ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beginning to think this case will go unsolved…

I really am hopeful it will be solved, and soon.

My reasons,

the murders were committed in an enclosed area, a house, they weren’t killed some place else and/or disposed of in a forest, field, industrial area etc.

The killer or killers have left something of themselves behind, it’s there, just needs to be identified.

There are witnesses, whether they realise it or not, some still to come forward.

Someone knows this individual, I’m sure there are calls coming in which need to be carefully looked at, only a matter of time.

Cell phone data to be gone through.

A knife will be found or will be discovered to have been bought locally, or within the state, someone KNOWS who owns this knife, they’re probably ringing in or will soon.

It is a fairly built up neighborhood, not an isolated house on acreage.

The list goes on, it will be solved, Imo.

I wonder if police have run the university car parking database for Elantras to eliminate white Elantras from the investigation?

Imagine if your son used mummy's car for a ferocious four person homicide.

Would the car be full of blood? The crime scene got legs.

One would think the LE can build a digital identikit as such based on DNA, albeit a slow process? Height? Hair color? Nationality background?

My opinion is a little different.

There are a lot of cameras out there. They could pick up that car in WA (in November even) and check the owner, and see things don’t add up when they ask basic questions.
I hope that the car is found soon so they can rule in/out anyone who could have been with the car at the time so at least that answer would be had.

My opinion is a little different.

There are a lot of cameras out there. They could pick up that car in WA (in November even) and check the owner, and see things don’t add up when they ask basic questions.
I'm hoping the car is a wildcard that they need to narrow down a potential POI.

A heinous murder case in Canada caught the killer (Douglas Garland) this way by a fluke. The house next door was getting construction so construction company set up cameras and picked up where his truck was spotted prowling early in the night then leaving later on. He left zero DNA at the scene (wore a hazmat suit) so the ONLY reason he was caught because his truck was caught on this camera. It was a small miracle in a very, very sad and sick story. I'm truly hoping this car does this for this case!

If the car is full of blood stains, how do you hand it back to mummy?

Is there a parent missing a 2013 Elantra? Has a vehicle detail contractor cleaned an Elantra lately. Asking for a friend.

This is Not a cold case. It is not an underfunded or undermaned case. It is a case that is undoubtable an EXTREME outlier from a forensics perspective since the home involved was a party house and probably has DNA from a gazzion people. It went unreported for nine hours meaning nearly one MILLION square miles from the radius resulting from 65 mph travel from time of murder to time police were there.
In most US cities, 90% murder perps and mruder victims both have criminal records, and have been fingerprinted and known to police. This perp may have been a choir boy with zero record.
it occurred at a time when over half the school population leaving for the holidays, so they don't even have people who "fled" to have as POI as 5,000 totally innocents kids screwed out in the days after the murder for the holiday and many will not be coming back til January.

It is a difficult case that will take time, but this does not mean it will be unsolved or shelved as cold.

if the crew from the news feed that showed the new investigators going through the house was paying close attention they probably would be able to discern the path the investigators took in that house. You'd think the lead guy showing the scene would retrace exactly the order of movement in the house by the perp.

I'm hoping the car is a wildcard that they need to narrow down a potential POI.

A heinous murder case in Canada caught the killer (Douglas Garland) this way by a fluke. The house next door was getting construction so construction company set up cameras and picked up where his truck was spotted prowling early in the night then leaving later on. He left zero DNA at the scene (wore a hazmat suit) so the ONLY reason he was caught because his truck was caught on this camera. It was a small miracle in a very, very sad and sick story. I'm truly hoping this car does this for this case!
this case could be like that. The house next door to 1122 has a lightbulb camera that faces perfectly down the street away from the residence. I saw it tonite when Entin drove by. Would be a nice view of a car turning. I wonder if that camera caught the car cuz its so close

I am unable to locate the article referenced with information about neighbor hearing a scream and seeing an SUV- could someone please help me?
Just theorizing here. I’m like most of you here, been going back and forth. After the car came into question it made me think more about KG’s stalker and/or talk of one. Everything reported says she was practically finished with school but had at least partially moved out already and was living at home.

I’m not saying all college kids but at least a portion of them would take that opportunity to stay in their college apartment he/she is already paying for and lack of responsibility for a couple of months to live it up. Job coming soon, no serious boyfriend in the picture. Apartment paid or paying for regardless. So hang out and live the good life for bit. But KG didn’t. None of us really know why. Maybe she was a homebody at heart and wanted to spend as much time as she had with her family and friends in her hometown. Or maybe something spooked her.

But then she gets a new car. Proud of it, as she should have been and decides the coast is clear. This stalker won’t know she’s there because she’s in a new vehicle. A different one. Not new but new to her. So she heads back to her college campus for some fun and to share her good fortune with her friends. One last hurrah before joining the real world. The job and the obligations & responsibility that’s going to involve.

Guess it’s a long way of leading to my question: could this be someone who was following her all along, starting at UI then home and back again to UI?
Well, I’m starting to think she may be the the target where I wasn’t so certain before. I wonder why no one one knows where she worked? She apparently got some sort of degree in IT? Did she do internship in the community? If so where?
It could be she noticed a peripheral nuance but blew it off. Though I still think everyone knew this person at least by sight , and they pissed him off or humiliated him in his mind .

if the crew from the news feed that showed the new investigators going through the house was paying close attention they probably would be able to discern the path the investigators took in that house. You'd think the lead guy showing the scene would retrace exactly the order of movement in the house by the perp.
This! I want to know which rooms they entered.

I read back earlier a parent was fixing the locks? Not sure it is fact?
Xana's mother said this in her first interview, that Xana's father had fixed a lock (she didn't say which one) when he visited the weekend before the murder. This has not been confirmed by either LE or Xana's father, but if true, I think it may well be relevant.

I hate that people are saying they think this case will go unsolved or it’s becoming a cold case after less than a month with new leads still coming out.

I have hope and faith in the police and FBI that they will solve this case quickly. And hopefully they already have their eye on a POI or multiple POIs and just need to narrow it down/compile more proof for an arrest.
Cold cases don’t have over 5000 tips being worked on.

New York Times, Dec 7, unlocked article

“The police said they have received more than 5,000 tips, collected 113 pieces of physical evidence, taken about 4,000 photographs and conducted more than 150 interviews.”
“This is our highest priority,” Capt. Roger Lanier of the Moscow Police Department said last month. “It will remain our highest priority. We owe that to the families.”

To anyone interested. The named color Land Rover uses is "Indus Silver Metalic"
Thanks! I have to add if it was covered in calchlor it could appear grey. Either way it looks like most here now know which vehicle the RR was thankfully.

Who does the black car belong to? Of course nothing is 100%, but most of the time when a car is backed in, it is a male driver although Ethan’s car is not. Perhaps Xana was driving
IIRC the black car belonged to Ethan's sister possibly but I'm foggy on that.

Someone must've seen someone cleaning their car the day after (in daylight as hard to clean a car in the dark) the murders.

Even if killer changed clothes, he'd be paranoid enough I'd think to do a good car cleaning (assuming he wasn't on foot or bike) to not leave any trace evidence. Come on people out there... someone knows someone possibly!

Well, I’m starting to think she may be the the target where I wasn’t so certain before. I wonder why no one one knows where she worked? She apparently got some sort of degree in IT? Did she do internship in the community? If so where?
It could be she noticed a peripheral nuance but blew it off. Though I still think everyone knew this person at least by sight , and they pissed him off or humiliated him in his mind.
Degree in marketing. She was working from home at least part of the time. My understanding is the internship was with the same company where she got hired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela