ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with your observation. The relationship of the driver's side window and mirror are also not the same as an Elantra. It isn't an Elantra... I think the wheelbase of the white sedan in the video is that of a car larger than an Elantra. Also, the wheels/tires look proportionally small. The front headlight area doesn't match an Elantra either. It could be a Prius, but it is not an Elantra in my opinion.
Wasn't there a white car in that body cam stop with the underage drinkers where LE states this isn't Elantra they are looking ? Also , wasn't there a white car turning in the long Grub Hub video? Jmo.

I'm kind of wondering why Coroner Mabbutt even had access to the autopsy report. At this point the document is part of the official police investigation. She wouldn't have a "need to know". She came, pronounced them deceased, arranged an autopsy and wrote her report. Job done?? (Maybe I'm being a little critical but to me she seems rather blabby) MOO

Under Title 19, Chapter 43, Section 194301 of the Idaho Code. The Coroner, as soon as she is informed that a person in her county has died: As a result of violence, whether apparently homicidal, suicidal or accidental, or A) Under Suspicious or unknown circumstances, or B) When not attended by a physician during his/her last illness and the cause of death cannot be certified by a physician, shall go to place of death and take charge of the body. An investigation into the events leading up to the person´s death shall commence in cooperation with the appropriate law enforcement agency. The Coroner may authorize an autopsy to be performed by a licensed physician to aid in accurately and scientifically determining the cause and manner of death. The Coroner shall also prepare a written report of the factual information gathered during the course of such an investigation.
So she didn’t go to WA and observe the autopsy’s correct?

So she didn’t go to WA and observe the autopsy’s correct?
I was sure she said somewhere she observed them. I went to find a link and instead found this and got sidetracked...

'Mabbutt said in her 16 years as coroner, she has never dealt with a case like this where four college students were killed at one location.

“I don’t think I’ve had another death by stabbing,” she said.'

So she has never dealt with 1 stabbing death, let alone 4. This speaks volumes to me and quite honestly not sure we can take her word on details seriously.

We have a nurse/attorney/coroner giving grieving families information on stab wounds.

Coroner: Autopsies confirm cause of death for UI students was stabbing. 'It would have had to been a large knife'

“In an exclusive interview Sunday, Steve Goncalves told Fox News Digital that Mabbutt had shared explicit details of Kaylee's injuries with one of his underage daughters“.
(From the link posted above by cottonweaver)

If true this is beyond disgusting.
Similar type thing that I was speculating about on here a few days ago. If it was my daughter or son that was murdered and he/she had many friends and classmates living in the same college town, it would be very hard for me to NOT reach out to them for information about any arguments, grudges, gossip, etc.

Right, I was saying I’m not sure that the car was potentially leaving the house vs I am leaning toward it going to the house. Not so much hung up at 3:40 etc. Is that clearer or more like mud? I’m not sure I explained any better.
I get you with the going scenario, and I totally agree it could be going to the house (if it's "the car"). I was trying to stay within the statement that the victims died between 3 and 4 am. Since they didn't elaborate any further and say it could be later than 4 but not earlier than 3, to me if the perp arrived later than 3:45 he would not have had time to park, enter, kill and then leave before 4 am. If LE would expand their 3 am to 4 am time frame I could fit this gas station car in a little better. But that's just me thinking out loud again.

Do you think the footage is unrelated to the crime? Or that law enforcement may have initially gotten make and model wrong?
I'm not sure what I think. Since posting, I have stared at those pics long enough now, I am not even sure the cam shot isn't a Hyundai Elantra. I do see things that make me believe it isn't, but also see things that make me think it might be. I wish we had a capture of it that is not so distorted, like a shot of it sitting still at a traffic light or such.

Whatever it is, I do believe that LE are on top of it now, at least, if not earlier. JMO

With the distortion caused by vehicle's motion, it is very difficult to get a real sense of what kind of car was captured by the gas station cam, but, to my eye, I am pretty confident that it is not the same make and model as the stock photo shown of the Hyundai Elantra. If you look at the front wheels, the Hyundai appears to have considerably less auto body in front of the wheels than the vehicle on cam, and as poster @OrangeRhyme stated, the position of the rear window, in relation to the rear wheel, appears different. The front end and taillights appear different also. I am not certain what the car on cam is, but it would be very hard to convince me that it is the sought-after Hyundai. JMO
View attachment 387581
I agree with what you are saying, BUT I think the video car is distorted due to motion- looks elongated and the angle is different than the stock photo because you can see part of the "far" headlight, so I think the angle in the video makes the "nose" look longer too... IMO Does not look like a Prius (boxier) or a Dart to me either (upturn at the trunk line is not there)- maybe LE has more video that makes it all clearer

Did LEOs say 2 unsolved stabbing cases are “Not Connected”? No, imo
How can LE say other recent and somewhat close proximity knife murders are not connected if they are unsolved? That seems like a logical contradiction. Please enlighten me if you may.
@PrincessIvy Reading the link differently than you do, as I don’t see either LEO saying those other cases are not connected to Moscow deaths. See quotes below from Moscow Pol-Chf. Fry and ID St Pol. Comm.-Dir. Snell.

Re 2021 attack on Juettens in OR. Husband died, wife survived, “NO OFFICIAL CONNECTION” per Fry.
"….other cases, stuff that we are going to follow up on," Moscow Police Chief James Fry said Wednesday. He said his office knew about the case and was looking into it, but no official connection has been drawn between the two cases."

Re 2020 fatal stabbing case in WA, 71 y/o woman S. Ladd. TOO EARLY, per ISP Snell.
".... Aaron Snell, the communications director for the Idaho State Police, told Fox News Digital Thursday that investigators would be digging into any possible connection between the cases.
"Unequivocally, even without asking anybody, our detectives will be aware of that," he said. "They will look into the possibility that they're linked…anything that would be a remote possibility as a connection will be something that we consider."
"He said investigators had "not ruled out any idea or concept" but that it was too early to say definitively whether any of the three cases shared a connection.”

Only quoting from MSM, quoting LEO’s.
* Idaho murders: Third unsolved stabbing attack resurfaces amid college slaying mystery | Fox News Nov 24

With the distortion caused by vehicle's motion, it is very difficult to get a real sense of what kind of car was captured by the gas station cam, but, to my eye, I am pretty confident that it is not the same make and model as the stock photo shown of the Hyundai Elantra. If you look at the front wheels, the Hyundai appears to have considerably less auto body in front of the wheels than the vehicle on cam, and as poster @OrangeRhyme stated, the position of the rear window, in relation to the rear wheel, appears different. The front end and taillights appear different also. I am not certain what the car on cam is, but it would be very hard to convince me that it is the sought-after Hyundai. JMO
View attachment 387581
It would be interesting for someone (perhaps LE will) drive an Elantra in the same manner, at the same time of 3:45 a.m. so that we can compare how the two look with headlights on and moving rapidly.

I'm kind of wondering why Coroner Mabbutt even had access to the autopsy report. At this point the document is part of the official police investigation. She wouldn't have a "need to know". She came, pronounced them deceased, arranged an autopsy and wrote her report. Job done?? (Maybe I'm being a little critical but to me she seems rather blabby) MOO

Under Title 19, Chapter 43, Section 194301 of the Idaho Code. The Coroner, as soon as she is informed that a person in her county has died: As a result of violence, whether apparently homicidal, suicidal or accidental, or A) Under Suspicious or unknown circumstances, or B) When not attended by a physician during his/her last illness and the cause of death cannot be certified by a physician, shall go to place of death and take charge of the body. An investigation into the events leading up to the person´s death shall commence in cooperation with the appropriate law enforcement agency. The Coroner may authorize an autopsy to be performed by a licensed physician to aid in accurately and scientifically determining the cause and manner of death. The Coroner shall also prepare a written report of the factual information gathered during the course of such an investigation.

Interview with Cathy Mabbutt, from KREM news Nov 16
In this early interview Mabbutt was asked many questions that are interesting to look at currently
Her role as coroner
Cause and manner of death
Time of death
Autopsy who will do
She has been coroner for 16 years, on two other multiple homicide scenes

IMO because she is a defense attorney, she should know not to reveal info to the public

JMO

I get you with the going scenario, and I totally agree it could be going to the house (if it's "the car"). I was trying to stay within the statement that the victims died between 3 and 4 am. Since they didn't elaborate any further and say it could be later than 4 but not earlier than 3, to me if the perp arrived later than 3:45 he would not have had time to park, enter, kill and then leave before 4 am. If LE would expand their 3 am to 4 am time frame I could fit this gas station car in a little better. But that's just me thinking out loud again.
There was a discussion last night about the timeframe and it was the mayor who said the deaths occurred between 3am-4am; The coroner gave a timeframe between 2am-5am.

MOO

:-(
“Kaylee's mom said Murphy usually slept with Kaylee or Madison Mogen. Murphy didn't usually bark, but if locked in a room by the suspect, he'd likely bark, whine and scratch at the door, she said.”

That’s certainly interesting.

This is a super interesting article, she is much older than I would have thought and has done quite a bit in her years!
Appreciate your sharing

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members