ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like if the police have good footage of the car they should release at least a still shot or two of it. There may be some identifying characteristics that are unique to it that others may recognize. Things that were either put there by the person who owns it and/or prior owners, or if it is a Canadian car there are oft-subtle differences between US-spec and Canadian-spec cars.

My opinion.

There are only about 160,000 of these white Elantras that were sold and that was 8-10 years ago. There won't be tens of thousands of them congregated in any specific place. And the seniors owning them can be eliminated pretty quickly, especially if they aren't living close by. JMO

Then what are they asking the public for? LE has way more resources for figuring out where these white Hyundais are registered.

We, the public, do not. It is a bit disturbing that LE thinks the general public will listen to the details. The impetus to people risking their lives by trying to stop or detain someone in an Elantra could be a concern.

I've broken the tips off of many knives. If you sharpen one frequently, the tips become weak. It the tip gets wedged between two hard spots and is twisted a bit or wobbled from side to side, the tip can break off. Even a chunk of the blade can break off. New knives or knives that are never used are more hardy. Older knives, especially ones used a lot are less hardy.

Little known observation. A lot of the people I know who use and carry knives on a regular basis sharpen after every use. I know I do.

I don’t think these are the types of knives in question at all and maybe the type of one it’s alleged LE asked the local store about is more likely culprit?

Prosecutor "We have the car"

Defence "There are 600000 Elantras in the country"

Prosecutor "We have the knife"

Defence "There are 11 million of these knives made"

What is the most mass produced sedan in the USA?

Imoo
it's true that a car and a knife - even similar ones - won't meet beyond a reasonable doubt, but honestly, they wouldn't even meet probable cause imo. There would have to be other evidence tying the defendant to the crime.

links that will come in handy:

probable cause. I.C.R. 4. Warrant - Summons - Determination of Probable Cause | Supreme Court

definition of first degree murder:

instructions to jury will be provided to the jury when they deliberate and all of the elements* m/b proven beyond a reasonable doubt.
*unless there is a specific exception allowed

If anyone knows of a mass murdered who went on to become a serial mass murderer, please speak up - it's gonna keep me awake tonight and I know some of you will know.
It has never been conclusively confirmed, but Dick Hickock and Perry Smith (the killers who slaughtered the Clutter family in In Cold Blood) have long been the prime suspects in another family mass murder (the Walkers in Florida a few weeks later). They strenuously denied involvement and recent DNA testing has been inconclusive, but the Florida police have said they still consider Hickock and Smith the most likely candidates for it.

I didn't say there would be.
When you wrote "Where I live there's literally tens of thousands still on the road in that year range", I understood that to mean that you thought that there were tens of thousands of them where you live. But this can't be the case. What did you mean?

I myself have thought either serial killer or spree killer. And this is only because to me it seems they would have caught the perp by now if it was someone within the victims' inner circle or orbit.
Is a spree different from a thrill?

This path?
Interesting. I found an approach someone might take. Put the address of the home in Google search, then select maps click on the street view. Then tap along the road to travel in the direction desired. Takes practice, distance wise. As well, note that if you tap too far in the distance the car you may want to view is not present. It's possible they turned into another street by the time the Google car arrived. You may zoom to enlarge the image of the car. You may lightly tap to view front side or back. Then take a screenshot and click on the square Google lense icon. A set of white frame may be sized to fit only the car. Then note in the search results the name of the car. Travel along the road searching for the white car in question. I would look for campus cars and travel the area if you are so inclined

I don’t think these are the types of knives in question at all and maybe the type of one it’s alleged LE asked the local store about is more likely culprit?
I have three combat knives in my collection. Two inherited from relatives. 1 USMC. It has a broken tip and is very well used. Very similar the the Kabar Red Spacer. Just my experience.

Did they keep the empty bedroom (second floor) locked?

Did Kaylee keep her unused bedroom locked?

I know so many scenarios have been speculated over and over, (so sorry if this has been asked already)but I don't remember hearing anything about the 2 empty rooms... and could he have been waiting in there until he thought everyone fell asleep?

Surely it must have been. Are LE maybe drip feeding strange information in order to bide time whilst processing forensic data on an identified likely perp? JMO MOO
Could you clarify for me, I saw an interview early on showing investigators on a slope near MM's room and a jacket on the ground. Tonight someone posted a picture by the fire hydrant. Which one are we talking about?

Many serial killers are also burglars. Many start out that way, sort of like a training ground. DeAngelo, before he became the Golden State Killer or the East Area Rapist, was the Visalia Ransacker - a burglar.

It is possible, perhaps even likely, this knife was stolen.

The other aspect is, every man and his dog has one, if reports in the media are led to be accurate and not a fiction

Its not a custom knife with unique features

Imo

It's not the killings that strike me as a particularly skilled feat. These people were sleeping and likely intoxicated, afterall. It's more the skill in doing it with stealth, with efficiency, without waking the neighbors, roommates, or victims in the next room of attack. He got in and out unseen and unheard, and apparently without leaving any obvious signs of who he is.

Taken as a whole, this does not look to me like any scorned lover, slighted admirer, fed-up neighbor or incel.

This is a dangerous man...

Just to point out, all those categories can be combined with ‘dangerous’ and I’m starting to think the perp might be one or two of them plus dangerous(ly insane).

I suspect the Elantra data can be reduced significantly.

If they (only) search for 2011-13 White Hyundai Elantra’s registered in 5 contiguous states, let’s say, that eliminates roughly 90% of the White Elantras in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia