ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is from a very early interview on NBC News with K's mom, her sister A, and her aunt:

Interviewer: ... making calls as late as almost two o'clock
A: Yep
Interviewer: How do you know that?
A: So, she was on my mom's cell plan, so on Sunday I was able to pull those cell records
Interviewer: And you could see that she was calling somebody out...
A: Yep
Interviewer: Does it seem like they may have been involved or does it seem like they...
A: Nope, no not at all. Kaylee had no shame in kind of powercalling, so it fits Kaylee
K's mom: Yeah, and we know who she was calling and this person is, this person was asleep, unfortunately, was not getting the calls. And it was a few calls between, for half an hour she called him a couple times and, but, no, we do not believe she was calling him for help. We believe that she was just calling him to come over. If Kaylee was in imminent danger, her or Maddie, they would have called 911. They would not have been calling this person.
Interviewer: And that was at around two...
A: It started at around two thirty
K's mom: We believe the girls were just fine
Interviewer: So from those phone records it looks like the girls may have been alive around two thirty
K's mom: Two thirty is what, the last call?
A: No, the last call was shortly before three am.

I wonder if the killer somehow used tracking devices on the girls phones? That would also mean it was someone who had access to them, so maybe not.

or an Apple AirTag on their bag, purse, or car?

This is speculation. MPD has never stated or implied that the car had no plates.

Yes.

We knew this from when they first released info on the Elantra - they don’t know the plate number.

And a side view of the car on a Neighborhood Cam wouldn’t show the plates, but the Wheelcaps or covers would tip them to the year series 2011-2013.

MOO.

MOSCOW, Idaho – EXCLUSIVE: Detectives collected eight hours of surveillance videoTuesday morning from a gas station in Moscow where a clerk saw a white sedan passing by at 3:45 a.m. on the night of the unsolved stabbing deaths of four University of Idaho students, according store workers.

An overnight assistant manager told Fox News Digital that she's been reviewing the tapes a little bit at a time over the past few days, looking for clues in her downtime on the graveyard shift. She said she was not working on the night of the murders.

Monday night, she said, she reached the 3 o'clock hour and spotted the car. She said she took a picture of the screen and sent it to an email address police set up to receive tips.

"I had a weird feeling to go get on the cameras," she said, asking that her name not be publicized out of safety concerns as the suspect remains at large.

The car drove by "real quick," she said, and turned down a side street off Highway 8.

Last week, police said they were looking to speak with the occupants of a white Hyundai Elantra who may have information on the slayings of Madison Mogen, 21, Kaylee Goncalves, 21, Ethan Chapin, 20, and Xana Kernodle, 20. The three women lived together at the home and Chapin, who was dating Kernodle, spent the night over.

Police have said they believe anyone in the Elantra may have "critical information to share" in the case.
Just now seeing the news about the gas station sighting. IMO the fact that the Elantra was seen driving by “real quick” at 3:45am removes any doubt in my mind about the driver being a suspect. If police find the car, they’ll find the killer. MOO.

Yes.

We knew this from when they first released info on the Elantra - they don’t know the plate number.

And a side view of the car on a Neighborhood Cam wouldn’t show the plates, but the Wheelcaps or covers would tip them to the year series 2011-2013.

MOO.
They don’t know the plate, but that could be bc they can’t see it in video (if video exists) or the eyewitness(es) didn’t see it.

Just now seeing the news about the gas station sighting. IMO the fact that the Elantra was seen driving by “real quick” at 3:45am removes any doubt in my mind about the driver being a suspect. If police find the car, they’ll find the killer. MOO.
Agree, and I don’t think it was speeding TOWARDS the house as some are speculating, bc he wouldn’t want to draw unnecessary attention to himself. After the killings, he was likely totally pumped up on adrenaline and didn’t even realize.

Sorry had to skip ahead a few pages, but had a thought about the Hyundai…

All my own speculation, and I do think LE have worded the call out to this car to make it sound like they don’t think they’re involved in order to lure them out, however what if they are indeed only potential witnesses and the reason they haven’t come forward is because the reason for being parked someone at that time of night involved infidelity and coming forward would out that to their significant other? Just thinking out loud here, but they could’ve been parked in the car park behind the house with direct sight into the house possibly unbeknownst to them. Or they did indeed witness something but the potential fall out for admitting where they were is too big for them personally. We keep thinking with each day the driver doesn’t come forward, the more suspicious it looks in terms of being directly linked to the case, but maybe not.

Just a random thought because I do think from what LE has said that they believe there was more than 1 person in that car and I’m trying to think of ‘innocent’ reasons someone might be parked and remaining in their car late at night and not come forward - if they were parked that is, I realise we don’t know and this is all my own personal speculation. I’m not 100% on board with this myself, but just trying to throw out other possibilities as I haven’t seen anyone bring this up as a possibly explanation to the car situation (I also couldn’t missed it I’ll admit).

Last edited:
Just to clarify, I don't believe the police have made any statement saying that the car in the footage is the Elantra they are looking for.

This is an article from DailyMail that talks about the car speeding on White going West at 3:45 AM before turning down a side street.

Agree, and I don’t think it was speeding TOWARDS the house as some are speculating, bc he wouldn’t want to draw unnecessary attention to himself. After the killings, he was likely totally pumped up on adrenaline and didn’t even realize.

so if he's heading east on highway 8 and apparently turns into a mcdonalds or strip mall, why do you think he does that? Is it because he's so amped up he needs to get ahold of himself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiousXladybug99