ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I correct that you believe the image captured places the car where I have placed the red X in my image below heading S/E towards the McDonalds? If so, what are your thoughts on the side street the car supposedly turned down?

I’m not disagreeing just trying to get my bearings right and I can’t find a side street that I would think would be within the cameras reach if the car was on Troy heading South-East.
Looks to me like the car is headed west

There are only three private drives/ parking lots in the direction the car is heading before it reaches Troy Road.
None of them appear to be side-streets. I think the car is on a side street- White Ave.
It looks like the reporter may have worded the article incorrectly, as it doesn’t make sense in relation to the photo- or the person interviewed wasn’t looking at the photo or remembering accurately.

JMO

Last edited:
At great benefit to society. Especially the parents of these four young adults. The pros far outweigh the negatives. JMHO

Plenty of research shows that unfortunately it doesn't prevent 'spontaneous' crimes.
(Works well on car theft & against 'professional' criminals especially if there are no closed loops aka blind spots)

If you're talking about the white car at the end of the road on Hanson Ave, then I also thought it might be an Elantra parked behind a truck, but about a half hour later I was able to look at the rear of the car and read the word "Altima" and saw what looked like a Nissan logo. I also saw another white car on Hanson Ave, but couldn't tell what the make and model were, as it only shows up momentarily when you are near the intersection with White Ave on Google Maps street view.
Why is there an assumption that the car turned from Hanson onto White?
Is there evidence of this somewhere?

JMO

Could someone summarize this part of the Abrams Law and Crime article that was posted on here...I just don't get what it is trying to say!
"
An image of the car, from the footage, can be seen reflected onto an image of a cellular phone and shows a white car driving at night – clearly denoted by its strong and visible headlights."

It's the part about the image of a cell phone. How is a cell phone involved..?
Someone took a picture of the gas station video footage on a screen using their cell phone, you can see the reflection of the cell phone and their fingers in the still shot

JMO

While all people are capable of anger, jealousy, hurt, despair, few among us would obsess such emotions into justification for physical harm, much less a horrific murder or four
I cannot imagine how a person could reach a justification

At a month out this doesn’t strike me as disorganized or reactive
It strikes me as organized, obsessed, planned
Maybe thrill of the game/ hunt of prey?

JMO
I am leaning this way as well.

I wonder if a coverup could be plausible though? In other words, I think collage, money, frat, possibly high powered people’s kids (I’m speculating), etc. Could be be in the midst of some kind of collage cover up?

I know this town and layout of the house better than my own lol. Is it possible the image is reversed and he went east leaving 1122 through styner to white? If hes leaving 1122 at 345am this route is nuts. Looks like hes lost unless he went south on purpose perhaps to dispose of evidence. Any public bathrooms nearby to 802?
I thought the same thing regarding the image being reversed, but then we would be seeing the passenger side of the car and they would be driving on the wrong side of the road

It seems clear to me the car is driving west, and likely not an Elantra
I would be surprised if this was related, probably more than two small white sedans driving around at night in Moscow, ID
JMO

Someone took a picture of the gas station video footage on a screen using their cell phone, you can see the reflection of the cell phone and their fingers in the still shot

JMO
I don't understand why they didn't turn over the footage themselves. the police asked everyone to turn over the footage? Instead of blaming the police, I would rather ask why the people didn't do what they were asked to do? They are mad that cctv footage is already deleted but they should have submitted it straight away

1671016045814.png

@gliving alerted me about a post of mine from November 19, before the white car was mentioned:

Now, if it is an Elantra, whether that is or is not the “actual” car, what a crazy coincidence. More importantly, say it IS the car, this would be straight out of Austin Reed Sigg, the perp who killed little Jessica Ridgeway: He returned to the area where the cops were searching, in his vehicle, and drove around filming the cops searching and even posted it on YouTube.

Is this the same type of car?????
I have pretty much stayed out of the whole car discussion. But I'm noticing that a whole bunch of people are posting pictures of cars that, even at more than a passing glance, look strikingly similar to a 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantra.

This has got me thinking (always dangerous). The specificity with which MPD has requested info on...

Could they be working backwards?

In other words, it is leading me to believe that they have a specific POI in mind, who is known to drive this car, that they are seeking help in finding.

Plenty of research shows that unfortunately it doesn't prevent 'spontaneous' crimes.
(Works well on car theft & against 'professional' criminals especially if there are no closed loops aka blind spots)
In this conversation about CCTV in public places- I’m the wrong person to ask.
Business owners to protect their own property, I get that

No, I’m not ready for CCTV everywhere I go
Put more cop boots on the ground, let them deter crime, help people, build relationships rather than distant inhuman cameras to get the evil on video for prosecution

Maybe increase consequences, do better with rehab, promote vocational ed and job skills

Yes, I’m that optimistic that most of humanity can behave if we invest in people so we all are more mentally healthy

JMO

Last edited:
I don't understand why they didn't turn over the footage themselves. the police asked everyone to turn over the footage? Instead of blaming the police, I would rather ask why the people didn't do what they were asked to do? They are mad that cctv footage is already deleted but they should have submitted it straight away

View attachment 387416

PD gave specific locations of where they were interested and that 1 square mile was south of Taylor and most all of it south of the house

My guess is people assumed PD was onto something to have those limits, this footage was not in that area of interest so most would think it wasn’t related

Problem is the 1 square mile south of the house to hwy 95 is residential, so that to me meant Ring cameras looking for foot traffic and not likely a driver, but local
If considering a driver you would ask for gas stations in whole of Moscow- how many can their be?

JMO

Last edited:
They want video from between 3-6 AM. I haven't found a police release that mentioned 3-4 AM.

"Detectives are seeking all outside surveillance video taken from 3 a.m. to 6 a.m. on Sunday, November 13th, from businesses and residences within the geographical area listed below. Detectives request all available videos – whether there appears to be motion and content or not.
• West Taylor Ave (north boundary)
• West Palouse River Dr (south boundary)
• Highway 95 south to the 2700 block of Highway 95 S (east boundary)
• Arboretum & Botanical Garden (west boundary)"

I assumed the 3 to 4am window was because “they” surmise this would be the opportune time to commit the murders while the world sleeps and under the cover of darkness. I don’t think anything official has come out by way of timing. I wonder how long the murders took to complete.

And my thinking is just the opposite. IMO, bag up the bloody clothes, knife or whatever and then dump it in a dumpster a dozen miles from the crime scene. Preferably one that's fairly full of messy stuff - restaurant maybe - and that you know will be emptied soon. Even better if the trash goes to an incinerator rather than a landfill. No way I'm bringing evidence back to my house.
An old abandoned rural well would be a perfect place to dump clothes, hard to even know it was there, very difficult to retrieve

Not the weapon, I think this perp kept the bloody knife as it is an extension of themselves in a sense and holds too much meaning and ability to take them back to that night

JMO

I assumed the 3 to 4am window was because “they” surmise this would be the opportune time to commit the murders while the world sleeps and under the cover of darkness. I don’t think anything official has come out by way of timing. I wonder how long the murders took to complete.
Sunrise wasn't until 6:47AM on Nov 13, 2022 in Moscow, ID Time and Date
Why give window of 3-6AM or even have an end time earlier than dawn?

Did some event happen that gave PD info to truncate the time range?
- garbage pickup
- someone arrives home from night shift
- bus route
- cop circulated through the area

JMO

I thought they were after sightings/CCtv/camera footage of car - before and up to incident not after. MOO

So thats maybe why they are not looking at Businesses camera footage after this took place.

So when people were asking why LE didn't go looking for CCTV footage earlier.

They actually want it for the period before the incident moreso. MOO

I thought they were after sightings/CCtv/camera footage of car - before and up to incident not after. MOO

So thats maybe why they are not looking at Businesses camera footage after this took place.

So when people were asking why LE didn't go looking for CCTV footage earlier.

They actually want it for the period before the incident moreso. MOO

If the perp does not live closeby then any footage of person on foot or car in the wee hours of that night or any previous night could be related
This appears planned, so they would go there many times to scope it out prior to the event
Why limit to 3AM- perp may have scoped it out at 1AM on a prior night, the reason for this event after 3AM on Nov 13 was the actions of the girls who had just arrived home and were settling for bed

What time did the house settle on previous nights
Fri night?
Previous weekend night when intoxicated?
Weekday nights?

I think the perp that plans would know what typically happened in this area and in this house in many situations to choose the wee hours on this night

JMO

PD gave specific locations of where they were interested and that 1 square mile was south of Taylor and most all of it south of the house

My guess is people assumed PD was onto something to have those limits, this footage was not in that area of interest so most would think it wasn’t related

JMO

in that Mail link, the anonymous gas station attendant says that this is the second time LE have been to her gas station

'She added that Tuesday morning actually marked the second time police have been by the Mobil station to look at the video.'

unfortunately she/article doesn't specify the first occasion - could be days or even weeks ago that they were interested in this route

WIFI & PING
These days almost everyone has wifi in their home.
Assuming they did, as soon as anyone comes home with a pingable device (watch, phone), it would connect and ping.
Those events register in the router. So wouldn't they know exact times that everyone came home?
Or am I mistaken about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member