ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So we are thinking the killer drive up to the house in a car and parked out front, walked in and killed four people without making much noise, got back in the car and drove away without being noticed by the <modsnip - no link> other two roommates who were sleeping??
yep. quite possible. I once slept through a police swat team and helicopter in my very silent safe neighborhood. right between my house and the next. so did my two big dogs. <modsnip - response to snipped portion> just the location of the rooms and the obvious sound reduction that might come from being built into the earth/slope, yep, quite possible imo. imo I think that if the roommates knew anything, they'd have spoken up. now I don't actually think the killer rolled up to the front door in an uber or anything, but yep, the roommates def could've slept thru it imo. edited to fix annoying typo.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO I would’ve thought there would be certain businesses LE would obtain security footage from as a matter of common practice in a case like this. I would think petrol/gas stations and banks would fit this category… high likelihood of having working security cameras running 24/7. A quick search of petrol stations in Moscow gave me a total of 8 (give or take 1 or 2 not listed). Even if the town has a dozen petrol stations, that doesn’t seem like too many for LE to be able to gather and sift through? It’s not like it’s an area or city with 50+ petrol stations they would need footage from, it’s approximately 8. Seems like that would be one of the first, basic checks to do, especially given they have a potentially suspicious car in the area of the crime… they KNOW someone either involved or a potential witness was driving around the town! Why did they wait for that type of information to be brought to them?

Interesting. I’ve followed many a case where they were able to obtain ring footage and business surveillance footage and track a perp. I would have just assumed this avenue was being investigated from the start

Yes.....if the direction of the car can be positively determined, then you could check all cameras along all possible routes after car was spotted on this one camera. However, since LE apparently so far behind on this, you will have the problem of video being deleted, overwritten by this time.

Earlier posts map the car traveling from 1122 King Rd to the gas station. I suggest the car continued along an eastward heading and turned north off of hwy 8 as a first approach. I suggested using Google map street view to travel the neighborhoods north east of the gas station
Got it, thanks.

Police have asked that the owner of the vehicle contact them. If that person had come forward, police would have said they are no longer looking for the vehicle. Instead, they are very interested in footage from a nearby gas station of a similar vehicle.

If the owner hasn't come forward, perhaps the owner has something to hide? The owner is not a person of interest, or a suspect.
The recent news indicates the police are invested very much in finding this car and the owners such that the Canadian border patrol was notified and their interest in video footage from the gas station. So it stands that these actions imply there is more than a casual interest and one that suspects the behavior of the car occupants would lead toward escaping into Canada.

IMO, the car is very likely the white elantra. I highly doubt the police would be placing crime scene tape around the gas station and gathering hours of video evidence from there otherwise.

source:
Wait, is it standard procedure to put up tape if they are just obtaining video footage???:oops:

Is it just me, or is that a white Hyundai seen on Google maps on Hanson Ave, a side road next to the gas station where the photo was taken?!!!
I saw that in my ‘walk’ around google street. Pretty sure it’s a Hyundai Voloster.

Attachments

• EC29D0B5-2044-4D16-8CB0-BFB4934F9ACF.jpeg
    EC29D0B5-2044-4D16-8CB0-BFB4934F9ACF.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 75E1E6EF-43BC-45F1-87FE-122FB9BD2A54.jpeg
    75E1E6EF-43BC-45F1-87FE-122FB9BD2A54.jpeg
    39.5 KB · Views: 13
Earlier posts map the car traveling from 1122 King Rd to the gas station. I suggest the car continued along an eastward heading and turned north off of hwy 8 as a first approach. I suggested using Google map street view to travel the neighborhoods north east of the gas station
The first map shows the route between the house and the gas station. The second shows the location of the car per one news outlet.

Attachments

• 1670995414092.png
    1670995414092.png
    354 KB · Views: 39
  • 1670995433647.png
    1670995433647.png
    993.6 KB · Views: 40
According to police, the murders occurred between 3-4 AM, and they are interested in a car that was in the area at the time of the murders.

Given the direction of the car, either he was driving to the murders, which throws off police timeline, or he took a circuitous path from the house to Troy Road/ Hwy 8 after the murders.
Driver picking the murderer up, perhaps?

I am a new poster but have been reading the thread for 3 weeks. I agree with you about the white Elantra. That's just not the type of car guy would drive. I also read up on the kbar and it was originally a hand-to-hand combat weapon, which makes me feel like the perp is a female that didn't know the difference because that type of knife gets dull quickly, especially after making contact with bone. Someone with more experience would not have carried that knife as a weapon. It could also mean that the car isn't relevant. Thank you for syaying that you didn't believe that was a car a man wouldn't drive and giving me the courage to speak-up and post!

Kinda doesn't make sense. Also, styner is a main road and has all the bus stops which means probably fairly well-lit imo and ime. Even or esp if I lived that direction, that's not how I'd have left a murder scene. I'd have taken my chances with ring cameras in the dark recesses of the neighborhood v. brightly lit main roads with businesses, but then again, I've never committed a quadruple murder. still, I hope I would have planned better than a main road like that. @North_Idaho_Nony, can you shed any light on the lighting on Styner and that store location?
I could, but I’m not sure it would be helpful because I’m unconvinced the 3:45 AM car in the purported video is relevant.

First, this person wasn’t working that night so I don’t understand why she’s blabbing? Presumably, LE will be talking to the clerk actually on duty at the time if they determine the surveillance video to be relevant.

There’s a stop sign at that corner for both White & Styner to cross over Troy Rd.

Like you, I’m not a mass murderer, but I might have taken Styner to flee the crime scene but it makes no sense to me the murderer would be heading, basically, back where he came from, where he had essentially just escaped completely undetected.

Or, are people thinking that’s the car headed to commit the quadruple murders? The time seems problematic based on what LE has released, but it would make more sense to me than thinking the purported video is of the car afterwards.

Moo!

Is it safe to say we can now narrow the murder time from 3-3:45am....

It's no coincidence LE is looking for a specific small white sedan, and one seen speeding at 3:45 caught on gas station cam are one in the same.

MOO
I think that is a leap. post hoc ergo propter hoc. After therefore because of it. Logical fallacy. Post hoc ergo propter hoc - Wikipedia

White is the most popular car color. Here’s Why The Most Popular Car Colors Are Also The Dullest

We know that it's a college town and there were other people out at the same time. Any car that drove past the store had a 25% chance of being a white one. And even though that car seems similar to the Elantra, we can't even be sure it's the right make/model. IMO, esp given the direction the car is headed, it's potentially a leap to assume that's the car with the murderer in it.

I saw that in my ‘walk’ around google street. Pretty sure it’s a Hyundai Voloster.
Thanks! I agree, it’s likely a newer Velostar. It also has a black front-end while the gas station footage shows it as all-white.

There is a second car at the end of that block, too. (Photo above) Can you tell what that one is? Looks like a Nissan Altima.

What a weird coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members