ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Iirc, the 3-4 am statement came from the Mayor very early on. I don't think that timeframe has been released by LE. I'm open to a larger timeframe. Imo.
A larger time frame makes more sense. One hour is not very long to accomplish something of this magnitude. I do wish that mayors and coroners would just say they don't have that information or they aren't at liberty to answer that question.
moo

A larger time frame makes more sense. One hour is not very long to accomplish something of this magnitude. I do wish that mayors and coroners would just say they don't have that information or they aren't at liberty to answer that question.
moo
I have to say that an hour is a very long time. Killers are generally hyped and ready to kill. It's a huge adrenaline surge for them. From following previous cases and comparing - I feel that they were there 30 min, tops.

I have to say that an hour is a very long time. Killers are generally hyped and ready to kill. It's a huge adrenaline surge for them. From following previous cases and comparing - I feel that they were there 30 min, tops.
Agreed. The time frame is the potential time it began and potential time it ended. It doesn't mean that it took the killer that entire time to kill 4 people.

That being said, I do appreciate the clarification on the time frame. I'd heard the 3-4 early on and hadn't realized it was from the mayor, not LE.

Did they know the person? Was it a planned visit.. did Murphy get put in another room by someone else? I think they knew the person and perhaps didn’t feel initial danger…just my latest opinion!
Unless the killer is arrested, questioned and actually confesses, we will never know. You will drive yourself insane wondering because aside from Murphy the only animal that can answer that is the killer.

Agreed. The time frame is the potential time it began and potential time it ended. It doesn't mean that it took the killer that entire time to kill 4 people.

That being said, I do appreciate the clarification on the time frame. I'd heard the 3-4 early on and hadn't realized it was from the mayor, not LE.
Good point. I did not include additional time for entry and exit. So yes, longer than 30 min is very possible.

How can LE say other recent and somewhat close proximity knife murders are not connected if they are unsolved? That seems like a logical contradiction. Please enlighten me if you may.
BINGO! That's what I brought up previously. No way LE can say there's *no link* between these two UNSOLVED cases and the Idaho kiliings. In fact, I think there's a reasonable probability we have a serial killer here. MOO

Good point. I did not include additional time for entry and exit. So yes, longer than 30 min is very possible.
My guess is the entry didn't take significant time. The fact there wasn't any sign of forced entry suggests to me that the door was unlocked or whoever it was was experienced at getting in quickly and without making a scene. MOO

This question(s) are for the law enforcement types that are in the know. Why keep how they know or suspect a white Elantra could provide them with information regarding this case? Given they were so specific on the year(s) the Elantra was built they obviously got a good look at it. Why not make those pics public? Why not just tell everyone wether the white car speeding past the gas station matches the car they are looking for? It seems to me LE benefits from these things being known.
The sister of one of the victims Kaylee, who found the footage of the Grub Truck, also found a ring camera by 1122, she confirmed that the sorority driver dropped off k&m, and what time. Maybe the same ring camera caught the car entering and leaving, especially since there is no outlet.

After a month having watched this case regularly, I am baffled that the time frame seems to keep moving
2-5AM

Why two AM? The calls went as late as 2:30 if I remember correctly
Why 5AM? Sunrise is near 6:45AM

JMO
There are no official sources where the time frame "seems to keep moving." That is only happening in internet community threads.

I followed the trail of links where this was discussed yesterday and found nothing. The 2-5am timeframe comes from an Idaho Statesman article which links to to a DNews article as a source. The only timeframe stated in the DNews article is "likely in the early morning hours Sunday" and even that is not a direct quote.

I have not yet seen a legitimate source for any timeframe whatsoever. Probably because I haven't watched the early news conferences.

This question(s) are for the law enforcement types that are in the know. Why keep how they know or suspect a white Elantra could provide them with information regarding this case? Given they were so specific on the year(s) the Elantra was built they obviously got a good look at it. Why not make those pics public? Why not just tell everyone wether the white car speeding past the gas station matches the car they are looking for? It seems to me LE benefits from these things being known.
I agree. I understand not compromising a case but the details they are keeping close don’t seem like it would harmful if revealed. JMO of course.

Even the amount of stab wounds, etc
A lot of other cases reveal these details before an arrest or trial
So I’m a little confused by that in this case

LE have stated they do not know the licence plate of the Elantra. So there is no way to confirm if the car on the gas station footage is THE car even IF it is an Elantra because they do not know the plate.

I'm assuming however the Elantra in question that LE seek has some identifying marks, scratches or stickers and perhaps if they release photos of the car they have footage of those things that identify the car can be concealed.

Just out of curiosity I went to Googlemaps and looked up High Beast Vape Shop based on the address and found this car there. I'm no car expert, but is this a white Hyundai Elantra parked near the misspelled "Enterance" sign at the vape shop?
View attachment 387477
I went to Google maps too. Behind the Vape Shop is an Automotive Company with this white car sitting in the parking lot. But I can't tell what kind it is.

Attachments

• Image 12-14-22 at 4.12 PM.jpg
    Image 12-14-22 at 4.12 PM.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 67
I am wondering if the 3:45 am time stamp on the gas station digital recording of the white car is accurate. If it's correct it doesn't seem like it would allow enough time for the perp to have committed all four stabbings, left the residence and walked to a vehicle, got in, started it, and driven away. If there is evidence of life at 2:52am, would he have started 8 minutes later at 3am or a bit later. Maybe it doesn't take that long to inflict multiple stab wounds on a person but I would think it would take at least 5 or 6 minutes. IDK but 5 x 4 plus however long it took to get up and down stairs and then back out of the house and down or up to where the car was parked maybe 35 minutes total. That would leave 10 minutes to get yourself together in the car and drive like a normal driver. Just thinking out loud.
It takes a lot less time than you’d ever expect. This (by all accounts of the evidence confirmed so far) seems to be a very frenzied and sanguineous attack. He was in and out in breakneck speed. JMOHO

Is there a car lot in the area? I wonder if the perp could have stolen the car from a lot just for the murder, cleaned it up, and returned it. Idk how easy it would be to steal one but may be worth checking the nearby car lots.
I just looked up google maps and their is some type of automotive place on the street behind the Vape Shop. It has this white car on it.

Attachments

• Image 12-14-22 at 4.12 PM.jpg
    Image 12-14-22 at 4.12 PM.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 11
Unless the killer is arrested, questioned and actually confesses, we will never know. You will drive yourself insane wondering because aside from Murphy the only animal that can answer that is the killer.
IMO there is a good possibility the sadistic killer may take (his or her) own life if and when LE closes in.

I've been thinking about Xana's dad changing the lock on the door to her room. Why would he do that? The most obvious reasons are that A) she was scared of someone or B) things had been disappearing from her room. I wonder if someone had regularly been sneaking into the house and taking little "souvenirs" of her life, or the lives of all the girls that lived there. If so, he could have befriended Murphy over a period of weeks or even months. This could point to Xana as a primary target. I asked earlier today but didn't get an answer--which of the girls in the house were in the same sorority and what was it? Did they both resign at the same time, and when was that?

I can’t help going back to puppy… was he put away in a locked room in advance? Girls come home and puppy is excited… why would he be locked in another room?

I’m with you. I think there’s a possibility something was going on with the dog and whatever that something was could have been due to the threat. I think that could be why K called the ex-bf in regard to “We share a dog together.” Was the dog loose in the neighborhood or acting up? Did they have to put it outside the room to get to sleep? We know the perp did not want to be fooling around with a dog so he either had to put it somewhere to contain it or let it loose outside the home. If he leaves after the murders AND leaves the door open then the dog can wander back inside on its own once it’s done running the neighborhood. Or just be in it’s room. I have to think that the dog would have been impacted by the murders unless it was put outside.

With the distortion caused by vehicle's motion, it is very difficult to get a real sense of what kind of car was captured by the gas station cam, but, to my eye, I am pretty confident that it is not the same make and model as the stock photo shown of the Hyundai Elantra. If you look at the front wheels, the Hyundai appears to have considerably less auto body in front of the wheels than the vehicle on cam, and as poster @OrangeRhyme stated, the position of the rear window, in relation to the rear wheel, appears different. The front end and taillights appear different also. I am not certain what the car on cam is, but it would be very hard to convince me that it is the sought-after Hyundai. JMO
View attachment 387581
DEFINITELY not the car (ELANTRA 2011-2013) pictured in lower right for reasons pointed out. Front bumper is the biggest difference. Contour of rear window has sharp angle at the back, whereas Elantra has smooth transition at lower right corner. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member