ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good argument for the killer to be living within sight of the house! Could see when everyone returned home and didn't need to sit out in the cold or risk going into the house and hiding until everyone returned and lights were out.

Also, what about if he was sitting in an automobile for a few hours watching the house? We were once stuck behind a "bandit" (what I call him) in Arizona in December. Temps in the low 30s. Bandit refused to get out of his vehicle and we were sitting for several hours while LE tried to talk him out of the vehicle. We'd occasionally crank the truck to warm up a little.

That's what I was saying. If he's in one of those apartments in front of the house, he can sit from the comfort of his room and watch people go in and out of that house. It's so convenient. That morning was cold and icy. If he's outside waiting for them to go to sleep, he could be waiting a good while.

What are the chances the killer murdered the other three in order to disguise their motive? We assume one person was the intended target. What if the other three were killed so that the murder of only one person would not point an immediate finger at someone who may have had a close connection with one of the victims?

Also, could the killer have deliberately inflicted more severe injuries on a person who was not their primary target for the same purpose of disguising the motive?

True crime books over the years have exposed all the methods and clues law enforcement use to find suspects. Who is to say that the killer is not aware of these techniques and deliberately worked to subvert them?
I also think there is a possibility that the victim with most severe injuries had fought the attacker. Whether she was the intended target or not.

JMO

Kelly Blue Book search for 2016-2017 Land Rover Evoque show dealer prices around $23-25k. If you’ve looked at used cars lately, that is quite inexpensive. I recently spent months looking for a car for my teens and it was hard to find much under $16-17k and 10 years old. And as soon as cars became available they were bought sight unseen.

I've wondered if someone either directly or indirectly involved in that call thought 1122 called the police on them. The timing is incredible. JMO
I don’t suspect the Band Field kids to be involved, but rather that there is more to that phone call and there’s a chance LE overlooked something crucial to 1122. Maybe this phone call was designated as a “suspicious character” response and the police ran onto the Band Field kids instead of the murderer, etc.

He shouldn't have had access to her autopsy report. JMO
Sg stated in an interview, I think the same one where he said "means of death don't match" saying he's in communication with other parents. I wondered if he and X's dad discussed injuries.

I also think there is a possibility that the victim with most severe injuries had fought the attacker. Whether she was the intended target or not.

JMO

Early reports (in the media thread) report that X had defensive wounds, but are silent about defensive wounds on any of the others.

Another reason for varying number of injuries could be positioning in the bed/how the victim was initially lying.

Sg stated in an interview, I think the same one where he said "means of death don't match" saying he's in communication with other parents. I wondered if he and X's dad discussed injuries.
I think he was referring to KG & MM as in the same interview he said he can't speak on other kids meaning EC and XK.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
I am wondering if the first floor rooms were locked. To me, that’s a key detail for motive - were the girls spared? were they locked safely in their rooms & the perp couldn’t get them? I know we won’t find out anytime soon but it’s on my wishlist.

Last edited by a moderator:
What we don't know is if the parents had independent autopsies conducted. If so, they would see the independent reports and could share information.
has there been any funerals? IE do we know the bodies even released at this time?

Disagree. He’d only have to see the autopsy report. That details every single injury including size, depth and position of stab wounds. So, if one victim had only 3 stab wounds and another had 15, he could easily say one was more brutal.
And there might have been injuries above the neck we are not aware of (even as it’s hard to type this sadly)

It will go much higher IMO. The bulk of the 50 is probably digital. I’m venturing that the average 20yr old has a phone, laptop, iPad, wearable technology (eg Apple Watch/Fit Bit), a few social media accounts, and cloud storage for starters.
I just replied to another comment, here I thought it would be for someone LE is interested not victims. Too bad, I jumped the gun thinking they were going to load up and search a possible POI.

has there been any funerals? IE do we know the bodies even released at this time?

There are many comments on earlier threads about the cremations of K and M (so those bodies were released), although I do not know which article in the media thread is a source for that.

Anyone know?

And there might have been injuries above the neck we are not aware of (even as it’s hard to type this sadly)

In that case, the coroner ought not to have publicly said that the wounds were to the upper body and chest areas, with defensive wounds on X (posted in the last thread, also in the media thread).

So it went from Uber to a "private party" to a sorroritys ride service.. What does that even mean? Is there an article or proof backing this up? Is the ride service a frat guy donating his time or is it a taxi company the sorority runs a tab with? With all the talk and speculation of dog location and people hiding in the woods everyone is ok with the ride service story? Sometimes Occams Razor works..

I like to people watch too. Not sure I would enjoy this sort of live stream or not, but I get how people liken it to sitting on a porch and watching a busy street of people flow by. That being said, I find it creepy that it was apparently pretty normal for rando guys watching the livestream pay for random girl's food. That part gives me the icks.

@Bhodie
Where is the link to the video?
Reason why I am asking is due to the fact that you state that a contractor in that video claims that there are 3 bathrooms on each floor based on ventilation pipes on the roof.

Zillow and other sites state 6, there is 1 bathroom on each floor for a total of 3

Respectfully,
Thora_Jay
I will have to go through my history to find it. It was some sort of show where the guy was being interviewed to see if the theory of the drips being blood held up and he had a lot of good information as to why he believes it is based on the structure of the home, housing codes, the pipes on the roof and the pipes around the foundation he had a lot of good information. If I find it I will post a link or message it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme