ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t. I was awake til 4:30am the night just gone. Back on here after 3 hours sleep. You could say I’m consumed. Nothing compared to what these poor families are feeling though.
Please take care of yourself !

Agreed regarding the families. :(
Shock and grief , plus the fact that the killer is still roaming out there.

The confusing thing is… did neither of the four victims make any sort of noise or scream? Meaning that the two other girls would hear something? I have a hard time believing neither of them screamed during the attack, and that if they did scream that the roommates did not wake up.
IMO the other roommates may have gone out drinking possibly too? All I know is at that age we would go to parties, come home and essentially pass out. Not saying this happened (but its definitely possible) depending on level of intoxication, they possibly didn't wake up from the noise. That being said also, a long night of drinking can lead one to wake up late and that could be why the call came in late (although they did not make them themselves). Maybe someone had plans for a friend to meet them and they came in and saw the horror and called in 911.

Another thing. I was a 911 operator. IMO I would be curious if the person stated it was an unconscious person or if the 911 system coded it that way. Where I was there was a computer that prompted all of the questions and you would go through the questions and click the answers. If they did not get close enough to tell if they were breathing or not it could have determined they were unconscious because the person was scared or did not want to check if they were breathing or not. So many factors on that I would not dive too deep into the "unconcious" call unless we get the call to assess.

doesn’t this just seem odd to not look into further? Also skews the timeline a bit. Clearly these girls were not making a call to have an Uber on standpoint while they were ordering from the grub truck, looks as if they headed in A “party direction” if you look at where everyone else in The video who was partying” headed off to, it’s all to the left of that food truck. Sure, maybe ubers were waiting there, just definitely didn’t look like in the 15-20 mins the girls waited there that they made an attempt to reach an Uber.
Also, coroner places time of death between 2-3 am. If you watch the video, you’ll notice girls literally don’t leave food truck until 1:49am. If they took an Uber home immediately from that point, they’d get home at 2. If they walked, they’d get home at 2:15pm. Either point indicates the time they were killed, likely perp followed right behind they’re entry. So question is, who followed, or watched them make entry to the home and how?
Are you going by the time within an edited video clip? Is it possible that is not the time on the clock?

For clock time I calculated 1:52 am leaving the food truck (IMO, etc., etc.)

I managed to miss this.

Of the four University of Idaho students who were found stabbed to death in a rental house last Sunday, some were killed in their beds, the Latah County coroner told CBS News Friday.

Coroner Cathy Mabbutt would not provide any further details. She noted, however, that earlier media reports stating all four victims had been murdered in their beds were not accurate.

I think E was sleeping on the couch when someone entered from the kitchen sliding doors and was the first to be killed. I think he might have been watching TV or playing video games while X went to bed then fall asleep on the couch to be killed by the sp. Then the sp went up stairs and killed K and M who I still believe were the targets. Came back downstairs and was confronted by X by chance and that is where all the defensive wounds her father said she had from a struggle. JMO

All IMO

I agree with this - someone that knew her by interaction, and enough to know where her room would be from either living close or being there at a party. But I don’t think it was a friend of even acquaintance. While it may not have been a stalker specifically, I think it was someone that was obsessed with Kaylee. This was his last opportunity to ensure that she could not “leave” him. In his head, that meant killing her. I also do not think he initially intended to kill anyone outside of her but it didn’t go as planned.

24 hours ago, I would have never thought the killer was already in the house, but with the information, or lack thereof, I believe he was.

In my opinion, I think the following occurred.

-The perp saw the social media post that Kaylee was back in town and knew they we all going out.
-he uses that as an opportunity to get into the home, goes into Kaylee room at waits.
-they all come home, potentially hang out together and eventually Madison and Kaylee come up to bed. This is where his plan goes sideways.
-I believe as friends do when drunk and knowing this is one of the last college nights they’ll have together, lay in bed together, talk, call J, and eventually fall asleep in the same bed together.
-While he only had Kaylee in mind, this is last chance and he decides to kill both Madison and Kaylee. I would not be surprised if Kaylee had more stab wounds than the others.
-Xana and Ethan are asleep, but one or both are awaken by the noise (I believe Kaylee’s room is directly above).
-The killer needs to go through the kitchen to leave through the slider, and I thought Xana’s room was next to the kitchen. As he attempts to leave the premise, either Xana or Ethan is out of bed, with the door open looking out to see what is going on, and sees the killer.
-He then turns on that person, who I think is Xana and attacks her - thus the defense wounds reported by her father.
-I think he then turns on Ethan who would likely be trying to understand what is going on as he is drunkenly sleeping.
-He then exits the residence through the slider, quickly - this leaving it unlocked.

I’ve been wracking my brain about who could do this, and more importantly why. Serial killers, drug dealers, ex-boyfriends, random psycho, grudges, etc just don’t fit in my opinion. But in my opinion, a very obsessed individual, who knew her in passing but wasn’t a friend, had motive due to Kaylee leaving, and would explain the why most were killed in bed, with one with defensive wounds. And if most were killed in bed, it would significantly reduce the blood trail as he left through the sliding door.
I agree with a lot. Also, I don't believe a knife was used. Idaho murder victim's sister says she called man 7 times night of slayings: Report

I think that an Uber/Lyft IS a type of "private vehicle." I think they point is that they did not walk, ride a bike or scooter, and did not take public transportation, such as a bus.
I agree with this. I took the statement to mean they took a 3rd party vehicle home which could mean Uber. I could absolutely be wrong but as always, MOO.

I have followed this case as best I've been able, but RL has been quite busy.

I have a terrible gut feeling that this is going to turn out to be one of those bizarre cases that are never solved.

I sincerely hope I am wrong. Whoever killed those youngsters with their whole lives ahead of them needs to be punished.

Are you going by the time within an edited video clip? Is it possible that is not the time on the clock?

For clock time I calculated 1:52 am leaving the food truck (IMO, etc., etc.)
I don’t. I was awake til 4:30am the night just gone. Back on here after 3 hours sleep. You could say I’m consumed. Nothing compared to what these poor families are feeling though.
Same, not even close to location of murder (Ontario) and I’m going bat *advertiser censored* trying to figure anything and everything out I can to make sense of this only matter of time before this is some dramatized series on Netflix that completely <modsnip> the facts of the case. Let’s find this (s) before the families of these victims are forever scared by the consequences that come with an unsolved case!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t believe any of them killed four at one time.
Ted Bundy did, Richard Speck did.

Bundy snuck into a sorority house at 3 am---using a tree trunk as a weapon he bludgeoned 5 separate co-eds, one at a time. Killing two, critically injuring 3.

This case kind of reminds me of that one. He didn't target any of his victims----he hated all of them. JMO

How would her sister know who she called unless she actually called her.. .or had her cell phone? Doesn't make sense to me that the sister would know this unless tried to call her.
Maybe the sisters are on a family phone plan. When my kids were on our family plan, I could pull up the cell records on the computer and see the call logs for past 30 days.

Not only that, but they went as far as saying they “may have committed the crime.” I mean, maybe he meant no one can be ruled out and anyone could have done this, but they specifically said the hoodie guy is not a suspect or POI. So my jaw dropped when I saw this quote. That’s pretty harsh IMO.
I feel like a lot of these lapses in professionalism we are seeing can be partially explained by inexperience in working and covering crimes of this magnitude as well as inexperience in dealing with MSM at the national level and beyond. IMO

I agree. But there are lots of ribs and sternum in the way.

That's why they are hit more than once...I'm beginning to imagine the perp was in and out and gone within minutes..jmo
It takes roughly 200N of force to break through a rib, 120N to penetrate the cartilage when a sharp, strong blade is used. Dynamics of stab wounds: force required for penetration of various cadaveric human tissues - PubMed

1 newton = 1N = 0.10197 kg
120 N = 12.2364 kg
200 N = 20.394 kg
1 kg = 2.20462
120 N = 26.976 lb
200 N = 44.96 lb

That does not seem like it would be very difficult for someone to produce that much force using a downward motion on a supine victim.

IMO the other roommates may have gone out drinking possibly too? All I know is at that age we would go to parties, come home and essentially pass out. Not saying this happened (but its definitely possible) depending on level of intoxication, they possibly didn't wake up from the noise. That being said also, a long night of drinking can lead one to wake up late and that could be why the call came in late (although they did not make them themselves). Maybe someone had plans for a friend to meet them and they came in and saw the horror and called in 911.

Another thing. I was a 911 operator. IMO I would be curious if the person stated it was an unconscious person or if the 911 system coded it that way. Where I was there was a computer that prompted all of the questions and you would go through the questions and click the answers. If they did not get close enough to tell if they were breathing or not it could have determined they were unconscious because the person was scared or did not want to check if they were breathing or not. So many factors on that I would not dive too deep into the "unconcious" call unless we get the call to assess.
What is interesting to me is if law-enforcement is giving us just the initial call that was coded as unconscious even though it may have been updated before they arrived. You would think the 911 operator would have asked that person, the caller, to do CPR or evaluate if they were breathing. Wouldn’t you? And, at that point they would’ve recognized the blood and you would think it would become an OMG type of call then. Yet I think we’ve heard that officers found the bodies when they arrived. Did the killer make this call? Were they getting tired of waiting for the bodies to be found?

Maybe you can answer this question. If the caller was on the phone thinking that someone was unconscious and later discovers that they’ve been stabbed. Would the 911 operator ask them to step outside and leave the area or go search the house and look to see if the other roommates were OK?

I was under the impression that the guy hanging out around them at the food truck had possibly driven them home, and that he was the “private party” (as opposed to “rideshare”)
The comments trickling in have led me to believe that his car was seen on camera dropping them off and has since been cleared by LE.
Jmo

is this consuming anyone else? how do you pull yourself away?
You have to make a conscious choice to actively disengage - from WS, media, Google, etc. Try not to think about it too much. Try to check the news on it just once a day and limit yourself to no more than 20 minutes of reading the news. Try to depersonalize the victims (not dehumanize, just remind yourself that they were not people in your life). If you can do at least one of those things, it can really help. Sometimes following cases can take a serious toll on one’s mental health. If we see ourselves going down that path, it’s time to step away for a bit. Maybe longer than a bit in some instances. I’ve had as long as a year break from WS before.

The confusing thing is… did neither of the four victims make any sort of noise or scream? Meaning that the two other girls would hear something? I have a hard time believing neither of them screamed during the attack, and that if they did scream that the roommates did not wake up.
I have seen many comments where people seem to not really believe that the roommates could sleep through possible noises. I want to throw my side in as someone on the other spectrum.

In college, 6 of us rented a 5 bedroom house. It was ALWAYS a hive of activity, roommates in and out, friends, classmates, etc We all had different schedules plus part time jobs. Our doors were never locked. Neighborhoods full of student housing are never quiet, you get used to the background noise.

A few of us, on a normal day, could sleep through most anything. After a night of partying, sleeping in until 3pm was not uncommon. And even more unlikely that we would wake. I can say with certainty that I have slept through 5 people practicing drunk cartwheels on the hardwood floor directly under my poorly insulated bedroom. This was all in the mid 90's, prior to earbuds and TV's in every room.

MOO college kids sleep in often and that is not suspicious to the heavy sleepers out there.

I have been baffled by the statement yesterday by the Chief PD. He said, I paraphrase, they know it was a targeted attack by what was left behind at the scene. What could that be?
Something written in blood? Eek It’s why I earlier said I felt Manson murder vibes, but I didn’t want to type those words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966