ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is the entry didn't take significant time. The fact there wasn't any sign of forced entry suggests to me that the door was unlocked or whoever it was was experienced at getting in quickly and without making a scene. MOO
Agreed! Which all fits with the assumptions that they were familiar with the home, known to the victims, were focused and had a plan.

After a month having watched this case regularly, I am baffled that the timeline regarding possible time of deaths seems to keep moving
Why 2-5AM?

Why two AM? The calls went as late as 2:30 if I remember correctly
Why 5AM? Sunrise is near 6:45AM

2:50-6:30AM if you stop at dawn- they were not found until noon so 2:50-Noon is time none of the victims have calls or sightings or texts, condition of bodies would suggest death much earlier- maybe that is evidence for deaths prior to 5AM?

JMO
Maybe they are open to the possibility that the killer and not the girls made the calls?

IMO there is a good possibility the sadistic killer may take (his or her) own life if and when LE closes in.
With one exception…most sadistic killers are classic narcissists as well. They would never take their own life…only the lives of others. Just go down the list of the most notorious in history. If they are apprehended, they play games and appeal for years and sometimes, they find their own game flipped on them (and they are killed while serving their sentence). MOO

I've been thinking about Xana's dad changing the lock on the door to her room. Why would he do that? The most obvious reasons are that A) she was scared of someone or B) things had been disappearing from her room. I wonder if someone had regularly been sneaking into the house and taking little "souvenirs" of her life, or the lives of all the girls that lived there. If so, he could have befriended Murphy over a period of weeks or even months. This could point to Xana as a primary target. I asked earlier today but didn't get an answer--which of the girls in the house were in the same sorority and what was it? Did they both resign at the same time, and when was that?
Xana and Maddie were in the same sorority. Kaylee was in a separate one. K’s mom said she was returning to go to a Phi Pi ?? Party on that Fri night. I don’t have info on when or if anyone stopped participating.

This is seeming more and more like a person who did not know these 4 kids well. I think if it was a close friend or someone in the immediate circle there would have been an arrest. I believe this is someone who knew of them from afar. Not necessarily a stalker persay but maybe a co worker, ex student, friend of a friend type thing.

I've been thinking about Xana's dad changing the lock on the door to her room. Why would he do that? The most obvious reasons are that A) she was scared of someone or B) things had been disappearing from her room. I wonder if someone had regularly been sneaking into the house and taking little "souvenirs" of her life, or the lives of all the girls that lived there. If so, he could have befriended Murphy over a period of weeks or even months. This could point to Xana as a primary target. I asked earlier today but didn't get an answer--which of the girls in the house were in the same sorority and what was it? Did they both resign at the same time, and when was that?
I believe (could be incorrect) that he was asked to either fix or replace it as it wasn’t working. His wife mentioned it in an interview. Sometimes they simply quit working, experience mechanical failure. Murphy is a young dog. He is shy and overly friendly. Not a guard dog by any means (from descriptions from friends and family). JMOHO

This question(s) are for the law enforcement types that are in the know. Why keep how they know or suspect a white Elantra could provide them with information regarding this case? Given they were so specific on the year(s) the Elantra was built they obviously got a good look at it. Why not make those pics public? Why not just tell everyone wether the white car speeding past the gas station matches the car they are looking for? It seems to me LE benefits from these things being known.

If you watch the extended version of the body cam you see that there’s barely any traffic on Taylor at that time 2:55-3:10. One or two cars pass by in 10-15 minutes. I’m convinced they have good reason to zero in on the Elantra and they must have enough detail to provide the specific years even if they don’t have a clear view of the plates.

I'm sure his prints and DNA are all over the fixed/changed locks.

I’m with you. I think there’s a possibility something was going on with the dog and whatever that something was could have been due to the threat. I think that could be why K called the ex-bf in regard to “We share a dog together.” Was the dog loose in the neighborhood or acting up? Did they have to put it outside the room to get to sleep? We know the perp did not want to be fooling around with a dog so he either had to put it somewhere to contain it or let it loose outside the home. If he leaves after the murders AND leaves the door open then the dog can wander back inside on its own once it’s done running the neighborhood. Or just be in it’s room. I have to think that the dog would have been impacted by the murders unless it was put outside.
Good point. The dog may have been released by the perp beforehand OR perhaps the dog was agitated by knowing the PERP was present (hiding outside?). This *could* have been the reason why they called the ex-boyfriend several times.

Has there been any discussion about that back kitchen sliding glass door being broken because I see the red tape the police put there and I’m wondering if that lock was broken?

“Kaylee's mom said Murphy usually slept with Kaylee or Madison Mogen. Murphy didn't usually bark, but if locked in a room by the suspect, he'd likely bark, whine and scratch at the door, she said.”

That’s certainly interesting.
JMO

Maybe the dog was already asleep in kaylee’s room when they came home. It was very late. Seeing how K didn’t sleep in her own room that night she may have just closed the door and let him sleep.

I am wondering if the 3:45 am time stamp on the gas station digital recording of the white car is accurate. If it's correct it doesn't seem like it would allow enough time for the perp to have committed all four stabbings, left the residence and walked to a vehicle, got in, started it, and driven away. If there is evidence of life at 2:52am, would he have started 8 minutes later at 3am or a bit later. Maybe it doesn't take that long to inflict multiple stab wounds on a person but I would think it would take at least 5 or 6 minutes. IDK but 5 x 4 plus however long it took to get up and down stairs and then back out of the house and down or up to where the car was parked maybe 35 minutes total. That would leave 10 minutes to get yourself together in the car and drive like a normal driver. Just thinking out loud.
I think it is telling that the Moscow police department hasn't sent out a press release distancing itself from the video at the gas station. IMO

IIRC Xana's father never confirmed he did anything to to the lock. Has he spoken about it!? All that came from his ex-wife. Xana's mother.
Has there been any discussion about that back kitchen sliding glass door being broken because I see the red tape the police put there and I’m wondering if that lock was broken?
Plenty. Nothing about the lock has been confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214