ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A reporter said Kaylee’s sister Alivea tracked down the Uber driver as she had found ring camera footage from a neighbour to verify that the Uber did drop Kaylee and Maddie off at home.

The interviewer is the one who said she tracked down the driver, but she uses different words. When I listen to her words, she only says she checked the neighbor's Ring camera. It makes me think she saw the dropoff on video, but there is probably no way for her to know it was an Uber vs. some other person's car.

Edit to add: I was wrong about her statement when I listened again.

Last edited:
Thanks for the article! Did you see where the coroner said “I don’t think I’ve had another death by stabbing,” she added.” They need to bring in a coroner with more experience if she has never done an autopsy on a stabbing victim. The defense will have a field day with her during trial.

Also someone needs to tell her to keep quiet!!
IMO, I would hope they bring in a Medical Examiner.

It could be that her sister assumed it was an Uber because Uber drivers use their own cars too, and maybe her sister did commonly use Uber, so it would be a logical conclusion to draw.

I wonder if what happened was the two ladies were planning on actually just walking home with their pasta but someone (maybe someone they knew?) pulled up next to them as they were walking and offered to just drive them home.

It sounds like the girls got a ride from someone other than a taxi or ride share-a friend, an acquaintance, a stranger, not anything that can be traced via app.

It’s very dark at 3am. How was the killer able to enter at least two bedrooms, find sleeping persons in bed, target and execute by specifically stabbing in the upper torso, without alerting others in the house? This wasn’t one kill. Four. Hard to hold a flashlight during this. Night vision goggles? That’s certainly planning and can narrow down individuals who own those things.

The interviewer is the one who said she tracked down the driver, but she uses different words. When I listen to her words, she only says she checked the neighbor's Ring camera. It makes me think she saw the dropoff on video, but there is probably no way for her to know it was an Uber vs. some other person's car.
Agreed. Just felt it was worth noting.

But manic on meth and premeditated targeted murder don't go together. One is messy and spontaneous and rooted in someone not being of sound mind and the other is someone planning and organizing.
Agreed. An actively using addict would have been way more sloppy and wouldn’t have been able to think of all the logistics to get in and out unseen and to stay that way. IMO

She said so she could verify the uber took her home.

I don't think it's a hobby. I think this is a serial killer who's killed in this manner before.
Why does serial killer come to mind? Isn't there only one incident here?

This was a horrific crime, but I have not heard of any other case connected to it. Nor have I heard about a bunch of unsolved (stabbing) cases, so what makes it seem "serial?"

Uber drivers use their personal vehicles and don’t use any sort of distinguishing light or sign. A sticker on the windshield or back window in the dark would be very hard to see IMO if it even had one.

Why does serial killer come to mind? Isn't there only one incident here?

This was a horrific crime, but I have not heard of any other case connected to it. Nor have I heard about a bunch of unsolved (stabbing) cases, so what makes it seem "serial?"
Maybe not "serial," but experienced (I hate to say that because it sounds so callous! - I'm sorry.)

It just seems like in a very short window of time, this person was very efficient.

I'm imagining someone who's killed with a knife before, who knew what to do and how to do it quickly, but hasn't been caught.

And killing 4 people doesn't sound like a 1st time choice.

JMO

IMO the killer had to have known the general area of where to stab a person to kill but might not have committed a murder before. A 22 year old was stabbed two blocks from my house last summer and died. He was at an air bnb party and stabbed three times with a kitchen knife by a stranger that was 18. two of the three stabs were deemed fatal stabs. the kid that stabbed him had no prior murder “experience” and didn’t bring the weapon to the house/it wasn’t his - he just took it from the kitchen. he didn’t have prior experience but clearly knew a longer knife stabbed into areas with major arteries would accomplish his plan. I agree with “what are the odds of someone getting this accurate with four people” but…the killer definitely knew the major arteries whether he killed before or not.
Off topic...Are you referring to Maximus Julian in Newport? That was a sad case, and a good reminder that stabbing can take very little skill.

IMO, I would hope they bring in a Medical Examiner.
They did. The autopsies were performed in Spokane County in Washington state and *Im assuming how autopsies are normally performed by a Medical Examiner.

I have lived on my own for many years as a young(ish) petite single female. I refuse to give up going on walks by myself, I don’t keep weapons in the house, I will not live in fear. I watch scary movies by myself at night. I trust strangers more than I should. Not much scares me. But this case…has me scared. It has me sweating at night. This attack is so brutal, so unexpected. I cannot imagine how the students must feel. I don’t read a ton of this thread because this is the one thread that sends chills down my spine. But I check in occasionally to see if someone was caught. Someone NEEDS to be caught. For everyone’s sake and safety.

All JMO….

Agreed. An actively using addict would have been way more sloppy and wouldn’t have been able to think of all the logistics to get in and out unseen and to stay that way. IMO
we do not really know how sloppy or tidy this scene was- got to wait for the forensics and see how they shake out

I managed to miss this.

Of the four University of Idaho students who were found stabbed to death in a rental house last Sunday, some were killed in their beds, the Latah County coroner told CBS News Friday.

Coroner Cathy Mabbutt would not provide any further details. She noted, however, that earlier media reports stating all four victims had been murdered in their beds were not accurate.

we do not really know how sloppy or tidy this scene was- got to wait for the forensics and see how they shake out
My use of the word sloppy in my mind is the fact there was no blood trail found outside. So they cleaned their shoes or even changed them. OP’s comment said ‘manic on meth.’ Mania does not equal the thought of changing your shoes after something like this, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990