ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that a murder overcome a fraternity loyalty oath- one would think. But also think that if a student knows who did this, that student might be terrified of being next if they ‘blab’. I’m hoping that once all the students leave for the holidays, more of them will start talking to police.

I am reminded though of the tragic death of a Clemson University student about seven years ago during what was a hazing accident, as far as we know. To this day none of those boys has spoken about what happened even though there were dozens of them there that night. That really really saddens me.
I agree, and that is just one example. Dysfunctional Group Think gets dangerous. I saw a video on the link below, it's obvious which line drew on a piece of paper is the longest, but if the paid actor was first to answer the opposite, others would follow with the same obviously false answer for group conformity.

What if someone close realised the knife in question belonged to them? Maybe had been stolen and they failed to report? Or that they had noticed it missing from somewhere or had even worse, lent it to the perpatrator?
There is no “fail to report” with a knife If you mean the mandatory kind.

IMHO this person (under this scenario) should realize they could be charged with a few different things if they continue to fail to report.

This isn’t directed at anyone in particular because I’ve seen multiple people express this opinion, but what exactly is Occam’s Razor in this case? No need for anyone to reply, especially because most theories may be against TOS! I just see people stating Occam’s Razor applies to this one and I am at a loss as to how the known facts can lead to (1) an obvious answer, which is what most people think Occam’s Razor is or (2), the answer with the simplest set of facts to lead you to a conclusion, the least mental gymnastics, which is what Occam’s Razor truly is.

I’m not saying that anyone’s theory based on an Occam’s Razor type situation is invalid though. Maybe I’m just jealous because I can’t even pare any theory down to “obvious” or “simple”! I don’t even have a theory actually.
Because "Occam's Razor" is a buzz phrase and sounds cool. It's the same as everyone callings perps "narcissists". Occam's razor doesn't imply that the simplest answer is the best, it states that when there are competing theories leading to the same conclusion, the theory which relies on the fewest assumptions is the preferable theory. The "simplest" theory may well make the most assumptions and would not be seen as preferable by Occam's Razor.

What's the best course of reasoning LE released their desire for a specific model of a vehicle approximately 2-weeks later? Whilst taking in to account there is (at least) a single Ring camera that leads into 1122 (information confirmed by Kaylee's sister) upon a single entrance leading to the home.

IMHO this person (under this scenario) should realize they could be charged with a few different things if they continue to fail to report.

I meant psychologically as opposed to a legal mandatory matter. Altho after the fact, letting people know would be urgent and now a legal issue.

I keep thinking what we're talking about here is very young adults who really have little worldly experience and must be absolutely mind blown and terrified. Anything they say or do, for now, in any context, could be in alignment with their own shock and traumatic stress response and fear.

If, for any reasons, these youngsters have been inducted into 'group think' and a dysfunctional hierarchical situation (akin to being inducted into a cult) which I personally view as being entirely possible, it will take a long time for them to be slowly walked back from that. They would effectively need separating, keeping safe, slowly detaching and 'deprogramming'.

Otherwise their loyalty and maybe fear is going to be insurmountable for possibly years to come.

I'm just throwing out ideas from afar - all my own opinion.

I don’t believe this is what happened, but in this hypothetical situation, I’m curious as to why the murderer would care about getting rid of the knife?

Not the murderer, others. For the reasons I'm raising (and ones I'm not LOL)

What's the best course of reasoning LE released their desire for a specific model of a vehicle approximately 2-weeks later? Whilst taking in to account there is (at least) a single Ring camera that leads into 1122 (information confirmed by Kaylee's sister) upon a single entrance leading to the home.
I think they’ve been hunting this car for a while with no results, hence finally releasing it to the public. IMO

They would be in a predicament though. How would you prove not you who used it. Their DNA would have been on knife from the get go. Right?

Yes! He is looking at it with an abundance of love and attention focused on his child. My dad would say the same: “oh, MY daughter was the best one, if someone had a crush on one, it would be MY daughter, My daughter is most interesting…” Of course, my dad would also be saying the opposite at the same tim: “My daughter is the kindest, sweetest,BEST, faultless! no one could want to hurt MY daughter.” His perspective is colored by his love for her.

i have long thought that the fact that LE keep wanting info on frat party and X&E whereabouts show the the police do not in fact think K was the main target. But of course, this is my opinion, and I don’t know.
Me too. I am thinking more and more the same thing regarding K. Something happened that night that turned into a powder keg.

Internet sleuths spot mystery group walking in background of bodycam footage two doors down from Idaho murder house just ten minutes before cops announced gruesome deaths of four students​

• A group of people could be spotted walking hurriedly past police near the home where four Idaho University students were slain
  • Bodycam footage of officers stopping three students for suspected drunk driving, revealed the group passing by in the background
  • The incident took place just moments before police suspect the murders took place, and only two houses down from the crime scene
  • Police have said bodycam videos hold no evidence in the case, but it remains unclear if they've identified and interviewed the group walking by
  • Little headway has been revealed in the case as a month has gone by without arrests, leading to rampant theories spreading on social media
Other than the group being potential witnesses, I don't think this is especially important. This is where the fraternities and off-campus apartments were. Numerous groups of college kids are probably heading home at 2:50 on a Saturday night. The bars close at 2, but they could have stopped off at the food truck. And who knows when the frat parties wrap up?

That's a lot of collateral.

Someone wanted them all dead is the simplest solution in my way of thinking based on what we know. JMO
Revenge for what? Surely it's more likely that a deeply disturbed man, fueled by misogynistic rage against women, harbored violent fantasies of killing some attractive young college girls. He didn't plan on a man being there and was forced to amend his plan when he encountered Ethan.

JMO

That's a lot of collateral.

Someone wanted them all dead is the simplest solution in my way of thinking based on what we know. JMO

Depending on their sexist views, if an enraged male perpetrator wanted a male enemy harmed or removed for whatever reason and they view women as less equal or not at all equal beings, the collateral damage would be far less, to them, and may have even been entirely incidental and not at all planned.

Could there be a bunch of people who are feeling ashamed and guilty of themselves because maybe they knowingly wound up a situation? Obv nobody in their right mind would imagine someone's going to slaughter a bunch of people but youngsters do perpetrate pack mentality bullying, malicious gossip, and some types of personalities love to triangulate and watch stuff go off with a bang
I think these are all valid points.

And in the scenario of a Greek related motive or Greek rage perpetrator, some of the young adults may well have these feelings.

But.... given the enormity of the crime and the fact that there would probably be more than say, three secret keepers, I think cracks would start to appear pretty fast in any group reluctance to talk.

As the cracks widened, secrets would be revealed. Maybe not directly. Rather, they could be revealed by anonymous tips, or direct statements similar to:

OK- "F" is a creeper and I uhmmm..... "heard it thought the grapevine" that he is known for behaviors "a" and "b". Anyways, I never liked "F" much- he violates the spirit of what we are. I heard that "F" trash talked victim "V" that night. You might want to check him out....

Other than the group being potential witnesses, I don't think this is especially important. This is where the fraternities and off-campus apartments were. Numerous groups of college kids are probably heading home at 2:50 on a Saturday night. The bars close at 2, but they could have stopped off at the food truck. And who knows when the frat parties wrap up?
why run if drunk on way home? also who wears bb hats on a sat nite out?

I think it was more in that someone may have seen something or someone and just didn't think it was important where it may be.

Revenge for what? Surely it's more likely that a deeply disturbed man, fueled by misogynistic rage against women, harbored violent fantasies of killing some attractive young college girls. He didn't plan on a man being there and was forced to amend his plan when he encountered Ethan.

JMO
I never said it was revenge, so I have no answer for you.

For all I know, someone took a serious disliking to them for whatever reason.

JMO

JMO

Or... did they feel enraged by their object of desire to the point of murder? Or did they feel enraged by their object of desire's boyfriend to the point of murder? Who they gona harm? That's mine, give it back. Or 'you have betrayed me I'm going to kill you'. Questions questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties