ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was creepy, I wonder why LE didn't just turn the monitor off.
You're right very creepy and it appeared to be taken thru a window. Maybe LE hadn't gotten to it yet to check it out.

If you live in or near the area & drive a white Hyundai Elantra of the year models LE are looking at, I can see no reason other than suspicious ones for not coming forward.
IMO there are other reasons that someone would not report it (having an affair, stole it, kid joy riding, violating parole, etc.)

It has really bugged me since the beginning that LE is only requesting surveillance video starting at 3:00 am. The perp could have very possibly entered the neighborhood prior to 3:00. It just doesn't make sense to me. This is pure speculation as an example...he could have followed any one of them home at 1:45ish and waited outside the house until it looked like they all went to bed.
true, but it makes sense to start with the smallest window of time when you know he may or may not have already gone in, but you knew that whenever he went in, he had to get out. And LE knows the four were killed between 2-5 a.m. so they know the killer left and they're presuming before daylight. you start with the smallest possible pool of cars and go larger, not vice versa. just the same way you look for something you lost IMO or need to find something else specific.

Maybe your neighbor has one in the garage that they don't drive very often
That's what Ted Bundy did - pretended not to even have a car.
The twisted friendship of crime writer Ann Rule and serial ...https://www.washingtonpost.com › ...

You make really great points, I hear you. The frustration, the fear in the community, it's palpable. (An aside - A friend was killed in a high profile incident years ago and friends of mine in the media tried to interview me, spinning it so I could "tell his story". It's manipulative and sleazy and that's the concern. The families are just very vulnerable and raw. How I wish they would assign one family spokesperson to speak on behalf of all of them.) MOO/IMO

Because how are we going to keep preserve integrity in both investigations and criminal trials with so much irresponsible sleuthing and 'trial by media'? It's why WS is my goto message board, the mods and the members keep it squeaky clean. Much respect to you all!
I don't think it would be possible for four families to agree on one spokesperson for all of them, but perhaps each family could have a spokesperson, rather than having three from one family, etc.

And on the release from Moscow LE on December 12, on page 3 they say..."what occured" and "interactions, contacts, direction and method of travel" and "abnormal" stuff "could add context to what occured"

Seems to me...something occured and it centers around Ethan an Xana because LE asks about all those things in relation to Ethan and Xana specifically. IMO

"Detectives continue investigating what occurred from approximately 9 p.m. on November 12th to 1:45 a.m. on November 13th, when Ethan Chapin and Xana Kernodle were believed to be at the Sigma Chi house on the University of Idaho Campus at 735 Nez Perce Drive. Any interactions, contacts, direction and method of travel, or anything abnormal could add context to what occurred."

I think LE are onto something. And, it's in connection to Ethan and Xana's movements for sure MOO

So the video shows the girls likely drop off going past at 1:45 and then the white vehicle is seen between 2:45 and 3:15am. From this, I think we can say that M and K were not followed from the food truck or anywhere else, for that matter, as the car shows up a least 1 hour if not longer after they were brought home.

We also know that X and E returned home about 1:45 and they also were not followed. Five-hour gap in victims’ movements still unexplained weeks on from Idaho murders

From your linked article:

"Francetich said he also noticed what looked like a sedan traveling west toward 1122 King Road at around 1:45 a.m. then head back toward the highway a few minutes later. " (Likely M and K's ride from the food truck.)

"The car, which Francetich described as both "white" and "light colored" traveled west on Taylor Road sometime between 2:45 a.m. and 3:15 a.m., he said. Only a side view of the car is visible in the footage."

This indicates that, the house or one or more of the occupants were targeted by someone with a plan to kill them. Whoever it was knew where 1122 King Road was. It's not like someone randomly ran across one or more of these 4 people and decided, for some unknown reason, to follow them home and commit murder.

I'm trying to layout what happened in an orderly fashion here to understand the sequence of events.
Exactly. Killing was the plan. This person didn’t show up in the middle of the night to talk. Imo

View attachment 387869Image 1 - Approximate view of security footage from Linda Lane which captured the dark sedan (likely the private driver who dropped M and K off) passing around 1:45am and driving away again soon after. Then the white car between 2:45am and 3am.
Image 2 - Shows Linda Lane in relation to 1122 King Road
Image 3 - Shows the route from the liquor store to 1122 King Road which passes directly by this camera.
The neighbour mentioned the white car zooming past between 2:45am and 3:15am, interestingly, he did not mention it returning past as he did with the Sedan, perhaps white car left via another route. View attachment 387870View attachment 387871

There's a white sedan in the police bodycam. Looks like it was dropping off one of the kids who ended up talking to the officer. Possible that's the car that was on video. Maybe turned around therefore facing east (as it was on the video)

Absolutely I would & I’d ask them if they had contacted police themselves.
so then if they were the murderer they might think you suspected them and you might turn them in. I could see some potential downsides to that.

I'm normally a direct person, but I think that's one time I'd probably skip the questions and just dial the number LE provided.

There's been a bit of dissent here as to whether LE should have gone all around to collect all possible video, or whether citizens should have taken it upon themselves to offer it to LE.

I can only state what I would do under such circumstances.

While I do not expect the public to do the job of LE, I don't believe that is what LE is asking.

Time is of the greatest essence. Quite awhile ago, LE described the boundaries of the area that held the most interest to them and asked for the public's help.

I know if I lived in that vicinity and had Ring or any other video footage, I would have brought that to LE before it taped over. I would not need to be told twice. Whatever I could do in order to hand over possibly helpful footage, I would do in a timely manner with no problem whatsoever.

There's already so much investigating LE has to do, with all the years worth of DNA in the house, all the 22,000 white Elantras and God knows what else.

I don't think it's a burden to ask citizens to help in this way. Of course no one can be forced to due to privacy, but I'm sure many would do the same.

JUST MY OWN OPINION!

How will LE know when they have found the "one" ? What's so different about the one seen on the surveillance camera, or by eye witnesses?
Good questions.

Presumably LE has other sets of criteria (at different stages of the process of elimination) that they will use to screen vehicles in or out based on evidence they have gathered during the investigation.

Possible examples:

first batch of 22,000 = any white Elantras manufactured in 2011-2013 that are currently registered and owned by a licensed driver in Idaho + in neighboring states that share a border with Idaho and/or were reported stolen?

second batch of < 22,000 = the subset of those vehicles that are registered in Latah County or owners are permanent residents of neighboring states and temporary residents of Idaho (e.g., for academic or employment reasons) and/or who have a criminal record?

Oh god...I'm so sorry to hear about the death of your friend. Big hug.
Assigning one spokesperson would be brilliant. Doubt the thought has even occurred to them.
It seems that families in these situations have no where to turn for advice.
It's not as if you can call the "Serial Killer Hotline", for help.
And the one attorney that's been hired doesn't seem to be much help either.
Things have changed so much but I was always amazed at how many times people did want to tell their story. As a retired journalist who covered crime as well as accidents, mostly involving kids,' deaths, it did help if one person fielded all media calls. But nothing is more important than having a sense of humanity and putting the needs of the family first and not your byline.
And I guarantee you people covering these stories take them to heart.

Linda Lane, where the white vehicle was seen on video is a dead end street. I'm starting to think this does have something to do with the Fraternity, Ethan and Xana and whatever may have happened that night. Where exactly is Band Field compared to Linda Lane?

Linda Lane, where the white vehicle was seen on video is a dead end street. I'm starting to think this does have something to do with the Fraternity, Ethan and Xana and whatever may have happened that night.
i wonder in my own mind if the police do you know what happened and maybe aren’t saying but they keep asking for help so then I wonder, well, aren’t students coming forward? Are they scared? just my opinion.

That’s the Car they seek.

I thought they had to have it on
camera to know the year series and color with certainty. Further, I thought the wheel caps gave away the year series and that they likely had a side view on the Cam or Cams, which also explained the lack of a plate number.

This is the same car - and I think they probably got it on other Cams.

MOO.

Maybe thats what makes the white car so suspicious.

Last edited:

Male, 30’s, shot and killed by SWAT. Two roommates evacuated and safe. Hours long negotiation failed.

I am thinking more and more that this could be connected, moo.
Wonderful if it is!!

However, what makes you so sure that this male who was shot and killed by swat was the Idaho murder???

You may be right. Perhaps the router was taken for examination instead.
It would depend on whether the WiFi was separate for each person or a total house set up furnished by the landlord I think.

I was about to say the same thing!!! If you were innocent, would you want to bring yourself forward to clear your name, or would you want to sit back and wait for LE to come to you as you know even if you are innocent, you will be harassed and ridiculed by the public if they find out you are being questioned or talked to… if you are guilty, do you sit back and wait for them to find you and question you or do you jump on the opportunity to make yourself not look guilty?
But neighbors may gladly share if it would rid them of an anxiety that they may be living next to a murder. If not, well, the anxiety is over and may be better to be safe than sorry. I suppose it still is effective to heighten awareness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member