ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting. Would you mind expanding on this? Why would the killers have made the calls? The texts show that they were asking the x boyfriend to come over. Why would the killer have done that?
God forbid to kill him too? Idk, I'm still struggling how others could do this to those kids.... That said Chris Watts left either texts or voicemails on his wifes phone that he'd killed hours before. For him thought he was trying to establish aliby stuff, I wonder if the calls from Kaylee's phone were for the same purpose? I understood Kaylee used the phone a few times and Maddie a couple times, if they voicemails it was not the killer, but if they were texts it could have been the killer sending them. Creepy!

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but the surviving roommates have not had any contact with KG’s family since the murders? Does this not seem strange? There doesn’t appear to be a gag order in place…
I’m assuming they want privacy and that’s not a given when you start talking to certain people. Maybe LE asked them to not reveal details during the investigation?

MOO

What happens if the driver/passengers in the white Hyundai Elantra are traced - and it transpires they have nothing to do with the murders.

Where does that leave us then?

Back to square one.

Everything seems to be hinging on this car.....I hope it does have something to do with the case and we can get some forward. momentum going and some arrests.

Sliding doors are very vulnerable. I remember getting locked out of a building with new sliding doors that were locked from the inside. I was with a friend who was a contractor, and he just lifted the locked doors right out of the track. It is extremely difficult to keep them secure, even with a variety of locks.
Thank you for confirming this, I have a triple pane slider that's quite heavy, I wouldn't doubt 1122 rental had an inexpensive lighter slider.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but the surviving roommates have not had any contact with KG’s family since the murders? Does this not seem strange? There doesn’t appear to be a gag order in place…
Did KG's family speak out about this?

After a month having watched this case regularly, I am baffled that the timeline regarding possible time of deaths seems to keep moving
Why 2-5AM?

Why two AM? The calls went as late as 2:30 if I remember correctly
Why 5AM? Sunrise is near 6:45AM

2:50-6:30AM if you stop at dawn- they were not found until noon so 2:50-Noon is time none of the victims have calls or sightings or texts, condition of bodies would suggest death much earlier- maybe that is evidence for deaths prior to 5AM?

JMO
Afaik, LE has not released a time of death. They are however looking for info during the hours of 2-5am. Imo.

I had the same question about the dog. It just seems logical that he would sleep with K or M and so I found it odd that he wasn’t in the room with them. Then, am I incorrect because it’s been a month, didn’t K‘s sister talk about that last text to the XBF, we share a dog. Is it possible that the dog was locked away someplace else and she couldn’t find the dog? But then I think that the sister also did an interview saying that the girls let the dog out to do his business? I can’t remember which one it was. Hope you all remember better than I do.
Of course K and M are taking pup out before turning in for the night And as their last night together for a bit … puppy will be part of cuddling.. JMO….I feel dog was put in a room but not by the girls

I think it is telling that the Moscow police department hasn't sent out a press release distancing itself from the video at the gas station. IMO
I thought it was interesting MPD visited the store twice to view, why don't they have that footage in their office? Like a usb or hard drive or whatever tech thing to view from the police station.

walking around, I have been staring at little white cars; the corolla and the mazda 3 look similar too :(
In my opinion they don't really know the exact make of the car. My understanding is that the information came from tipsters, who probably told police that it resembled an Elantra, and they went with the description because it offered something the public could get a grasp on. Calling it a white sedan, or something equally generic wouldn't have helped at all, since there are millions of white sedans in the country. But this, in my opinion, might be the biggest red herring in the case so far.

I am not sure I buy the idea that Xana's father changed any locks. Unless I am a mistaken, he is not on record saying that anywhere here. That infor came from her mother, who has been somewhat disconnected from the situation for some time apparently. We do know that the dad had made a comment early on about Xana having changed a lot, for the better, since going to college and having her relationship with Ethan.

Don't throw rocks at me, but is it possible that Xana's dad told her mom, in a phone call, that "she had changed a lot", and she mistook it for that "he had changed a lock"?

Can anyone verify, with a source, where it was said by anyone other than Xana's mother, that a lock had recently been changed? JMO
I don't think the mother said he "changed" the locks, but only that he tried to repair them. I've always thought that if the locks were broken, and they were that concerned about them, they might have had the landlord send in a locksmith, and that's something (if true) that the police should investigate.

What happens if the driver/passengers in the white Hyundai Elantra are traced - and it transpires they have nothing to do with the murders.

Where does that leave us then?

Back to square one.
snip
Back to having to decide if there was a target; who that target was; and why that person was targeted.

This is seeming more and more like a person who did not know these 4 kids well. I think if it was a close friend or someone in the immediate circle there would have been an arrest. I believe this is someone who knew of them from afar. Not necessarily a stalker persay but maybe a co worker, ex student, friend of a friend type thing.
But, at the same time, someone who had been in the house and/or knew something about the occupants. He didn't just randomly stick a pin in a map and say to himself, "that's the place I'm going to hit."

I had the same question about the dog. It just seems logical that he would sleep with K or M and so I found it odd that he wasn’t in the room with them. Then, am I incorrect because it’s been a month, didn’t K‘s sister talk about that last text to the XBF, we share a dog. Is it possible that the dog was locked away someplace else and she couldn’t find the dog? But then I think that the sister also did an interview saying that the girls let the dog out to do his business? I can’t remember which one it was. Hope you all remember better than I do.

I’ve heard that the sister relayed the typical routine with her sister (calls, caring for the dog, etc.) but maybe not specifically what happened that evening. I am not sure if it’s been reported that they talked that evening or early morning.
I don’t know for sure though.

There has never been any mention of that by anyone other than X's mom, in one single interview. Her father, who has done more interviews, has never said a word about it.
X's mom was a total wreck in that interview (understandably so), and it is thought by many, including myself, that she misunderstood something that was said previously by her father.
In effect, he said that he had visited X just the weekend before and she had changed a lot.
I question that too, I do recall X or M's dad saying if one knocked on the driveway door people upstairs could not hear it so everyone knew to walk around the slider door, I keep wondering if X's mom mixed that up somehow.

I thought it was interesting MPD visited the store twice to view, why don't they have that footage in their office? Like a usb or hard drive or whatever tech thing to view from the police station.
Maybe, the first time they visited was to check out the credibility of the tip. The second time was to obtain the 8 hours of video? imo

IIRC Xana's father never confirmed he did anything to to the lock. Has he spoken about it!? All that came from his ex-wife. Xana's mother.

Plenty. Nothing about the lock has been confirmed.
Police stated that "A" door was still open whenever they arrived around noonish on Sunday. I can't find clarification on which door.

Of course K and M are taking pup out before turning in for the night And as their last night together for a bit … puppy will be part of cuddling.. JMO….I feel dog was put in a room but not by the girls
Puppies make messes—and as they were staying in M’s room that night MOO is that K thought it would be easier to clean up any messes in the morning rather than having to worrying about getting out of bed for fear of leaving stains, odors, etc. if he relieved himself on M’s carpet or chewed her things, i would bet her room wasn’t puppy-proofed. Additionally, puppies aren’t usually very cuddly for extended periods at that age, and as he would have been really excited to see K, it may have just been as simple as “We are exhausted, and he is going to keep us up…let’s just put him in the spare room (K’s old room) and see if he falls asleep.” Again, JMO.

I posted this awhile back of the timeline including the time the murders possibly took place.

Approximately 2:30 to 3 a.m. Goncalves’ repeated calls to ex-boyfriend go unanswered. Family members say this was not unusual, and police say he is not connected to the crime. <mod note - named of ex-boyfriend redacted>

Approximately 3 to 5 a.m. The four students, who were believed to be sleeping at the time, are killed in the house. The coroner later states some had defensive wounds, and each was stabbed multiple times. There was no sign of sexual assault.

Shortly before noon: Two surviving roommates wake up. After finding one of the victims on the second floor unresponsive, they call friends over to the house.

Source:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads