ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing the car in question and path to the house
least amount of lighting and cameras
I also kind of think killer called cops on "drunken disturbance" to keep whatever cops were on patrol distracted
If that was the case, you'd think he wouldn't have brought the police so close to the location he was going to be committing a mass murder.

Yeah, the timing of the car information is strange in that it came out right around while people were combing over the police body cam footage. However, there is far too much detail in the LE's request for them to have gleaned it from that footage. There is more to the reasons why they are looking for info on this vehicle.
Yes, I agree LE knows more. It’s hard for me to believe they are conducting a mass murder investigation based on what people are doing on Reddit and FB regarding this case.
I give them more credit than that.

Any motive would make the crime seem extreme. It could've been a last straw kind of thing. I just have a hard time believing the two were COMPLETELY unrelated. Same location, same time frame, 2 of the victims were JUST over there. That would be an incredible coincidence.
Saturday night in a small college town. Something was bound to be going on with drunk kids near the school.

I agree that doesn't make a lot of sense. Maybe one of the victims called the police on them though. If that was at 3:00 and the murders happened between 3-4, maybe the murders were because someone was mad that the police were called on them. I'm SO curious to know what K&M wanted to talk to her ex about and whether those were the only calls they made.

LE said the call was unrelated to the murders.

My opinion.

rbbm
''As the investigation into the murders of four University of Idaho students enters its fourth week, law enforcement is likely now trying to identify the killer through investigative genetic genealogy, a novel field that combines cutting-edge DNA analysis with traditional genealogical research.

Authorities collected 113 pieces of physical evidence at the scene for testing by Idaho State Police Forensic Services, which have been "working 24/7 in the lab" to try to get results as quickly as possible.

Investigators typically will first compare unknown DNA samples from the crime scene to the FBI’s Combined DNA Index System (CODIS), a database that contains genetic samples of known offenders, using traditional STR DNA analysis.''

"It's pretty quick to compare against CODIS. Had they gotten a match, I think they probably would have arrested by now, so I think we can assume that they are at least looking at using investigative genetic genealogy," CeCe Moore, the chief genetic genealogist at Parabon NanoLabs, told Fox News Digital.
If the traditional STR DNA analysis doesn't come up with a match in CODIS, then investigators can analyze more than half a million DNA single nucleotide polymorphisms, or SNPs, to identify possible distant relatives of the unknown suspect.

Genetic genealogists can then reverse engineer the unknown person's family tree using traditional genealogy and narrow it down to a potential suspect.

Once law enforcement has identified a suspect using genetic genealogy, it will generally try to secretly obtain a fresh DNA sample to confirm a lead. ''
I had suggested this as an possible options a few weeks ago. I got quickly schooled that it would not be an option and it would take way too long etc. I am glad this is an option LE are considering and/or presently pursuing genetic genealogy.

Edited: I tried to snip some of the post but for some reason, I couldn’t

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE December 7, 2022
CONTACT

Moscow Police Department, communications team, media line: (C) (208) 997-8701, (O) 208-883-7181

Moscow Police are Asking for the Community’s Help

MOSCOW, Idaho – Detectives are interested in speaking with the occupant(s) of a white 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantra, with an unknown license plate. Tips and leads have led investigators to look for additional information about a vehicle being in the immediate area of the King Street residence during the early morning hours of November 13th. Investigators believe the occupant(s) of this vehicle may have critical information to share regarding this case.
If you know of or own a vehicle matching this description, or know of anyone who may have been driving this vehicle on the days preceding or the day of the murders, please forward that information to the Tip Line.

I believe the last thread had a photo that showed the day time view which helped showed the lights in the windows of 1122 ,we probably need to put these two photos together in this thread, but the short is ,watch the windows and the lights . It does look like the murderer drove right up as the body footage was going .You see the head lights turn off.
Making the assumption that the murderer was in this car. I’m not so sure. Would a murderer use headlights if it was planned in advance?

1. Rumor Control
  • There has been extensive media interest regarding an incident at Taylor Avenue and Band Field on November 13, 2022, at 3:01 a.m. This incident was an alcohol offense which was addressed by the on-scene officer. This call is not related to the murder investigations. For further details regarding this incident, a Moscow Police Department Public Records Request can be submitted referencing incident number 22-MO9896.
Right. The call is unrelated, but the car (also unrelated to the call, but seen in the background of the responding location) might be.

It is oddly worded though, with the primary focus seemingly on the occupants, who they "are interested in speaking with." If you read between the lines you could easily infer that the car may be stolen. They almost threw "owner" in as an afterthought, and don't even indicate that they want to speak to them, just to get tips.

I think they're trying to nudge a parent whose kid might be driving a white Elantra belonging to the parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove