ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if it takes 8 hours to call 911 you could probably bleed out from a bloody nose. The coroner said she doesn't expect any insight from the toxicology reports.

"They can be related to cause or manner of death, but they are not in this case," Cathy Mabbutt said of the tests that determine whether alcohol or drugs were in a person's system when they died. She added that the results are unlikely to offer any new clues for investigators.

Source
I have to say, this makes little sense to me (not the bloody nose part, that I agree with). If toxicology reports showed something in their system that was not in evidence anywhere in the home and could not be accounted for in their known wanderings (like alcohol is accounted for), then it could offer a clue. Maybe not cause or manner of death, but other clues that could point to something odd happening in the Corner Club, or something odd being in the food they got. Not that I think that is the case, but I am not impressed with the things Cathy Mabbutt says a lot of the time. It often sounds like she has some idea in her head without any basis in fact (at the time she says it) and states it as if it is an irrefutable fact. This does not leave room for actual investigation if your mind is closed to any other possibility than what you "believe" to be unlikely. JMO.

I’m over the Elantra. If someone knows who it belongs to, great, please contact LE. I have no idea if the gas station footage means anything, but I’m not overanalyzing routes based on that possibility. If it’s real, LE will handle. That footage of people running near Band Field also means nothing to me, until LE says it is. Spin in circles time, it seems.

I would tend to agree, but I feel like SG’s actions and constant publicity is making LE spend more time on PR than reviewing evidence and working the case. I know that he’s immeasurably hurt and angry, but I truly believe LE including local and federal is doing the work to solve this. And I also believe they WILL solve this.

I am disappointed that the family attorney immediately did an interview to tout to the public about how hard he was on local LE during their meeting. That makes me not trust their angle on this. Are they gearing up for a lawsuit? Why not give these professionals some time to work the case. This is not CSI with immediate results. Intertwined DNA is going to take time to isolate and without a match in a database, good old investigative work will have to be solid to find a suspect and have enough to prosecute.

I mean no disservice to SG. He’s suffering.
I agree. I know he is upset but filing suit is not the answer. All it’s going to do is take up time and resources fighting that which could be used to solve this crime.

I’m over the Elantra. If someone knows who it belongs to, great, please contact LE. I have no idea if the gas station footage means anything, but I’m not overanalyzing routes based on that possibility. If it’s real, LE will handle. That footage of people running near Band Field also means nothing to me, until LE says it is. Spin in circles time, it seems.
Agreed. From all accounts this killer is a dedicated planner. Methodical in thinking and practice. I doubt he would leave something as critical as his escape after the crime was committed to simply toss caution to the wind and fly by the seat of his pants. No. He’s type A. (tightly wound, AAI, and most likely hiding in plain sight). Again, JMOHO.

While we are talking about the car, I'm gonna bring up something pretty far fetched. If this was a planned thing, what if the car was wrapped? What if it isn't actually white. What if after the murders the killer simply removed the wrap and the car went back to it's original color? Okay I know it's absurd, but everything else is being thrown out, so why not this.

LE cleared the person who I think is responsible. Actually at the first presser they said he is cleared. IMO in a crime of this magnitude LE should not clear potential suspects at a press conference so early in the investigation. It must be someone else I guess. I just can't find any suspects that match the known evidence.
Just curious why you don’t think LE should clear potential suspects early on. Clearing them isn’t set in stone and there could be a psychological angle to it - someone who is cleared could get cocky

MOO

ETA: AFAIK LE hasn’t said anyone was “cleared” just that atm, they don’t believe certain people are involved in the crime

I agree. MOO. I think they have unknown DNA or will soon. It would be very difficult to commit a crime like this and not leave it behind even if you were prepared. I think perp (s) are lawyered up and they will need probably cause search warrants to obtain DNA and other evidence. MOO is that Elantra drivers may be accomplices if they find them, they will crack. I see multiple arrests by the first of the year and a scandal for the Greek system at UI and maybe nationwide. moo
Why would they Lawyer up if still on the loose?

LE really needs to step up the case now- this is the second time this week that internet sleuths have brought forward evidence that seems to be have been 'missed' by LE.
The first instance being the individuals walking hurriedly in the background in the bodycam footage and the second instance being the gas station CCTV footage.
It is not really encouraging to think that LE have not picked up on this evidence already. Instead they put out an article stating that they want to ' crack down in the wild rumors brought by internet sleuths'.
How do you possibly know what footage LE has or doesn’t have?! They could have known about the background bodycam footage and they could have footage of the white car in that general location. We just don’t know.

I agree. MOO. I think they have unknown DNA or will soon. It would be very difficult to commit a crime like this and not leave it behind even if you were prepared. I think perp (s) are lawyered up and they will need probably cause search warrants to obtain DNA and other evidence. MOO is that Elantra drivers may be accomplices if they find them, they will crack. I see multiple arrests by the first of the year and a scandal for the Greek system at UI and maybe nationwide. moo
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. There are known knowns, and known unknowns, and unknowwn unknowns...
Oh never mind.

I have to say, this makes little sense to me (not the bloody nose part, that I agree with). If toxicology reports showed something in their system that was not in evidence anywhere in the home and could not be accounted for in their known wanderings (like alcohol is accounted for), then it could offer a clue. Maybe not cause or manner of death, but other clues that could point to something odd happening in the Corner Club, or something odd being in the food they got. Not that I think that is the case, but I am not impressed with the things Cathy Mabbutt says a lot of the time. It often sounds like she has some idea in her head without any basis in fact (at the time she says it) and states it as if it is an irrefutable fact. This does not leave room for actual investigation if your mind is closed to any other possibility than what you "believe" to be unlikely. JMO.
I interpreted the message of the coroner's remarks differently. I think she was trying to separate the issue of alchohol and/or drugs in the victims' toxicology reports that were possibly evident, with the issue of some people in the public "blaming the victims" in some way for their behaviors ahead of this tragedy, the murders.

I don't think she was stating in any way that any of the toxicology results were insignificant to the investigation.

While we are talking about the car, I'm gonna bring up something pretty far fetched. If this was a planned thing, what if the car was wrapped? What if it isn't actually white. What if after the murders the killer simply removed the wrap and the car went back to it's original color? Okay I know it's absurd, but everything else is being thrown out, so why not this.
What if the driver of the car was a married man visiting a girlfriend? He wouldn't want to come forward and be blasted all over Banfield, Fox and the DM.
I can see Nancy Grace giving the look already...

I am completely with you. Personally I hate being even the slightest bit critical of LE knowing how incredibly hard they are working, knowing they have so much evidence to look through.

This just surprised me and made me wonder what else is hidden in the stack of evidence, tips, surveillance they haven’t been able to get through yet.

I will say I’m still very confident in the LE working on this case and feel that they are very close to finding who did this.

It’s easy to be critical as an outsider, not knowing everything being done behind the scenes.

So I do appreciate your feedback very much.
To add to your comment, the people at home want information LE may or may not have to fit their own personal theories. To the public’s dismay, LE is simply not going to release every single piece of information every time something new is learned. And when they do ask for info, the car for example, the public doesn’t know the other info. they have to go around that. Tips can help them and I’m sure they depend on them as needed, but the public is critical based on a very small amount of info. In today’s now, now, now society (and MSM contributes to this attitude), patience has decreased to the point of leaving no room for LE to do their jobs. I feel bad that LE has to quelch the bad info, while trying to focus limited resources on the task at hand. IMO.

…If this was a planned thing, what if the car was wrapped? What if it isn't actually white. What if after the murders the killer simply removed the wrap and the car went back to it's original color? Okay I know it's absurd…

Not absurd at all. It’s original questions like this that will eventually lead to catching this monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay