ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mayor’s are politicians. I don’t believe a Mayor’s timeline.

I’m accustomed to seeing larger windows for time of death.
Maybe investigators could estimate time of death based on rigour. They were found at noon. They would have been in full rigour 9 hours after death. It last another 12 hours. Perhaps it's possible to estimate time of death based on the time that rigour disappears?

"Rigor mortis appears approximately 2 hours after death in the muscles of the face, progresses to the limbs over the next few hours, completing between 6 to 8 hours after death. Rigor mortis then stays for another 12 hours (till 24 hours after death) and then disappears."

Is it possible the time of death was figured between 3am when girls stopped calling JD until 4am, around when the neighbor heard a scream? Did LE know about the scream that early on? If not, then I’d say it’s Fitbit/smart watch data. I understand that time of death is figured out from organ temp, but surely it’s usually a wider timeframe than just one hour? MOO

I’m behind in the convo but screen shotted it, zoomed in to match the size of the photo at the article below and did a side by side... I’m seeing some major similarities. Jmo

Are you able to share your side by side images?

Personally, I think if the Elantra driver/s is the killer they would’ve been long gone by the time of this video, however I also know many sick individuals like to revisit the scene of the crime and become obsessed with the attention, so it’s definitely possible.

Isn't this the same "former FBI etc." who last week was on Newsmax saying Steve G "fits the profile" of a murderer to a t? Here they have him saying:

"Knife possibly used in slayings known to dull quickly, likely also caused injury to attacker​

MSM-- I'd like to say more...

I just spent 45 mins doing that but it is a maze back in there so couldn’t say for sure which streets I checked.
I agree. What I learned though is that the car could easily go east and North for a while. The image from the gas station looks like the Hyundai they. Turned off of hwy 8. My guess is north east because turning south brings them back toward the campus

Daily Mail spoke to her - and she said she saw it on White Ave - that also means it was speeding with an imminent intersection right there.

• She found a white sedan driving 'real quick' down White Avenue before turning down a side street at around 3.45am
IMO, the car was westbound on White and than turned either left or right onto 8

White Avenue turns into Robinson Park Road. There is a large salvage yard/garage on that road. Not suggesting that it has anything to do with it, of course, but a place like that would be the perfect place to get a car and use it for something like this. If the killer did something like that, it would be virtually untraceable if LE wasn't able to get any identifying info from video, because a salvage/destruct car is essentially a non-car at that point. Better than even a stolen car/plates.

My opinion.

Here comes the cold front. Hunker down down and hold on. I pray this is not going to be bad. I also pray that LE finds this guy soon. He's a sick person and needs to be found. I edit to say I live in Texas and we have really bad storms. lol REALLY BAD,

Last edited:
Per the Daily Mail Article, she saw it going West on White Ave. Therefore, it’s possible the picture of the car is on White Ave.

It’s White Ave on one side of Rt 8 and Styner on the other side.

-
If the car was seen going west on White Avenue and turning off onto a side street, there's really only one side street it could have been, and that's Hanson Avenue, a cul-de-sac. Curiously enough, the 10/2021 Google street view shows a white Hyundai parked just at the entrance of the street, on the right side. I'm not sure if it's an Elantra, or what year it is, but it certainly resembles the car in question.

Is it possible the time of death was figured between 3am when girls stopped calling JD until 4am, around when the neighbor heard a scream? Did LE know about the scream that early on? If not, then I’d say it’s Fitbit/smart watch data. I understand that time of death is figured out from organ temp, but surely it’s usually a wider timeframe than just one hour? MOO
Could girls have been calling Jack to bring the dog home and that was his way of
coming in when everybody got in bed

IMO, the Elantra drove past 1122 King Rd and turned R and went up Queen Rd and either parked on the side of Queen Rd or in the parking area at the back. The killer entered the house via back slider, committed the murder and exited:
1) the front door and was picked up by the driver of the Elantra in front of the house or
2) the killer left the scene via the back slider, walked back to the car in the parking area or parked on the side of the road and the departed the scene from whence they came or:
3) the Elantra just happened to be dropping occupants off in the area and may have seen the killer on foot either entering the property or exiting the property or
4)the occupants of the Elantra are witnesses or
5) the Elantra and it’s occupants are a red herring.

Last edited:
IMO, the car was westbound on White and than turned either left or right onto 8

Yes.

It’s only a handful of possibilities.

Maybe the Gas St woman saw brake lights and that equated turning to her?

It’s White Ave that turns into Lynne if you make a Right - and she would be hard pressed to see that IMO. There’s a big tree on that corner (turning R or North -NW).

If the car turned Left - Blaine. Which brings up a good question why wouldn’t she say the Car turned left or right? That’s the normal thing to do.

Maybe because she’s calling Styner Ave a side street off Rt 8.

-

Awesome! Thanks

(see little arrow) Was the photo taken from this side of the business? And headed west?

View attachment 387318
To clarify for those unfamiliar, that skinny rectangular thing with the red pin labeled Exxon is the canopy covering the gas pumps; the actual Exxon building — where the cashiers, food mart, bathrooms, etc are — is to the immediate right of the canopy.

I’ve never noticed where the exterior surveillance cameras are located. Face palm.

Is it plausible that EC or XK got a ride home from the murderer? Maybe someone knew a "dealer" or called someone to the house. They could have gotten into a fight with EC or decided they would do a robbery. If EC and XK brought someone to the house somehow maybe they were crashing in one of the girls rooms so the two girls ended up in bed together. Maybe they were ok with it but maybe they were not. Could KG and MM have been calling J to talk trash about the situation. As in calling to say " I can't believe they invited this person or persons here" or " We hear them fighting downstairs" or "Can you believe they are crashing in my room" or " this guy they invited over is trying to hook up with one of us so we're sleeping together tonight" Maybe everything was ok until someone tried to touch one of the girls and EC tried to stop it and things went south. The mayor originally said this was a crime of passion. Could it be targeted in the sense that the killer was there or summoned there for a different reason but showed up under the auspices that if he drove someone home or sold someone something a girl that he happened to like would be there? Sometimes girls have a privilege and think they are "friends" with certain people and don't realize the "friend" has another thing in mind. Maybe that friend is an unsavory character from their hometown. If the wrong person was partial to a girl because of her looks and let her skate by until she had a boyfriend there who wasn't normally part of the situation (maybe the boyfriend could have been jealous on top of that) that person may not be as friendly or as lenient as he was in their previous encounters ...hypothetically speaking.

If the car was seen going west on White Avenue and turning off onto a side street, there's really only one side street it could have been, and that's Hanson Avenue, a cul-de-sac. Curiously enough, the 10/2021 Google street view shows a white Hyundai parked just at the entrance of the street, on the right side. I'm not sure if it's an Elantra, or what year it is, but it certainly resembles the car in question.
It’s a Hyundai veloster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members