ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After a month of following this, MOO is as follows - and thus all assumes that K was the primary target:

1. K started romantically talking to someone - hence the break she and J were on.

2. This stays as very quiet and very few if any know about it (for whatever reason)

3. K ends romantic situation with this person either as moving on with her life or plans to get back with J.

4. This person feels humiliated, abandoned, rejected, (insert other bad feelings) and decides to murder her.

If accurate, digital evidence exists somewhere, and it’s a matter of time. I just can’t see what else would anger a man so much for such a personal and violet murder, and with J cleared it’s the other option.
The odds establishing a relationship (or even a brief encounter) with someone capable of brutally slashing FOUR people to death is staggering. It appears to be the exact opposite. Someone with these traits actively SOUGHT OUT these victims based on OPPORTUNITY alone. So we have a MASS-and or- SERIAL KILLER in this situation. MOO.

I am sorry if this was posted early on.
I googled the address and ai noticed what looks like a blue pickup parked backed in as if you would go to the house from the rear. Is this common to park here?
View attachment 385463View attachment 385463
Yes, that is parking for the apartments to the right of the house. One of the people who lives in the apartment building said he backs in because it gets really slick up there in winter and it is easier to get out. These photos appear to be summer, though, so it may be the pickup was parked that way out of habit.

Ok I'll try again without breaking rules, sorry.

So since i started following this case, there have been so many questions about the dog, Murphy.

Key ones, imo:
  • Why was the dog not harmed
  • Why did the dog not bark
Both can be answered, imo, by the killer being a dog lover and owner.

Another possibility is that the dog, Murphy, recognized the person's scent.

Last edited:
After a month of following this, MOO is as follows - and thus all assumes that K was the primary target:

1. K started romantically talking to someone - hence the break she and J were on.

2. This stays as very quiet and very few if any know about it (for whatever reason)

3. K ends romantic situation with this person either as moving on with her life or plans to get back with J.

4. This person feels humiliated, abandoned, rejected, (insert other bad feelings) and decides to murder her.

If accurate, digital evidence exists somewhere, and it’s a matter of time. I just can’t see what else would anger a man so much for such a personal and violet murder, and with J cleared it’s the other option.
I find it hard to believe K could keep something like that quiet. IMO. Alivea has stated she was the kind to tell her every little thought.
The property is owned by the university?

Could it be a neighbouring tenant disgruntled by loud music, or had a psychotic attack etc? IMOO
No it's not.

Ok I'll try again without breaking rules, sorry.

So since i started following this case, there have been so many questions about the dog, Murphy.

Key ones, imo:
  • Why was the dog not harmed
  • Why did the dog not bark
Both can be answered, imo, by the killer being a dog lover and owner.
True. And/or Murphy dog was sleeping in his crate and the killer never even saw him. MOO

Welcome to Websleuths Susan!

That puts out the homeowner though, it's not his fault and no doubt has a mortgage on it that he still has to pay, demolished or not.
A solution would be the City allows and expedites rezoning to allow high density housing so a duplex/small apartment complex could be built on this site. It’s owned by a real estate investor so he can recoup his investment w/more rent and new construction for the community. It would be a morbid attraction if it remained as-is.

So, I’ve found it near impossible to keep up with these threads so sincerest apologies if this has already been addressed. I noticed folks questioning why any of the students wouldn’t be at the football game. It was a 7pm game vs UC Davis played at home. Stadium seats 16k and was less than half occupied. I don’t think this is a big football school. While a number of colleges in the US put football games at the highest social standing a number don’t. Attendance stats are listed here. UC Davis vs. Idaho - Game Recap - November 12, 2022 - ESPN

Unless the "community" is going to show up with a lot of money to buy the house, I don't see it going away. Six bedroom house, walking distance to campus, with parking. That place is a gold mine. Tear down, haul away, rebuild (if possible with new regulations) would be $600,000. Plus lost rental income in the mean time. No landlord is just going to throw away a million dollars.
I suppose we'll see what happens in time. It's not a hill I'm willing to die on. NO pun intended at all. JMO

I do think it's interesting that there still seems to be a "reported public" gap in their timeline.

It's hard for me to believe that with all of the potential sources available (eye witness/electronic/etc.) that the police don't have a pretty accurate accounting of where the couple was during those hours.

And with respect to eye witnesses (and what I'd presume would be a fair amount for at least some of the 9PM - 1:45AM time period), even with police requesting people to be quiet, it's hard for me to believe that there haven't been some specific (think friend of a friend) details to emerge and be reported on by the media.
I suspect (and this is only my opinion) that LE is looking for a missing piece of information to connect some dots they already have. The details they are looking to confirm are not nefarious and seemingly nothing without the whole picture. Like that one puzzle piece by itself is just a squiggly blob, until you place it in the perfect spot and can see it all. I agree, if there was something earth shattering or damaging reported, someone would have leaked to one of the many reporters looking for "breaking news".

48A520EF-4D53-4924-9FB2-A68EDB41A95C.jpeg

A04DE9DD-0E4C-42EF-8908-50031060591E.jpeg

Here are two more pics! I have never added pictures before.

If you follow google earth up the street between the pathway to the crime scene house and the backside of Sigma Chi - this building is seen. I’m not from the area? Is this a public restroom/shower? I have two more pics to post.

Attachments

• DBA5F4F0-48E1-4ECD-9179-886ED2BB9E25.jpeg
    DBA5F4F0-48E1-4ECD-9179-886ED2BB9E25.jpeg
    138.4 KB · Views: 60
I'm assuming that the house would end up losing value so that the owner may be better off selling the land the house stood on. JMO.

There are several options. This property is owned by a company which has multiple properties. The land is the most valuable thing in terms of this one piece of real estate and it looks large enough to build a two or three story apartment building on it so tearing it down and rebuilding would be one possibility. But another possibility is that it could be sold to this ghost tour company, which has been buying up infamous houses all over the US:

The house in Colorado that Watts killed his pregnant wife and daughters in recently sold for 600k.

Yes. It was on the market for a long time and sold for under market value when inventory was ridiculously low, but it’s now home to a new family. FWIW I think Shan’ann would be glad.

Last edited:
I came across this small article from Nov 13 on the Pullman Radio (KQQQ) website and am linking it here because it has three photos of the house. All are from slightly different perspectives than I've seen before. For example, one shows the house as well as road in front AND the stairs leading up the hill from across the street. Another shows LE speaking with residents of house next door and clearly shows the camera beside their entry door faces AWAY from the house where the murders occurred.
1670371184539.png
1670371153888.png
1670371091589.png

The house in Colorado that Watts killed his pregnant wife and daughters in recently sold for 600k.

And one of the EARONS/Golden State Killer houses recently sold for just over $1M.

The house in my childhood neighborhood where there was a double homicide is still inhabited, as is the house across the road from it, where a murder/suicide took place. The place where OJ killed Nicole and Ron is still there, as is OJ's mansion. where the bloody glove was found.

The same weekend these four were murdered, there were 3 students murdered in a different state - a person has been arrested, but I don't see much traction for a memorial for those 3.

The Borderline Bar and Grill still stands and IIRC, still operates.

I'm curious why people think a resource (house where students can live fairly cheaply, already built) should be torn down or turned into a memorial. Should this be a trend? Someone has to buy the property from the owner - not even the parents seem to be suggesting such a thing. I am guessing that it could be crowdsourced, but am not really understanding why. Why this particular situation out of all the murders. There's no real memorial to the dead at Kent State - just this:

At any rate, as a parent, it would not be what I would want. Instead, I would want people everywhere to donate to their local residential universities to buy security cameras for every residential area (on and off campus), personal panic buttons, and start a fund to pay for additional, perhaps weekend or late night, policing. More training for students,

I went to a uni where sales of alcohol were banned within 4 miles of campus, fraternities and sororities were carefully policed so as not to provide alcohol to under-21's, etc. It was very expensive to have a car on campus, etc. The homicides on campus appear to have all been by non-students except that time a student shot and killed a professor.

I would rather an actual functioning structure that protects students be in place, not tearing down a house and making a permanent memorial to four out of the thousands of people murdered every year throughout North America.

My dog wouldn't bark at a stranger. She isn't that driven. JMO

My Labrador never barked at strangers either, her son made up for it, though, lol.

In the small apartment block where my daughter lives, 2 different tenants have a dog each, one howls occasionally and barks when outsiders are moving about, the other big dog doesn’t bark at all, my daughter didn’t even know he existed until she saw him taken for a walk.

Basically, there’s no use reading too much into the dog not barking or alerting the owners of an intruder, if the surviving housemates have advised LE of Murphy’s temperament, that answers their question.

Also, I wonder how warm the house was, central heating? Fireplace?

If it were cold inside due to heating being turned off earlier, some dogs just huddle up in their bed for the night and won’t budge for anything but during the warmer months are much more alert. This is my experience living in the mountains where winter is bitterly cold. JMO

Thank you for posting this.

IMHO, this might be significant. The dog was inside the house when LE arrived. LE says that they don't know if the dog was in the house when the murders happened. That indicates to me that the dog might have been let inside the house by the killer, because surely LE would have noticed where the dog was initially at when they arrived? And, as a separate issue, most dogs would IMHO at least bark if something was going on with their owner, even if locked in another room. More to the point, IMHO the killer might suspect that the dog would do so, and might be heard, so IMHO this might indicate that the killer had reason to believe that the dog wouldn't do so, which IMHO indicates that the killer knew the dog (Assuming the killer knew the dog was there).

Just my opinion, but I think it's worth considering the possibility that the dog knew the killer, and thus was not a threat to the killer, not a hindrance to the killer or killers. That might explain why the dog is still alive.
We had a bear break into our house one night, rip open a 40 lb bag of dog food and knock over a bin full of aluminum cans. Six dogs. None barked. True story.

They were in a different part of the house and had they actually seen the bear I’d like to think they would have reacted. But I wouldn’t bet on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member