ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
EXACTLY. This person somehow was able to stab 4 people and every one of their victims died. Stabbing is inexact - except when you have done it enough to be more exacting with it.

This just does not seem like this person's first murder(s) by knife. They have done it before.
He made a point though to deal a fatal blow by stabbing them in the chest or as the Coroner said… uhhh, upper torso.

Trying to catch up after a long week...not sure if it has already been posted but the pics with what looked like dripping blood on the back/side of the house were mentioned on Court TV this evening. The reporter said it was was blood. I have not had time to look around and see if LE has stated that but the Court TV reporter did say it was dripping blood. Sure looks like blood to me.
It looked like sap or glue to me.

What is interesting to me is if law-enforcement is giving us just the initial call that was coded as unconscious even though it may have been updated before they arrived. You would think the 911 operator would have asked that person, the caller, to do CPR or evaluate if they were breathing. Wouldn’t you? And, at that point they would’ve recognized the blood and you would think it would become an OMG type of call then. Yet I think we’ve heard that officers found the bodies when they arrived. Did the killer make this call? Were they getting tired of waiting for the bodies to be found?

Maybe you can answer this question. If the caller was on the phone thinking that someone was unconscious and later discovers that they’ve been stabbed. Would the 911 operator ask them to step outside and leave the area or go search the house and look to see if the other roommates were OK?
I have had calls where people were too freaked out to go check. Cant really make them go check either. One of the first questions asked is if they are conscious and breathing. Its been a few years, I don't think there was anything except for overdoses that would change the CPR being started or how it was done, but that may have changed and or this department could not use the same system. But yes, if they were to check and they were not breathing normally CPR would be started. Sorry just FYI, but a question that could make CPR not be an option would be if they were cold to the touch or stiff that would have them step away and wait. I dont think they would assume anyone was deceased until a medic was able to get there and confirm. Just my experience and opinion.

IMO this is a crime of high emotion.( repeated stabs) .. ex boyfriend.... wanna be boyfriend..... snuck in while they were drunk/passed out sleeping..... no defensive wounds ? ...... no robbed items ..(?)..... no sex assault.?.......killed them because he knew 1 of them .......IMO likely a male perp...... never found the other 2 students because they were not in that room ..and he may not have known how many were in the house but didnt look ....why didnt he look ... because he knew the one he wanted .... IMO .... one was the target and the others were potential witnesses.... the phone messages are key..!!!...Or due to the homeless population there was an unmedicated individual who thought he was seeing monsters.....IMO The police know who the repeat homeless are....Parents need to arm their kids with doorknob alarms, vibration window sensors, and wisdom and street smarts. My heart is broken for the parents.

New info that Xana had visiting boyfriend. Who was interested in Xana ? Who saw a boyfriend arrive on the scene and became enraged ? Who was at the party that Xana went to .?

Last edited:
New information from the police is that the roommates were not involved and are cooperating, and neither is the man seen with them at the food truck believed to be involved. Also, clarification that Ethan Chapin did not live there but was visiting Xana, his girlfriend. And that all victims were thought to have been asleep when murdered.

I have been baffled by the statement yesterday by the Chief PD. He said, I paraphrase, they know it was a targeted attack by what was left behind at the scene. What could that be?
Maybe electronics and other valuables were left out in the open untouched?

Maybe one or two of their phones were missing?
What makes you think the man followed KG and MM from a bar?
I’m not OP! But I got that feeling as well because the girls had been out drinking and were intoxicated in the footage at the food truck. They didn’t seem to interact with him, like they didn’t really know him well at all but they definitely all came and went at the same time. Jmo

I agree with this. I took the statement to mean they took a 3rd party vehicle home which could mean Uber. I could absolutely be wrong but as always, MOO.

Curiously, their previous statement specifically said Uber and they took that out: LINK
Kaylee and Madison were seen on video at a local food vendor called the “Grub Truck” at 318 S. Main Street and used Uber from downtown to arrive at their 1122 King Road residence at 1:45 a.m.

So does that leave us with other 3rd party services? Or a friend? Or other random ride home? Or they just don't have evidence it was Uber and they are being conservative until they know for sure.

Current statement reads as follows:
"Kaylee and Madison were seen on video at a local food vendor called the “Grub Truck” at 318 S. Main Street and used a private party for a ride home from downtown to arrive at their 1122 King Road residence at 1:45 a.m."

What is interesting to me is if law-enforcement is giving us just the initial call that was coded as unconscious even though it may have been updated before they arrived. You would think the 911 operator would have asked that person, the caller, to do CPR or evaluate if they were breathing. Wouldn’t you? And, at that point they would’ve recognized the blood and you would think it would become an OMG type of call then. Yet I think we’ve heard that officers found the bodies when they arrived. Did the killer make this call? Were they getting tired of waiting for the bodies to be found?

Maybe you can answer this question. If the caller was on the phone thinking that someone was unconscious and later discovers that they’ve been stabbed. Would the 911 operator ask them to step outside and leave the area or go search the house and look to see if the other roommates were OK?
I could see the killer lying in wait nearby, wanting to see the fear and disgust his actions caused once they were discovered. If he had an exit strategy, it could be that he was beginning to fear he would miss the chance to both witness the initial reactions and slip away unnoticed, so he made the call himself. The caller might have actually described an unconscious individual; that would warrant a police welfare check to speed up the discovery without giving any hint of the horror about to be discovered. Just my opinion.

I think they are saying it was not Lyft or Uber. I suspect the driver called the police as soon as he heard about the murders, they talked to him, cleared him, and they just assumed he was with uber.
I highly doubt this would be the case. They’d want the info from the app for sure

From DailyMail, "Police in Idaho are hunting for the person who gave two of the four murdered students a ride home shortly before they were killed"

I am beyond confused. I could've sworn that Kaylee's sister said in her interview that the driver that dropped them off was vetted. Am I missing something?

Reasons to call J, IMO, theories only:

1. You're drunk and it seems funny to deluge him with calls.

2. You're *really* drunk, you're not okay, and you're the kind that freaks out when you're that far gone. I had a friend like this in undergrad. Your friend tries to call to explain, you start calling again, but you pass out or something happens.

3. There is someone there being annoying that J is closer friends with. You don't consider it a 9-1-1 situation because you don't think of that person as dangerous, but you want them gone so you can eat and pass out, and you think J can talk to the person, maybe come get them, etc.

I have seen many comments where people seem to not really believe that the roommates could sleep through possible noises. I want to throw my side in as someone on the other spectrum.

In college, 6 of us rented a 5 bedroom house. It was ALWAYS a hive of activity, roommates in and out, friends, classmates, etc We all had different schedules plus part time jobs. Our doors were never locked. Neighborhoods full of student housing are never quiet, you get used to the background noise.

A few of us, on a normal day, could sleep through most anything. After a night of partying, sleeping in until 3pm was not uncommon. And even more unlikely that we would wake. I can say with certainty that I have slept through 5 people practicing drunk cartwheels on the hardwood floor directly under my poorly insulated bedroom. This was all in the mid 90's, prior to earbuds and TV's in every room.

MOO college kids sleep in often and that is not suspicious to the heavy sleepers out there.
I agree. I literally "sleep like the dead". I always have. Even when my kids were little, they went to wake up their Dad first! He was always the one getting them at night.

Ever since the Jayme Clossen kidnapping, I just can't figure out anything. The kidnapper was a random incel, who lived in a basement. He had zero connections to the family, no previous crimes. If Jayme hadn't escaped, she would have never been found.

So, as much as we want this tied up, neatly in a box, know that there is someone out there, who killed four people, stabbed them to death. And walked out of the house. No one has a clue who did it...

From DailyMail, "Police in Idaho are hunting for the person who gave two of the four murdered students a ride home shortly before they were killed"

I am beyond confused. I could've sworn that Kaylee's sister said in her interview that the driver that dropped them off was vetted. Am I missing something?

The Uber driver was - but is the DM referring to when Ethan and Xana were dropped off?

(Disregard - I read the article and I see it’s specific to K and M)

New information from the police is that the roommates were not involved and are cooperating, and neither is the man seen with them at the food truck believed to be involved. Also, clarification that Ethan Chapin did not live there but was visiting Xana, his girlfriend. And that all victims were thought to have been asleep when murdered.

This is good info. The police have said that the room mates & the man seen with them at the food truck were NOT involved.

Something written in blood? Eek It’s why I earlier said I felt Manson murder vibes, but I didn’t want to type those words.
This was actually my first thought after I read the fact that something was left at the scene that pointed to this being targeted. I didn't want to mention it because it's so awful and maybe too out there.

But the fact that one officer needed time off and others are being offered counseling tells me that this crime was particularly savage, (as if 4 stabbed young people is not enough), with something extra awful being a component here. Wasn't it reported there was even blood splatter on the ceiling?

So so tragic and senseless ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members