ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Considering all the true crime stories I have listened to my money is on a person who came to the house for one thing. It was going to be sexual assault and possible murder from a stalker who had been eyeing one girl. He entered the house on wrong floor and ran into very drunk boy and girl and didn’t want to be spotted so he got them first. He went to next floor and was surprised at her being in same bed with other girl. They were very drunk and disoriented and he had to viciously and wildly swing at both. He didn’t go to other floor of the two survivors because he had already found the one he was stalking. DNA will lead the police to catch him I think from another attempted crime he will commit or has already committed. We lost a very popular news anchor here years ago and this is exactly what happened. They will catch him in next few weeks I think.
What case with the news anchor are you referring to?

I assumed the 3 to 4am window was because “they” surmise this would be the opportune time to commit the murders while the world sleeps and under the cover of darkness. I don’t think anything official has come out by way of timing. I wonder how long the murders took to complete.
I think the 3:00 to 4:00 time frame is based on the time of death. The bodies were only 8 or 9 hours old when found. Body temperature goes down about 1.5 degrees per hour after death, until it becomes the same temp as the environment, which in this case is a heated room. So the first indication, imo, would be the difference between their body temperatures and that in the room.

Also, rigor begins about 1-6 hours after death, beginning in the small muscles such as the face, neck and hands, then spreads out to the larger muscles. Full rigor can take up to 24 hours. So based on the stage of rigor and lividity, (blood pooling) I they know the approximate time of death.

Two of the victims also ate just before the murders, and all of them likely had something to eat at one point that evening.

I don't think they had a problem narrowing down the TOD. It's nearly impossible to narrow it down to an exact time. IMO

While all people are capable of anger, jealousy, hurt, despair, few among us would obsess such emotions into justification for physical harm, much less a horrific murder or four
I cannot imagine how a person could reach a justification for murder.

At a month out this doesn’t strike me as disorganized or reactive
It strikes me as organized, obsessed, planned
Maybe thrill of the game/ hunt of prey?

If we take out the reality of the pain and suffering, aren’t we all in True Crime for the intellectual stimulation, problem solving, motivated by frustration and anger toward perps, sense of justice, and need to feel safe in our own homes and lives?

Twist that backwards and you get thrill of the game/ hunter of prey seeking justice

JMO
Hatred, revenge and an opportunity to fill people's mids with terror - an advertisement if you will to keep people in line who may had dealings for whatever reason with possibly unknown, but definiutely scary person(s) (JMO)

It’s interesting, I was wondering the same thing. Assuming the person had a phone on them I guess. I actually cannot find the answer! I searched a few things like “someone broke into my home, will my wifi detect them.” And I just can’t really find an answer. I wonder if the wifi can detect someone even if they don’t connect? Like when I have people over and none of them are connected, will my wifi / router be able to have their data? Or possibly it would just be whatever cell tower is closest because they aren’t connected.
I could see the issue because when I look at my wifi I can see like a dozen others that I could potentially connect to around me. Maybe that’s the issue, is it’s not as accurate as we would think?
Interesting to think about!

It’s interesting, I was wondering the same thing. Assuming the person had a phone on them I guess. I actually cannot find the answer! I searched a few things like “someone broke into my home, will my wifi detect them.” And I just can’t really find an answer. I wonder if the wifi can detect someone even if they don’t connect? Like when I have people over and none of them are connected, will my wifi / router be able to have their data? Or possibly it would just be whatever cell tower is closest because they aren’t connected.
I could see the issue because when I look at my wifi I can see like a dozen others that I could potentially connect to around me. Maybe that’s the issue, is it’s not as accurate as we would think?
Interesting to think about!
I think it depends on settings on both ends
Phone- could be set to use Cellular and connect only to some WiFi, or not use Cellular for Apps if it can connect to Wifi

Wifi- would have password protection, but maybe the router still collects attempts to connect that don’t have correct password?

Not sure, but interesting questions!
JMO

in that Mail link, the anonymous gas station attendant says that this is the second time LE have been to her gas station

'She added that Tuesday morning actually marked the second time police have been by the Mobil station to look at the video.'

unfortunately she/article doesn't specify the first occasion - could be days or even weeks ago that they were interested in this route

As far as LE previously looking at the gas station video- they either missed it or saw it ( white car) if missed-LE may have (MAY) looked at that video BEFORE the white car alert tip came in ---but with the desolate no traffic photo posted from today at 4am of same intersection - how did they miss any car?---or did they catch the white car and then alert the public to be on look out from seeing it on the video the first time? Maybe the later imo-and the clerk sold the video to DM?

Jill Dando maybe.
But the guy convicted was subsequently exonerated.

With all due respect, there are plenty of 2011-2013 trucks and SUV's that are cheaper than the Elantra that's the same age as the one the police are looking for
No, there really aren't. Trucks and SUV's of similar years and condition are ALWAYS going to be more expensive then entry level sedans. Especially in an area that gets snow and poor road conditions.

Two thoughts ‘The wounds were very different’. ‘The knife would have been slippery - maybe multiple knives used?

- could someone let me know or post a link to the time of the final call (10th after M?

MOO. If this car is the car, could it be trying to avoid traffic cameras? I remember a post from last night, someone said that it was farmland in the direction the car would be going, could the killer be going that way to dispose/hide evidence? Again, JMO.

As far as LE previously looking at the gas station video- they either missed it or saw it ( white car) if missed-LE may have (MAY) looked at that video BEFORE the white car alert tip came in ---but with the desolate no traffic photo posted from today at 4am of same intersection - how did they miss any car?---or did they catch the white car and then alert the public to be on look out from seeing it on the video the first time? Maybe the later imo-and the clerk sold the video to DM?
IDK
Because the reporter doesn't ask her ' When did they last come in to look at the video?' it's hard to be sure what she means. Did they attend Monday after she alerted them but before she told Fox News.Tuesday?
Did they attend 4 weeks ago? Reporter doesn't ask her.

Anyway since they first got the Hyundai lead & put out an appeal for more info on that - all the cam footage they have collected over the last 4 weeks can be screened using AI and Video Synopsis tech. ISP may not have the tech but FBI is bound to have it. ( You don't need a license plate to get the tech to search for white Hyundai E's across hundreds of hours of footage from scores of cam sources, Moscow to Troy to Pullman 13th-14th Nov, wherever you want to work outwards from. But yes you need the footage. )

It's not like the old days or a low-profile crime case where an officer is tied up for hours manually working thru tedious footage looking for one item of interest

I had doubts, too, but law enforcement seems to be really taking this seriously.
If you look at the details the rear window stretches past the front of the rear tire and also has a sporty kick up at the end but it’s small and the angle doesn’t match to me. Also the taillights protrude and are not flush as in an Elantra.

Someone earlier in the thread claimed that the person or persons in the Hyundai might not know to come forward because it’s not being talked about nationally.

With all due respect to that poster. You’re fee to express your view. Now I am going to express mine.

That’s just makes no sense. I live in a different state and I’ve seen all the cable news networks fox,cnn,msnbc etc talk about this Idaho murder case every day since it has happened. My local news stations briefly talks about these murders when there’s an update, my local stations have had various shows dedicated to talking about these Idaho murders like the dr. Phil show. My local papers have talked about these Idaho murders almost every day maybe not front page but it still there. Youtube has constant videos that pop up about these Idaho murders. Then you have all the social media like Twitter, Facebook etc. that talks about these Idaho murders with new posts and videos. In addition Facebook even has a message board dedicated to the Idaho murders. I mean the internet in general that brings up all the hottest new stories including the Idaho murders

So unless that person and or persons in the white Hyundai are living under a rock; that person or persons know they are being called upon to come forward.

At first I thought this could just be an innocent witness who may have saw some important things about what they saw on Nov 13 driving near the murder scene. However, I am now leaning toward this being the killer and or killers being in this white Hyundai seen near the murder scene since it been 7 or 8 days since these news bulletins have been put out and they have not come forward. JMO!
If you were a killer, would you come forward?

Car idiot here! Wouldn't a 2011-13 car have not-original tires? Also, is it common in a high-snowfall area like northern Idaho for people to have snow tires?
Depends on vehicle owners driving needs for mileage. Snow tires are common for some vehicles and their owners while some people get by without snow tires for multitude of reasons (4 wheel drive or better tires or driving skill for example)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0