ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they know the person? Was it a planned visit.. did Murphy get put in another room by someone else? I think they knew the person and perhaps didn’t feel initial danger…just my latest opinion!
Wasn’t Murphy found outside? Maybe the perp left the door open and Murphy ran off?

Has it been revealed what E and X were doing in the hours long gap before the murders? Anything?
The most recent police updates seem to have updated the timeline to account for them being at the fraternity party the whole time but without being definitive about it:

"Detectives continue investigating what occurred from approximately 9 p.m. on November 12th to 1:45 a.m. on November 13th, when Ethan Chapin and Xana Kernodle were believed to be at the Sigma Chi house on the University of Idaho Campus at 735 Nez Perce Drive. Any interactions, contacts, direction and method of travel, or anything abnormal could add context to what occurred."

Last edited:
“Kristi Goncalves said her family has not heard from the surviving roommates since the murders.”

Taken from the link I provided.

I may be in the minority, but I don’t find this surprising or unusual. I can only imagine how difficult it would be on both sides.

BINGO! That's what I brought up previously. No way LE can say there's *no link* between these two UNSOLVED cases and the Idaho kiliings. In fact, I think there's a reasonable probability we have a serial killer here. MOO
Well they can say that if they have evidence that we don’t know about. Which they likely do.

I guess I am missing something. I thought I heard that the crime scene was horrific or something to that effect. I did see the blood dripping in the photo from outside the house. If each pair were sleeping together, meaning four people, two beds. How on Earth did the roommate think one individual was simply just passed out?
We're all missing that piece because there is no way of knowing the answer with publicly available information. There are plausible explanations, e.g. if a surviving roommate had made plans with one of the 2nd floor victims for that morning. They'd not necessarily try to contact any of the other victims. Again, that is pure meaningless speculation offered as a possibility. There are other equally plausible possibilities. I see no value in speculating further.

Most important, we have no reason to doubt the facts as provided by MPD.

From what I understand, with lots of people in the house, and between two houses, the dog might have grown up with the feeling that people were good. So is it even possible that in this situation, the dog got scared, too? It would be interesting to see if the dog were barking and scratching, or hiding in the corner and whining?
This was a short clip before Entin's interview with Kaylee's parents and sister but it never made it into the interview. It's still on his twitter feed.

TRANSCRIPT OF SHORT CLIP.

Source

3RD DECEMBER.

Sister - You know, we still don't know where the dog was found. I've asked and asked and they won't give that answer.

Entin - ...and the dog going to the Humane Society?.

Sister - Yeah, we do know he wound up going there, but just where he was found in the home.

Entin - But, I mean, could he have had blood on him?.

Sister - That's the question, we don't know.

Dad - We'll never know.

Mom - Could he have jumped on em and scratched em, because he was a jumper. Could (inaudible) have hair on him, I mean..

Entin - Was he a barker?.

Mom - Nope.

Sister - Not at all. Murphy was actually.. he's still kind of a puppy. He just recently, or just recently is turning 1.

Mom - He'll be 1 on the 27th.

Sister - Yeah, so, he was pretty young and he was used to people, you know, being around a lot. He lived with five girls.

Sister - Do you think if a stranger came in, he would have caused a ruckus?.

Mom - No.

Sister - I don't believe so. I honestly think if anything, he probably would have hid.

Dad - He was a big goofy dog.

The sister of one of the victims Kaylee, who found the footage of the Grub Truck, also found a ring camera by 1122, she confirmed that the sorority driver dropped off k&m, and what time. Maybe the same ring camera caught the car entering and leaving, especially since there is no outlet.
It's pretty amazing how the sister found the grub truck and neighbors' videos so quickly.

Car idiot here! Wouldn't a 2011-13 car have not-original tires? Also, is it common in a high-snowfall area like northern Idaho for people to have snow tires?
Late to the party but wanted to answer your question based on my post. It doesn’t matter if the car in question has original tires or not. If the car’s current tire tracks match the tire tracks at the scene, that person will definitely become a POI.

Whoa! could be that too.
"If the killer used the phone to call the ex In an attempt to get him over there...maybe the killer thought he could set the ex up to take the fall for the killings?"

Difficult to use a phone with gloves (I assume killer used them), so they take them off to use the phone? BIG MISTAKE, since phone wasn't discarded>>> BINGO>>> you have prints and DNA.

As per Daily Mail, the attendant at the petrol station said she saw it travelling down White Ave. Looking at street view on Google of the petrol station, and taking into consideration that the image of the white car was directly in front of the camera that caught it and not at any type of angle, I’m going to guess that the camera that caught the footage is on the actual shop part of the station (not at the petrol bowsers) and is facing straight out onto White Ave. The next thing the attendant did is that the car turned down a side street… I would assume the reach from the cameras wouldn’t be all that far, so that leads me to Hanson Ave.

What does everyone else think? I could be totally off the mark but I can’t come to any other conclusion from what the attendant has said. Would love everyone’s input.

I’ve attached an image. Circled in yellow the part of the petrol station I believe the camera is situated and the 2 red lines are where I think the car and camera intersected and the image is taken from. Hansen Ave circled for reference also.

I think that sounds the most logical.

The “we share a dog” message/info comes from this interview with Kaylee’s parents at about the 7:45 mark.

Fox News Interview w/ KG’s parents

Kaylee’s Mom: they still talked every single day. Kaylee just thought that he needed a little break. They were on the mend of getting back together. Kaylee talked to JD the whole time she was here for that week and a half…

Kaylee’s Dad: One of her messages, one of her last messages, she reached (out to?) JD and said “JD get back to me” and he didn’t and she goes “we share a dog together” which they did and she’s like “you need to reach out to me” so…

Kaylee’s Mom: please come over (not sure if she’s quoting Kaylee or if this is her speculation). She was wanting JD to come over…

It’s not clear or specified whether it’s texts she sent or voicemails they heard (from JD) or both. I think maybe texts, which is how Kaylee’s mom determined she was wanting JD to come over.

Initially, I did question whether Murphy was missing/taken out of the house by the killer and Maddie and Kaylee were calling JD because of this. But reading it back, I think it was just drunken calls. I think by the time Maddie’s phone called JD, they were in bed together and Kaylee’s phone had died or was being charged so Kaylee used Maddie’s phone to make the final calls.

I guess I am missing something. I thought I heard that the crime scene was horrific or something to that effect. I did see the blood dripping in the photo from outside the house. If each pair were sleeping together, meaning four people, two beds. How on Earth did the roommate think one individual was simply just passed out?
Don't make me have to post the Cliffs Notes again...

The Cliffs Notes:
Some think it makes no sense at all.
Some think it's likely the victims were locked in rooms and not seen, but not responding to knocks or phone calls.
Some think E was laying face-down in the hall or living room without any blood showing.
Some think the wording "unconscious" is sort of a default lingo for 911 calls.
Some think one of the surviving roommates saw a victim butchered, ran outside, and passed out.
Some think the victims were covered in a blanket or bedspread in their room and the blood wasn't seen.
:)

Just to extend your thought process. If the killer used the phone to call the ex In an attempt to get him over there...maybe the killer thought he could set the ex up to take the fall for the killings?
Idk. MOO.

No. If the killer was that smart, it was to provide the alibi for himself, very tight, but an alibi.

The Cliffs Notes:
Some think it makes no sense at all.
Some think it's likely the victims were locked in rooms and not seen, but not responding to knocks or phone calls.
Some think E was laying face-down in the hall or living room without any blood showing.
Some think the wording "unconscious" is sort of a default lingo for 911 calls.
Some think one of the surviving roommates saw a victim butchered, ran outside, and passed out.
Some think the victims were covered in a blanket or bedspread in their room and the blood wasn't seen.
I really love these Cliff notes! They never get old to me haha..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ribut1932