ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the craziness online they probably don’t want to risk being doxxed. Pretty much anyone connected to this case who they can identify is being attacked on social media.
I totally understand that, but I don't recall seeing other LE behave this way. Just seemed odd to me.

Did anyone else find it odd that these guys were keeping their heads down like they didn't want their faces filmed?
It's quite possible they were just there looking for something specific the families requested and wasn't in what was returned earlier and are just tired of the media camped out in front of the house. They certainly wouldn't want it known if the family asked for x item, and that item was not there.

I AM NOT SAYING THIS HAPPENED. It's just my own thoughts.

I hadn't seen that in the 15 odd threads. The times and the number of calls seem pertinent to the subject matter.
The date is irrelevant.
Yes, it is significant in the fact that we know K & M were alive at 2:52 am.

The reason there hasn't been more discussion on it is because it was discussed to great depth in earlier threads. Other than the time line, the information really has no value for the following reasons:
  • @Zella : "The sister actually stated in interviews that this was a normal habit of K's, to call people in the early hours of the morning repeatedly about mundane things until they answered."
  • The recipient of the calls, K's ex, "isn't believed to have been involved" per the City of Moscow homicide investigation update (see below)
  • They weren't urgent calls for help due to the fact it took 30 minutes to make a total of six calls. M also made 3 (I believe) attempts to call K's ex in that same time frame. If it was THAT urgent, the calls would have been over a much shorter time frame IMHO.
Snip from City of Moscow Homicide Updates:

1670564170057.png

And you’d be right.

Eyewitnesses are notorious for being off.

We just had an exercise where the Range Rover was called five different colors, and they know it’s not a 2014, which had subtle changes.

It’s reasonable to go off their language, which didn’t say light colored, which is often the case.

We are talking 3:00-5:00 ish in the morning, some said foggy - in a college town where drinking is common, and we are talking about a common shaped sedan.
Unless a) the cops already have the vehicle remember they specifically did not include sightings after the crime in their request, so it seems they are not seeking the vehicle.

b) or they have a picture of it being somewhere nearby in which case even a night time image can result good idea of color, model and year series from aspects and relative geometry of the tail lights (similar to facial ID). The FBI certainly would have a database and algorithms to ID cars from imagery

I agree about eyewitness IDing. But machine imagery analysis sophistication and capability has grown fantastically in the last few years. They can id cars form aspects of a single door or fender. if that car had been imaged in a well lit area they would know make, model, year series and color -- and be seeking additional information if it had been sighted following victims movements in days, hours or minutes up to attack

Last edited:
Did anyone else find it odd that these guys were keeping their heads down like they didn't want their faces filmed?
Law enforcement officers were doxed and threatened during the BLM riots. Two close family friends are in law enforcement. One who works in the city put his family into hiding until the riots were over.

IMHO, the frenzy around the Moscow murders is worse in terms of doxing.

I don’t blame anyone who doesn’t want to be in the line of fire in terms of public scrutiny.

Did you see the keypad lock on their front door?

There has been discussion how the door was often left unlocked or that many people knew the code.

I will look for the quotes
Do those not lock automatically? Sorry I know nothing about these locks.

One area that I keep coming back to are the strange stairs that lead from Shetland Ct. all the way up to Walenta. You still have to clear a few houses, however.

The attached gives addresses regarding points of entry/exit (N, S, W, E) to 1122.

Attachments

• 63184298-228C-4174-ABA5-A3970D3DB3EF.jpeg
    63184298-228C-4174-ABA5-A3970D3DB3EF.jpeg
    217.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 81C9F47A-3896-444F-AA9C-49B840B0A023.jpeg
    81C9F47A-3896-444F-AA9C-49B840B0A023.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
  • They weren't urgent calls for help due to the fact it took 30 minutes to make a total of six calls. M also made 3 (I believe) attempts to call K's ex in that same time frame. If it was THAT urgent, the calls would have been over a much shorter time frame IMHO.
I am not sure we can exclude that they were calls for help. You are assuming perfect or even sound judgment when these victims were drunk, and may have felt that after being creeped out or threat by someone that it was better to call a friend than cops. Or that they may have taken time between calls attempting to wake someone. The calls may well 100% had to do with being followed, threatened, creeped out by the assailant, even hearing things outside, but they may have been hesitant to call in quick succession.

If you take a good self defense class one lesson that a good instructor will repeat is "Do NOT embarrassed to call for help. the reason for that is because so many people are hesitant.

I think there is a better than even chance those calls are relevant attack

They looked men on a mission who were trying to process the horror they just saw!! JMO

I am not sure we can exclude that they were calls for help. You are assuming perfect or even sound judgment when these victims were drunk, and may have felt that after being creeped out or threat by someone that it was better to call a friend than cops. Or that they may have taken time between calls attempting to wake someone. The calls may well 100% had to do with being followed, threatened, creeped out by the assailant, even hearing things outside, but they may have been hesitant to call in quick succession.

If you take a good self defense class one lesson that a good instructor will repeat is "Do NOT embarrassed to call for help. the reason for that is because so many people are hesitant.

I think there is a better than even chance those calls are relevant attack
Yes, there is that probability, but I don't believe the calls were relevant to the attack at all. If K & M were that upset, I find it difficult to believe they would have shut the light out and fallen asleep. LE has stated they believe the victims were asleep when they were attacked.

If they have done or will be doing any undercover work, they especially would not want to show their faces in a case where there is massive and pervasive media coverage and public interest. It isn't just about cops who do deep cover, if they do or may do any undercover work at all, including basic stakeouts in unmarked cars, they would avoid being photographed on the job.

Yes, it is significant in the fact that we know K & M were alive at 2:52 am.

The reason there hasn't been more discussion on it is because it was discussed to great depth in earlier threads. Other than the time line, the information really has no value for the following reasons:
  • @Zella : "The sister actually stated in interviews that this was a normal habit of K's, to call people in the early hours of the morning repeatedly about mundane things until they answered."
  • The recipient of the calls, K's ex, "isn't believed to have been involved" per the City of Moscow homicide investigation update (see below)
Snip from City of Moscow Homicide Updates:

View attachment 386101
More than 6 phone calls at 2.20 to 2.56am. About 1 call per 8 minutes give or take depending on actually how many were made.

Nothing has been implied by me, but it means the victim was probably alive at ~3am.

If my ex rang me 7 times after 2.20am I would be less than happy.

I missed the early threads but felt the info they be alive 3am pertinent to the timeline. As a definitive milestone.

What time is sunrise and twighlight? 6.30am? Ill check.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member