ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They must have a specific thought in mind or missing piece to that part of the puzzle timeline.
Since the Police press release mentions that they are also looking for info on the white Elantra being in the area in the days leading up to the murders, could that mean that the car/occupant(s) could have been casing the 1122 house? Or other apartments/homes in the neighborhood to observe the patterns of residents/renters and their daily routines?
MOO

I wonder if the Hiring of PI resulted in release of this information. I wonder if LE had this info for weeks or if the PI found it.
Either way I hope it helps. I also wonder if they have a suspect and know that is his car and are just collecting more evidence. This reminds me of the white pickup description in the kyron homan case.
I don't think a PI would have the advanced technology the FBI has.

They might call in a tip, but wouldn't have the footage LE has collected or any other evidence. When LE does an extensive video canvass, they focus on an image that interests them, such as a car. Then they try to string it together with all the other camera footage to see if that image appears again at the next light, store, etc. I would think they'd have a good idea of the route the killer took if this is the car they are looking for. IMO

Sounds like they are making progress. Hopefully this new info will bring more tips. Somebody must know something.

I wonder if the driver will come forward.

Could the knife have been in a backpack? A lot of people carry one, so it wouldn’t arouse suspicion, would it? If someone I knew was going to crash on my couch for some reason, I would expect them to have some items with them in a backpack.
JMO

A large knife isn't that hard to conceal. It really could have been anywhere on his/her person or in a backpack. There are all sorts of tactical apparel that anyone can buy with concealed carry pockets, deep pockets, etc. There are concealed holsters. Knilfe holsters you can strap to a thigh...IMO it's not that hard to hide a knife, even a large one.

They are not asking where it is now. They are asking, where it was before the murders.
Sounds like they know very well where it is atm.
If LE knows where the car is now, as you suggest, they surely know who is the owner.

If the car was reported stolen and was abandoned after the killings, and the owner has strong alibi like been abroad for some period of time before the killings, that is something else.

Since the Police press release mentions that they are also looking for info on the white Elantra being in the area in the days leading up to the murders, could that mean that the car/occupant(s) could have been casing the 1122 house? Or other apartments/homes in the neighborhood to observe the patterns of residents/renters and their daily routines?
MOO

Or someone visiting a friend.

My opinion.

They are not asking where it is now. They are asking, who was driving it and where before the murders.
Sounds like they know very well where it is atm.

Color me confused, this reads they are looking for vehicle.

Idaho police search for white Hyundai Elantra in Moscow college murder case

Has it been found.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members