ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea. But many of the Elantra owners could be eliminated, at least initially, very quickly. There is a zero percent chance IMO the suspect is a say 40yo or older female
This won’t be as easy as that… many 40 year old females will have 18 year old sons… husbands etc. with access to their car.

I was thinking maybe that white Elantra was the only car that passed in the early morning hours that they couldnt account for. It would take a long time to track down every car that passed on taylor that evening. Once they positively determined thats the only car they cant track down to a near by residence they went public with it.

ok but that taylor ave/95 isn't exactly the new jersey turnpike. especially at that hour.

Aquarian said:
I never said I thought he was following. I was remarking upon the fella that made a statement in the Fox article that seemingly felt it was the ride person. It could only be if the person changed cars, I was fascinated by his remark, and then stated that maybe the Elantra was seen on camera at 1122. That’s it.

I am sorry , I wasn't implying that you did . I may have not articulated what i was trying to say very well. I was wondering if he did follow them myself but stopped short of following them all the way. I just wanted to hear your thoughts because you sounded like you had some insight on the matter that i didn't think of.
Thanks. Nope, no insight . I was wondering if this guy had some and if any of you thought similarly. But, I guess not? Looking at Linda La, he may have his apts right on the corner of Linda and Taylor and had a good visual with his camera. No visual to 1122. So not sure why he guesstimated on the ride share .

LE has requested "video surveillance at their residence or business between 3 a.m. to 6 a.m.
on Sunday, November 13, 2022."

It has really bugged me since the beginning that LE is only requesting surveillance video starting at 3:00 am. The perp could have very possibly entered the neighborhood prior to 3:00. It just doesn't make sense to me. This is pure speculation as an example...he could have followed any one of them home at 1:45ish and waited outside the house until it looked like they all went to bed.
Sorry for not being clear earlier. I was only trying to refer you to the bolded portion of the MPD news release. Don't know if you've seen it.

Detectives are seeking all outside surveillance video taken from 3 a.m. to 6 a.m. on Sunday, November 13th, from businesses and residences within the geographical area listed below. Detectives request all available videos – whether there appears to be motion and content or not.
  • West Taylor Ave (north boundary)
  • West Palouse River Dr (south boundary)
  • Highway 95 south to the 2700 block of Highway 95 S (east boundary)
  • Arboretum & Botanical Garden (west boundary)
Detectives are also seeking additional tips and surveillance video of any unusual behavior on the night of November 12th into the early hours of November 13th while Kaylee and Madison were in downtown Moscow and while Ethan and Xana were at the Sigma Chi house. Anyone who observed unusual behavior near these areas or has video surveillance is asked to submit their tips.

Or if you knew someone who drove that vehicle, wouldnt you turn them in?
Moscow Police Capt. Roger Lanier asked for exactly that from the community (2:48 in video):

"Maybe your neighbor has one in the garage that they don't drive very often, and maybe there's one that's just not on the registration database: Let us know."

Last edited:
I believe LE knew about this white Elantra very early in the investigation.
We know that the driver who dropped M and K off was captured on camera doing so, K’s sister confirmed this early on, though unsure of where the camera was.
I believe LE have this white Elantra basically at the scene for a period of time, or as close to the scene as the camera that showed M and K being dropped off.
Likely they ruled out that driving to and from the house relatively quickly (could be a camera around the corner, a nearby street or something like that.)
I think LE kept the Elantra details quiet hoping they would crack it and then when they didn’t they’ve reached out to the public.
From LE statements, I think we can be pretty confident this car wasn’t just driving past somewhere, it was at the scene.

Two questions still come to mind that I haven't been able to find an answer to in reviewing information that has been released:
1. The locations of victims XK and EC late in the evening, early morning hours of 11/12-13 prior to their murders?
According to LE it was (initially at least) believed that they were at the Sigma Chi house from ~9:45pm-1:45am and returned home.
Idaho police zero in on movements of 2 victims who went to frat house before killings
XK's father indicates he received a call from her that she was ok ~midnight. LE appears now to be looking to fill in the gaps of where XK and EC were during the entirety of late evening, early morning especially the gap between the fraternity party and the crime. (As opposed to victims MM and KG whose locations have been pretty firmly established due to videos, and phone mobile communication to others).

2. What is meant by the remark from family that XK had "changed a lot" and "really turned around"
This could be as innocuous as saying she was acting much more responsible to possibly something more.

*Please note none of this is intended to blame the victims in any manner for their murder, but rather to learn more about victims in order to point to possible motive or opportunity.
All MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
You make really great points, I hear you. The frustration, the fear in the community, it's palpable. (An aside - A friend was killed in a high profile incident years ago and friends of mine in the media tried to interview me, spinning it so I could "tell his story". It's manipulative and sleazy and that's the concern. The families are just very vulnerable and raw. How I wish they would assign one family spokesperson to speak on behalf of all of them.) MOO/IMO

Because how are we going to keep preserve integrity in both investigations and criminal trials with so much irresponsible sleuthing and 'trial by media'? It's why WS is my goto message board, the mods and the members keep it squeaky clean. Much respect to you all!
Oh god...I'm so sorry to hear about the death of your friend. Big hug.
Assigning one spokesperson would be brilliant. Doubt the thought has even occurred to them.
It seems that families in these situations have no where to turn for advice.
It's not as if you can call the "Serial Killer Hotline", for help.
And the one attorney that's been hired doesn't seem to be much help either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste