ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Former Coroner…I’ve followed this case since the beginning and I have to wonder where LE would be if the Coroner and LE withheld far more information about the scene. Historically releasing details including specifics from the autopsy report were unheard of my office. Giving interviews, telling families about the cause of death, and details about who was found where were things we never did. You can formulate a plan and release details strategically to solicit help from the public, but never a bolus of details about a contained scene from so many sources. The white car is an example of information requiring input from the public. I hope it yields something for them. I’m surprised there isn’t an order to stop all interviews.

The whote car appears to be significant to th investigation based on the police wanting it but has anyone ruled out the possibility of the guy using a bike? Since there is still not POI and they have not confirmed any mode of transportation of the killer getting to and from the house, has all other modes been ruled out or are there possibilities that riding a bike as a means of transport. A bike would be easier to maneuver around city cameras. He might be able to ride through more wooded areas. Just wondering if this was a possibility or a conversation.

I am sorry , I wasn't implying that you did . I may have not articulated what i was trying to say very well. I was wondering if he did follow them myself but stopped short of following them all the way. I just wanted to hear your thoughts because you sounded like you had some insight on the matter that i didn't think of.
My mind went there too. The times are only stated as 30ish minutes apart. Park a ways down the road as your mind whirls through all your thoughts, and then you Drive By.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, I don't think the man thought the white car was the girls ride or the same person. I took it as he saw the sedan that dropped off the girls and then he also saw the white car.
That could be, maybe I misunderstood .
“He suspects this may have been the "third-party driver" who dropped Goncalves and Mogen off before the slayings.”
But, maybe I don’t know what he means??

That could be, maybe I misunderstood .
“He suspects this may have been the "third-party driver" who dropped Goncalves and Mogen off before the slayings.”
But, maybe I don’t know what he means??

the article is confusing for sure. He is saying it is 2 separate cars in the video.

"We started [collecting video evidence] the day of the crime,” Capt Lanier said. “And then that expanded as we got more investigators to the area for assistance and we started putting together teams.

He added: “One of our teams’ sole jobs was to go around the King Road area, associated neighborhoods and eventually the main thoroughfares in the city of Moscow trying to identify video
.”

Idaho police say ‘patterns’ in college killing tips could help them find mystery car

LE has requested "video surveillance at their residence or business between 3 a.m. to 6 a.m.
on Sunday, November 13, 2022."

It has really bugged me since the beginning that LE is only requesting surveillance video starting at 3:00 am. The perp could have very possibly entered the neighborhood prior to 3:00. It just doesn't make sense to me. This is pure speculation as an example...he could have followed any one of them home at 1:45ish and waited outside the house until it looked like they all went to bed.
That intrigues me too. As others have mentioned, one of the victims may have been wearing a "Fibit". A homicide case was solved not too long ago where a female was wearing a Fitbit, and the device recorded a sudden, unexplained spike in blood pressure at the time of her alleged attack or death.

Soure: Dateline episode

Understood but they got info about the white elantra so that either came from video obtained from their outlined boundary (1 x 1 square mile) or it was a tip from somebody in the neighborhood. Either way, it seems like a long time from when you would expect they would get that information to when they released that info to the public. MOO.

It's not a knock on them. It's not a criticism. I'm just legitimately curious how that gap happens? Like, one of the first things you do is look at video. Ok maybe the car got through without being on camera. So then the tip was from some neighbors. Ok great but why the big gap in time to the point where we're now requesting footage from outlying areas? Again MOO.
I was thinking maybe that white Elantra was the only car that passed in the early morning hours that they couldnt account for. It would take a long time to track down every car that passed on taylor that evening. Once they positively determined thats the only car they cant track down to a near by residence they went public with it.

Yes. For sure. But, the reality is that this is affecting people's lives.
Many students are going online or not returning. This is terrible for the college but also for the town's economy.
So I think people were willing to comply to LE's requests for silence but they're reaching their limit.
I know that you weren't debating that. And what you say is 100% needed so please don't me wrong.
You make really great points, I hear you. The frustration, the fear in the community, it's palpable. (An aside - A friend was killed in a high profile incident years ago and friends of mine in the media tried to interview me, spinning it so I could "tell his story". It's manipulative and sleazy and that's the concern. The families are just very vulnerable and raw. How I wish they would assign one family spokesperson to speak on behalf of all of them.) MOO/IMO

Because how are we going to keep preserve integrity in both investigations and criminal trials with so much irresponsible sleuthing and 'trial by media'? It's why WS is my goto message board, the mods and the members keep it squeaky clean. Much respect to you all!

Still catching up so this may have been posted already, but I thought this infographic/timeline might be helpful:
Idaho murders timeline - Infogram

Screenshot of just a small portion of it to give you an idea...

1671153930664.png

I found the infographic in a Fox article about the gas station video footage (scroll to the bottom of the page):

Aquarian said:
I never said I thought he was following. I was remarking upon the fella that made a statement in the Fox article that seemingly felt it was the ride person. It could only be if the person changed cars, I was fascinated by his remark, and then stated that maybe the Elantra was seen on camera at 1122. That’s it.

I am sorry , I wasn't implying that you did . I may have not articulated what i was trying to say very well. I was wondering if he did follow them myself but stopped short of following them all the way. I just wanted to hear your thoughts because you sounded like you had some insight on the matter that i didn't think of.
Thanks. Nope, no insight . I was wondering if this guy had some and if any of you thought similarly. But, I guess not? Looking at Linda La, he may have his apts right on the corner of Linda and Taylor and had a good visual with his camera. No visual to 1122. So not sure why he guesstimated on the ride share .

Aquarian said:
I never said I thought he was following. I was remarking upon the fella that made a statement in the Fox article that seemingly felt it was the ride person. It could only be if the person changed cars, I was fascinated by his remark, and then stated that maybe the Elantra was seen on camera at 1122. That’s it.

Thanks. Nope, no insight . I was wondering if this guy had some and if any of you thought similarly. But, I guess not? Looking at Linda La, he may have his apts right on the corner of Linda and Taylor and had a good visual with his camera. No visual to 1122. So not sure why he guesstimated on the ride share .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7