor. Anyway, I know so much has been discussed in all these threads, so this has likely been discussed as a possibility, but I wanted to say it feels natural to think/assume the perp entered the house at the time of the crime, after they were asleep, but maybe he was already there waiting.
This is definitely scary and confounding

Yes, it is literally her job! Nowadays most reporters spend too much time tweeting and retweeting in a race to be the one to break news first, but not enough time spent investigating stories like reporters used to do.
And quoting peer journalists as un-named sources for confirmation though the info is NOT verified.

I think there are messaging errors with regard to the dog Murphy, the statements released don’t line up. What really happened? I haven’t a clue.
I do think if he was separated from the girls on the 3rd floor, that is highly sus.

If the FBI is involved it will not matter how much $$ any POI has. They may not jump on them right away, but once evidence is enough for probable cause they could get a warrant for him and anyone else. If anyone fled the city or state or country especially if they stopped attending classes right after the murders, that would be sus. If they left the city and are doing work online- not sus at all.
Also, a student in good standing making progress in their program would have more to lose by dropping classes. If they continued online no matter where they are, isn’t sus.
A student playing school without direction or progress may stop attending when they go online simply because they have no drive. It would be hard to distinguish the two IMO.

While it may be tough to investigate, this is a quadruple homicide with national attention, my guess is the Idaho Attorney General and Governor are involved behind the scenes. If the FBI is involved then other agencies could be pulled into action if needed across borders.

JMO
The FBI has no jurisdiction in this case. There is no alleged federal crime and so a federal prosecutor would not seek a warrant. The FBI is there to assist the locals, at the local's request.

What if the killer didn't have a target, but simply a desire to kill.

And four murders sated that desire -- for whatever reason -- which we will never comprehend.
I think this is a very strong possibility. I’m not sold on the targeted aspect, but then again I don’t have access to their information. Perhaps even if we did have access, maybe it’s still a subjective matter of interpretation. Or maybe there is something really definitive to indicate this that we don’t know, other than the increased wounds or contact points, for which there could be different explanations such as fighting back, etc.

Last edited:
Semantics

My thinking is that there is no way someone calls 911 and uses the term unconscious to describe a situation they can't see i.e. a closed door and someone isn't answering their cell phone. I would describe unconscious to someone if I saw a person not moving, not breathing, eyes closed etc. So a person, you would think, would say hey i am trying to call my friend and they aren't answering their phone, I live downstairs and I am pretty sure they are home...can you send someone for a welfare check. The simplest thing I can think of is that the girls from 1st floor went up to see what was going on and within seconds of being up there (after maybe peaking in bedroom on 2nd level) saw what they saw and freaked out!! Ran at of the house as fast as they can and during the process of dialing 911 and being traumatized...one of the 2 girls fainted/passed out...hence the term...unconscious during the call?
I’m not at all bothered by the unconscious person 911 call. An individual could have called and said that there was blood everywhere and they thought their roommate was deceased, the operator would still go through their script. Are they conscious? No! Breathing? No! We will send someone out, they’re on their way.

Could some disturbed individual have gone to see the movie and obsessed with Michael Myers’s? Does that stuff happen in real life where young impressionable people see movies and act out? What is the statistical percentage of that happening?
There has been quite a few murders that people committed because they were inspired by Horror movies

also the famous Scream murders

thanks for the signpost

have found it now

mentions ' erotomania' as just one possible motivation of many ( I can't find anything on ' erotic asphyxiation' as per your post. Was that in a different clip?)

Why does Ms. Banfield continue to just cut people off without explanation? Greg Mccrary is a world of knowledge and experience in hunting down killers. So disrespectful.

Can you imagine just lying in bed and suddenly the blankets start moving and out springs a man, Jesus, I'd die on the spot.

That’s not true . You can murder people with a knife and have it stem from anger or jealousy or many other things and it not be sexual . People have stabbed their entire family and it wasn’t in a sexual manner at all .
Yes, family stabbings like the 2015 Bever murders in Oklahoma, or as recently as a few days ago in Buffalo Grove. Authorities believe man killed himself after stabbing his children, wife, relative to death in Buffalo Grove

We don’t know many details yet of the Idaho murders, but the victims were stabbed multiple times. One victim was male. We have heard that Kaylee‘s attack appears to be much more brutal. Does that indicate a sexual motive?

Found some stats from a study: (BBM)

Multiple stabbing in sex-related homicides​

Multiple stabbing occurs significantly more frequently in sex-related homicides (≥ 3 stab wounds) than in other homicide types. When the criteria for multiple stabbing are changed (≥ 4, 5, or 25 stab wounds), the percentage of sex-related homicides rises in every group in relation to the increased number of wounds.

Sensitivity and specificity are represented by ROC curves for 3, 5 and 7 stab wounds. The correlation coefficients between multiple stabbing and sex-related homicides regarding gender are all near 0.9. For female victims, all homicides committed by 25 and more stab wounds were found to be sex-related.

Statistically, jealousy was the most frequent motive for sex-related multiple stabbing homicides. Regardless of age, homicides involving multiple stabbings should be considered sex-related, especially when the victim is female.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214