ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also super interesting that Police are not looking for the car after the murders were completed …. It seems very specific …

If you know of or own a vehicle matching this description, or know of anyone who may have been driving this vehicle on the days preceding or the day of the murders, please forward that information to the Tip Line.

IMO it sounds like the car was seen around the house in the days/day prior… stalker perhaps? Or someone watching the comings and going in preparation of the attack? Personally, I get the sense from the wording the car has been spotted on a neighbours CCTV and determined by locals to be ‘out of place’.

Yes, from what I have seen reported she had already moved quite a bit if stuff out. She had come back to stay a few days with Maddie to show her new car to everyone. What if she hadn't come back to visit? Would the other murders still have happened?
This now makes much more sense to me with why K was in M’s room… maybe she had already moved most of her things (including bed) so just crashed with M while she visited. MOO

IMO it sounds like the car was seen around the house in the days/day prior… stalker perhaps? Or someone watching the comings and going in preparation of the attack? Personally, I get the sense from the wording the car has been spotted on a neighbours CCTV and determined by locals to be ‘out of place’.
Or/and the police knows that the car had left Moscow ID and had never returned as had not been seen since the murders.

I wonder if the Hiring of PI resulted in release of this information. I wonder if LE had this info for weeks or if the PI found it.
Either way I hope it helps. I also wonder if they have a suspect and know that is his car and are just collecting more evidence. This reminds me of the white pickup description in the kyron homan case.

A neighbor over the edge IDK?

Agreed. Isn’t it in the field behind the fraternity house? The field that is between the fraternity house and the steps leading to the back door of the 1122? If so, i would think the fraternity gathering is winding down around that time and some drunk people are dispersing. If they are being loud and disorderly then you could have at least one neighbor who has had enough of their antics. Typically that’s an established neighbor who didn’t fully consider the consequences of buying a home near a frat house or has been there so long they pre-date the frat house. It’s a little strange if the noise is far in in the field and somewhat insulated— but I can’t see the call being a ruse as it would draw police into the immediate area and present challenges.

It sounds like police are looking for a vehicle that was seen in the area at the time of the murders on CCTV. They know the type of vehicle, but they don't know the license plate. Sounds like a side shot of the car. If no one comes forward as the car's owner, police will become more interested in the vehicle, and will look farther and wider for the owner. If it is a stolen vehicle, police will follow that theft to find the killer.
The bodycam footage at about 3 a.m. shows headlights leaving the residence on King Street. IIRC, it’s at the end and cuts off. Given the blurring of other portions of the video, the bodycam footage was potentially altered to blur the vehicle leaving the driveway.

Another thing: The bodycam footage of the alcohol offense on the band field is time stamped at the start 2:54:40 a.m. and shows what appears to be headlights in the driveway of the home. Kaylee’s sister said she made six phone calls between 2:26 a.m. and 2:52 a.m. If those are headlights, are they from the murderer or a friend who departed just before the murders?

Thank you!! I kept hearing references to ice and snow during the murders and I just did not see any in the initial picutres. Just a bit in the shaded spots.

#moscow #weather

Last edited:
Well the murders occurred on November 13, so it hasn’t been a month yet.

And IMO LE is not playing chess or any other game and sitting back waiting for Internet sleuths to alert them to “ clues “ on a food truck Livestream.

They have asked for the public’s help but that doesn’t mean that they have nothing to go on.

If you’ve followed any investigations you’ll know that it takes time to follow up on leads and evidence. And in this case there are FOUR victims, so FOUR times the cell phone data, emails and witness interviews of people associated with each victim.

Have you seen how many tips have been called in and how many videos submitted? LE has to vet and follow up on every one of those ( even if they sound ridiculous).

It’s not like an episode of Law and Order or CSI where they wrap it all up in an hour.

JMO

View attachment 385839
It looks like you took that exaggerated comment quite literally. . ..

The point was the case comes off like LE is strategically holding back info but out of nowhere the public gets asked about or told about something seemingly simple. Meaning maybe they aren’t holding back much because there possibly isn’t much.

The more I think about this, the more clearly I see the possibilities:
1) The killer was present with either K&M or X&E prior to the murders, most likely at the food truck or the frat party. The killer would have been present at the moment of the victim's departure. Otherwise, how would he know when they went home? The killer would also need to know the victims well enough to know where they lived.

OR

2) The killer watched and waited to strike. He would have to know the occupancy of the house to know when everyone was home. How else could he be sure that other roommates or friends weren't going to come home in the middle of the act? The killer would live within sight and walking distance of the house.

I don't see any other likely possibility, other than some disturbed mind picked a random house to attack and got lucky not to get caught (yet).

But assuming the killer didn't just pick a random house, which should be known from the forensics, then logic says that the killer must have known when the victims would be arriving home. Therefore the killer was either with the victims when they departed to go home, or the killer was already watching the home (either from inside his own home or from inside the victim's home). I don't think he was spending hours in the frigid dark weather hiding in trees, waiting for the victims to arrive. He would have no clue if they were coming home at 1, 2, 3, 4, or even 5 am. Or even not at all! He also would have turned his phone off, so he would be waiting for hours in the cold dark with nothing to do. Every minute he spent waiting was another minute he risked being seen. I guess it's possible, but I don't think it's likely. He also could have been in their house already, but that is very risky.

Look at the people who were present with K&M and X&E, and look at every single person who lives within sight distance of the house, and I bet you will find the killer.
However, bear in mind that hunters do this all the time--wait patiently and quietly for hours in cold, cramped, dark conditions. I am not saying the perp is a hunter, although he could be. My point is that a predator of any kind is willing to be uncomfortable in the process of waiting for the right moment to kill his prey.

Pretty sure that LE would have collected all of that footage straight away??? Wouldn’t they???
The local footage, I would hope that footage was collected anyway …. There is a servo very close to the house ..

But if we imagine the car‘s fuel tank was full at the time (thinking planned) of the murders ….. then how far could it go on a full tank …. About 600kms??? Or is that being too generous ??? But that would be any town in a 5hour radius maybe???

Would also be worthwhile looking to see if anyone filled up that day or the day before?? At the local servos ….

Excellent thought Deep ….
An Elantra from that era has a max highway range of ~486 miles. Even assuming you don't get max efficiency out of it, that would get you to Seattle, or Portland, or Boise, or Missoula.
Oh dear…guess that’d be a lot of cam footage to go through… maybe I’m just hoping for one of those stupid luck moments where someone happened to see it… but still curious how long that recorded cam footage can be stored for on those?

wasnt this her last year? Could be a graduation present also. I did see that the two girls were childhood friends. So it would make sense to show off a new present. If she was planning on buying the car she most likely took her friend and roommate to view the car before purchasing it.
I agree it is quite possible she received some gift $ from relatives to assist her. She also had a summer internship that had turned into a job offer. She may have saved that $ and/or had other savings. If she had a nice downpayment and proof of her new job offer, she could have gotten a loan. However, she did not take Maddie to view it. K's family specially shared that she was taking it to Moscow to surprise M with it and refused to tell M in advance what kind it was.

Moscow is full of university students who don't like security cameras for fear of self perjury

The King st house is opposite the frat house less than a mile away

The house was prominent social media entities

I won't be surprised if the perpetrator is a foreign national IMOO

An out of towner IMO
I’ll bite. What leads you to believe a foreign national may have committed the crime? I’m not saying it’s impossible, but of the many things I wouldn’t be surprised about on this case, this would be one that shocks me. IMO

Perhaps prior to murders the car was parked near 1122 King Road only/mostly in the evening/night time and never during day time when it would be easier to spot someone sitting in the car and watching the house, so a neighbourgh could have alarmed the police?

I wonder who was the target because with the informstion available now it could go either way. There were 2 groups of 2 people ( best friends K & M as one group and E & his GF X - the other) and each group could have been the target based on assumption both persons of that group could have shared information/observation that was the reason decission to kill has been made on first place.

The decision to kill 2 of the victims belonging to same group, was made not long but well prior the killings, allowing sufficient time the preparations to be under way hours before the killings.

The decision to kill all 4 victims was made sometime between 1.55 and 2.25 am on the night of murders, when the person(s) watching their target saw 2 groups of victims interacting at during that period of time and suspect that they shared that vital informaton that prompted the killer to attack. In this case, at least one victims had to be seriously worried about something, so much that they shared their reasons to be worried with their closest friends. The interaction alarmed the killer who was observing the house very close at that time, ready to atrack: perhaps the body language of 4 victims was telling or even overhearing something that was said thru the open window/door that convinced the killer to attack all 4 as any of them would have become a witness pointing to the killer's direction, if victims was spared.

That would explain why 2 girls on the ground floor were not attacked: they were not present in the living area during that period of time 1:55 - 2:25 am and were not considered to be danger for the killer. I find suggedtion that the killer was not aware of 2 more girls being present in the house not convincing. My perception is, that the killer was well aware who and where was there.

Which means that whatever happened that prompted the killer to attack their target, happened not long ago before the killings, few hours at most, it was presenting real serious danger to the killer and perhaps his close associate(s) and he could not take a chance to leave any victim alive till next morning.

All the above is JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member