ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity I went to Googlemaps and looked up High Beast Vape Shop based on the address and found this car there. I'm no car expert, but is this a white Hyundai Elantra parked near the misspelled "Enterance" sign at the vape shop?
Google lens will give you a good guess on car models if you use it. In this case it agrees with the others that it is a Tesla. (whoops, I did not realize how far back in the thread I was when I replied to this)

Im following all your saying, but my feeling tells me this car would be arriving at 3:40. I don’t know why, and if it was truly speeding that would be really stupid. But I’m having trouble with the girls having possibly been still awake at the home with their phone calls and the like. Idk, now way to know at this point .
I'm not following you. Do you mean arriving at the crime scene? I don't know how the gas station video car time stamped at 3:45 could arrive at the King Rd house at 3:40. True the car could be going toward and not coming from but it cannot be going toward its destination at 3:45 and arrive at that destination at 3:40. It would have to arrive after 3:45.

Last edited:
Im following all your saying, but my feeling tells me this car would be arriving at 3:40. I don’t know why, and if it was truly speeding that would be really stupid. But I’m having trouble with the girls having possibly been still awake at the home with their phone calls and the like. Idk, now way to know at this point .
If this was the person in the car and if he was heading to the scene and speeding, it may be that he was not in a calculative state of mind but instead in a fit of rage.

If this was the person in the car and if he was heading to the scene and speeding, it may be that he was not in a calculative state of mind but instead in a fit of rage.
I hear ya, although I think if that were the case, the perp would have been sloppier and left more evidence.

This was a cold, calculated event. Emotions didn't get in the way.

MOO.

Do we know this for sure? I saw pics on Fox I think where the whole pump was dismantled. Could the car have stopped? Could be regular maintenance though but I think it was taped off... I'm behind on the thread though so maybe this was already discussed!
Maybe to check the trash cans? Nothing says it only went by one time.

I interpreted the message of the coroner's remarks differently. I think she was trying to separate the issue of alchohol and/or drugs in the victims' toxicology reports that were possibly evident, with the issue of some people in the public "blaming the victims" in some way for their behaviors ahead of this tragedy, the murders.

I don't think she was stating in any way that any of the toxicology results were insignificant to the investigation.
If what you say is so, it was not a very good way to try to avoid victim bashing.

In the Source link that Layer provided, "The Moscow, Idaho, coroner, who also happens to run her own law office in the center of town, said the toxicology reports for four slain University of Idaho students aren't relevant to the case."

"Aren't relevant to the case" sounds like "makes no difference to the investigation". How could one know that until you get the results? Might toxicology results not affect the manner or cause of death? Sure. But the "case" is not just the cause and/or manner of death. If I were a relative, I'd be insulted by those kinds of comments because it sounds like even if they were drugged (which I don't think is the case, but it is unknown at this time), it's not relevant to the case which it very much could be depending on the results.

I believe that every avenue should be open for possibility until proven that it isn't. Saying something isn't relevant when you do not have results so you cannot rule it out makes it look like every avenue is not being pursued. JMO.

Last edited:
“In an exclusive interview Sunday, Steve Goncalves told Fox News Digital that Mabbutt had shared explicit details of Kaylee's injuries with one of his underage daughters“.
(From the link posted above by cottonweaver)

If true this is beyond disgusting.
Yet, here we all are waiting on baited breath for anything morsel or news. I agree it is not ok, yet I wait for any information coming out. I can't be the only one.

Seems like too much mental gymnastics to make it work, but possible
Occam's razor would say not related
Of course what must be done to be sure it is unrelated is likely more investigation. Surely there was more than one small white sedan driving around Moscow, ID in the wee hours of Nov 13?? I would think so

JMO
But...what’s the likelihood of LE looking for a “white Elantra” car seen in the area near the time of the murders and then it’s discovered that a CCTV shows one very, very similar around the same time as the murders? And speeding as well. Not trying to be argumentative, just trying to also use Occam’s Razor in regards to this case. Hoping it still fits.

I haven't been on web sleuths in a very long time, health reasons, so I'm trying to get back into everything again. However maybe you all discussed this already, but I'm just now catching on to their being 4 figures that look like they're walking fast or possibly running away from where the deaths happened, as Brian said, did I get that right?!!

Now, that they might have shown up 9 days later, I understand. It is easy to criticize LE for being slow, IRL I think they were merely overwhelmed. There is a limit to human work. However, for the future, would it have helped to ask all houses and businesses in the city, through, Twitter, FB, TV, all channels, not to erase the videos from 11/13-11/16 until further notice?
This is what happens when the FBI shows up. Locals think fbi did it: fbi thinks locals did it….more is not always better all of the time. Most seemed to think the killer left on foot in the beginning.

I'm not following you. Do you mean arriving at the crime scene? I don't know how the gas station video car time stamped at 3:45 could arrive at the King Rd house at 3:40. True the car could be going toward and not coming from but it cannot be going toward its destination at 3:45 and arrive at that destination at 3:40. It would have to arrive after 3:45.
Right, I was saying I’m not sure that the car was potentially leaving the house vs I am leaning toward it going to the house. Not so much hung up at 3:40 etc. Is that clearer or more like mud? I’m not sure I explained any better.

Not exactly correct. It's easier to stab through the flesh with a sharp knife, than with a dull one and the sharp knife requires less force.
Particularly when discussing stabbing through heavy bedding. Either way, it would become progressively “less sharp”, as the crime progressed. This took a significant amount of energy for four victims. MOO

If you look at the position of the backseat window relative to back wheel, they don't match.

In my opinion it's a Prius.
I agree with your observation. The relationship of the driver's side window and mirror are also not the same as an Elantra. It isn't an Elantra... I think the wheelbase of the white sedan in the video is that of a car larger than an Elantra. Also, the wheels/tires look proportionally small. The front headlight area doesn't match an Elantra either. It could be a Prius, but it is not an Elantra in my opinion.

Comparison of gas station footage capture and 2013 Elantra.
With the distortion caused by vehicle's motion, it is very difficult to get a real sense of what kind of car was captured by the gas station cam, but, to my eye, I am pretty confident that it is not the same make and model as the stock photo shown of the Hyundai Elantra. If you look at the front wheels, the Hyundai appears to have considerably less auto body in front of the wheels than the vehicle on cam, and as poster @OrangeRhyme stated, the position of the rear window, in relation to the rear wheel, appears different. The front end and taillights appear different also. I am not certain what the car on cam is, but it would be very hard to convince me that it is the sought-after Hyundai. JMO
1671058883115.png

I haven't been on web sleuths in a very long time, health reasons, so I'm trying to get back into everything again. However maybe you all discussed this already, but I'm just now catching on to their being 4 figures that look like they're walking fast or possibly running away from where the deaths happened, as Brian said, did I get that right?!!
Yes but my opinion is that was most likely some inebriated youths who saw the police lights and skeedaddled. JMO

But...what’s the likelihood of LE looking for a “white Elantra” car seen in the area near the time of the murders and then it’s discovered that a CCTV shows one very, very similar around the same time as the murders? And speeding as well. Not trying to be argumentative, just trying to also use Occam’s Razor in regards to this case. Hoping it still fits.
Seems college kids know NOT to speed after midnight, especially on weekends in the college towns I lived in, speeding at that time is suspicious to me.

Who said other unsolved stabbing cases are “Not Connected”?
[/QUOTE]
How can LE say other recent and somewhat close proximity knife murders are not connected if they are unsolved? That seems like a logical contradiction. Please enlighten me if you may.
@PrincessIvy
Moscow Pol-Ch. did NOT SAY cases ARE NOT connected. Nor did ID St Pol. See quotes below.

2021 attack on Juettens in OR. Husband died, wife survived, “NO OFFICIAL CONNECTION” per Fry.”
"….other cases, stuff that we are going to follow up on," Moscow Police Chief James Fry said Wednesday. He said his office knew about the case and was looking into it, but no official connection has been drawn between the two cases."

2020 fatal stabbing case in WA, 71 y/o woman S. Ladd. TOO EARLY, per ISP.
".... Aaron Snell, the communications director for the Idaho State Police, told Fox News Digital Thursday that investigators would be digging into any possible connection between the cases.
"Unequivocally, even without asking anybody, our detectives will be aware of that," he said. "They will look into the possibility that they're linked…anything that would be a remote possibility as a connection will be something that we consider."
He said investigators had "not ruled out any idea or concept" but that it was too early to say definitively whether any of the three cases shared a connection.”

No contradiction imo, based on MSM quoting LE.

* Idaho murders: Third unsolved stabbing attack resurfaces amid college slaying mystery | Fox News Nov 24
dbm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members