ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New member here but I have been following Web Sleuths for a while. This is only my opinion-
I have been thinking now for awhile, what stands out to me in this crime is that in this present day and age with a advanced technology LE has access to, they have not been able to identify ANYTHING OR ANYONE who could have done such an heinous crime.so far. This is definitely odd.
Now in my opinion, its either that LE dont want to compromise the case because though they know the perp and they don't have the evidence to issue a warrant. Or my second theory is- what if the assailant never left the home? What if the murderer was one of the murdered? I know this sounds incredulous but did one of the deceased murder maybe 1 of the others and in the ensuing scuffle end up getting stabbed and did the other 2 end up being collateral damage?
If this is the case, that would explain why no one has any leads? I also think if LE are suspecting this, they are still gathering information to present to the legal system to make a convincing argument. I think something more went on in that house, and the 2 surviving roommates must know much more than the public has been led to believe. The behavior or actions of the 2 surviving room mates makes me wonder if they had a some idea of who did the crime, hence the 911 call saying that someone was 'unconscious".
Again this is only a theory and I don't know who, what or more importantly why

It crossed my mind what if it was murder followed by suicide? However, the murder weapon would still be at the scene of the crime unless someone removed it.

MY thoughts also. And the Dad is stroking the flames. This being said, wouldn't LE be have some legal way to demand the dad's silence.

I would hope that they try to resolve their issues internally. Any legal avenue LE may use will cause a greater rift with the families, foster greater mistrust and ultimately make LE look heavy handed and nasty.

Going from what Kaylee’s father said were the wounds on Kaylee, how strong of a person would it take to do that and then continue on to others?

It sounds like a very strong person although people with adrenaline coursing through the body do impossible things,

It seems like there is no way that there was not blood spattering .

How could anyone get out of the house without leaving anything. Even if he had booties, there still would be a trail.

He did not fly out.

And where did dogs follow the trail? They would have sources of the victims scent which the killer would have on him .

Was there snow out there? If he came down through the back hill, one would think he would leave some footprints somewhere.

Imo there's no doubt they have bloody footprints within the house, but LE keeping lots of things close to the chest.

New police update today. FBI agents are willing to go anywhere in the country, LE are getting overwhelmed with tips, they have way more information than they are telling us, and they want more than an arrest they want a conviction. No new information there for us everything we already knew. Sounds like a boat load of money being spent but still no reward which would likely yield the investigation better results.
Just wondering if you have data that indicates that a reward usually proves helpful in solving crimes, because almost everything I have read, and personal observation from years of following cases here, all seem to indicate that they are usually not helpful. They may well result in LE getting swamped with tips, the majority of which are like the witch hunt we see on social media sites..."My next door neighbor knows someone who lives in that town that thinks he saw a white car a few days after the murders. He drove by a car wash, so he was probably planning to clean up blood."

If and when LE may reach the point of feeling a reward would help the investigation, I am sure they will offer one. JMO

Last edited:
Cast off blood from the knife Could tell investigators a little bit. Right or left handed ,height of the suspect . I think if the murderers face and head was not covered he would have blood in his hair face ,pants leg. 4 people and a large knife. He had to wash up Or he/they had no fear of being seen because they lived close and KNEW they would not be seen.

I agree, Mr. G has every right to release some info to set the facts straight. And, keep the LE on their toes as well as the public interested by SM reports.
IMO, the killer(s) were male, why not release that fact by LE? I am sure they know the gender of the killer by now.
You go Mr. G!
What is the evidence that shows the killer is male?

You are correct. My mistake. He has a copy of the death certificate. Report says the death certificate had certain details describing injuries. SG says the wound was from her liver thru her lungs. Perhaps this is the difference he is referring to re Maddie's wounds. MO
That information would not be in the death certificate. It most likely has the date of death. The cause of death-stabbing or something similar. And manner of death- homicide. Literally that is all a death certificate says. Imo.

Just IME, "party house" doesn't mean that it is a house that hosts regular, set events. It's more that it's the default spot where a friend group and their social periphery starts or ends up, whatever else they may be doing. It's known in the circle that the people there have no problem with that, either personally or due to external factors like neighbors, lack of space, highly involved landlords, etc. There might be frequent loud music, groups of people outside, all the lights on, people walking to the back through other people's property, discarded drink containers along the way, loud and late conversations, etc. But not often specific occasions where 100 identified people were invited for a time and date.
Not to mention that the house sits in the middle of a veritable rental housing fishbowl. Countless EYES on the house…at any hour.

Many of us go to shooting experiences, that wasn't my point.

My point is that people who invest in a particular type of knife might like going someplace to handle it in public and to show it off. The way I do with the weaponry I possess - I do want to feel very comfort with these items while out of the house. The knife that the local merchants mention being asked about is fairly expensive- especially for a young person. It's entirely possible this perp bought the knife merely for this murder, but I'm guessing not.

People visit gun ranges to practice with guns (and gun ranges are used to LE stopping by to talk about recent visitors). Knife ranges or bow ranges - ditto.

Since knives seem to be less of a focus at this particular spot, hopefully someone carrying a "Rambo-style" knife (and yes, people do throw those at targets) might be worth having a conversation with - they may not be involved, but probably would notice others with the same equipment.

I also think this perp is watching the investigation very, very closely.
One of my sons is an avid outdoorsman. I asked him if he had a K Bar knife and he told me yes. He also said he doesn't use it anymore because when he lived in Montana he actually had a custom knife made. He was able to watch the whole process and custom design it. He carries it with him everywhere. He even uses it to cut his steak in restaurants! He is a retired LE lieutenant from a large Southern Metroplex. My point is that it's a tool for him. Cleans fish with it, skins deer, cuts rope if needed and cuts his steak. He is proud of it and it's a cherished tool...not a weapon. To kill was the intent here I think, and the weapon was chosen to inflict the most harm and fear to his victim(s). But what was the motive??? I can't imagine.

A
Two things on the LE release today.

The tips that came flooding in about the Elantra were in fact useful to LE and have led them to investigate new avenues concerning the vehicle. Sounds promising.

I also think there was possibly something, an incident, that happened at Sigma Chi that night, possibly into early morning...9pm to 1:45am. LE needs whatever details anyone can give about, "interactions, contacts, direction and method of travel, or anything abnormal" during that time period and with possible relation to Ethan an Xana to "add context to what occurred". Something occured out of the norm. AJMO

Link to the info I posted...

I have long thought something happened at Sigma Chi during the nebulous hours when X&E were supposedly there.
After all these weeks, this is where I have arrived as well. Moo.

That information would not be in the death certificate. It most likely has the date of death. The cause of death-stabbing or something similar. And manner of death- homicide. Literally that is all a death certificate says. Imo.
This is the link to the report my info came from.

Fox News … Hands were bagged!
I would think that is standard procedure in violent deaths, but it is nice to get confirmation, as so many people seem to think a small department would not have known what to do in such a case. While some have spoken perhaps when they should not have, e.g., the coroner and the prosecutor, I have been impressed with the Moscow PD. I think they have shown great dedication and professionalism throughout this case. JMO

A

After all these weeks, this is where I have arrived as well. Moo.
I have arrived at same conclusion. From day 1 of timelines being released... I recall that missing chunk of time but no one seemed too focused on it at first. A month later it appears to be gaining attention.

Thinking of all the possibilities in that fairly large chunk of time. I assume no communication in or out of their phones but am not sure if that has been addressed. I wonder if the two could have been passed out somewhere or taken somewhere against their will? That doesn't really make much sense even as I'm typing it.

just my own musings

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members