ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or taken to a chop shop. That happens in several cities and states, but not to sure it happens often, if ever, in Idaho. Figured I'd throw another something to consider ;)
IMO if there's crime in an area, there's a chop shop near enough. if you're going to live a life of crime, probably an untraceable or not easily traceable vehicle is top of the Christmas list imo for the truly committed.

But how did they get to specifically a 2011-2013 White Elantra - not a light colored, an oft-used term in LE?

Had to be captured on Cam.

MOO
The subject was questioned by police. In my opinion only, he may have given further detail at that time.

But how did they get to specifically a 2011-2013 White Elantra - not a light colored, an oft-used term in LE?

Had to be captured on Cam.

MOO
Yes, there are distinctions on each model year-note the curve of the back window (circled) among other differences. The video from Linda Lane (which prompted the information disclosed by LE about the car) hasn’t been released so there is probably a distinction visible and the color is easily discernible. JMO

Attachments

• C15D3008-4B36-482C-9544-D1543C55F026.jpeg
    C15D3008-4B36-482C-9544-D1543C55F026.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 692FE91B-ACB6-45D3-BD9A-439F69AEB3D6.jpeg
    692FE91B-ACB6-45D3-BD9A-439F69AEB3D6.jpeg
    62.8 KB · Views: 9
I'm sorry, isn't this K&M at the food truck? The tweet is dated Dec. 17th but we have known this for a couple weeks now, right? Or am I missing something?
The new video is apparently of K&M walking with hoodie guy prior to the food truck.

Brief theory, JMO and as a prompt to rethink:
The killer is in the Hyundai all along but his sidekick lives in the neighborhood such that the sidekick can actually view at least the back entrance, the sliding door arrangement on the second and third level and possibly portion of the back balcony and thus Maddie's room.
The (4) victims are seen in the home that night and sidekick signals the killer: Maybe not even by phone.
Killer drops car somewhere beyond view of immediate cameras and hikes to back door. After crime, returns to car and gets out of Dodge. Maybe to east?
Killer is from out of town but Sidekick is the planner and in arranging things with killer has had killer view house from a number of vantage points that were in effect all the bedroom windows, and the stack of sliding doors.
Thus Hyundai is actually an out of town vehicle and there would not be any prior video of it from the neighborhood of the house. Car may have been stolen but more likely, was wearing a false set of plates that night and has subsequently been destroyed or drowned.
Sidekick is the psychopath. Killer is a weak minded acolyte.
Well, JMO if that's the case, then either killer is dead now because sidekick is a psychopath with no desire to be caught and/or one or the other will be able to do a really good plea bargain in exchange for information on their partner in crime JMO.

I'm sorry, isn't this K&M at the food truck? The tweet is dated Dec. 17th but we have known this for a couple weeks now, right? Or am I missing something?
Oh wow. New audio. IMO it seems that Maddie told Adam something, and Kaylee is upset about it <modsnip: Sleuthing non POIs and their social media is not allowed>

Last edited by a moderator:
What am I missing. That footage has been available from a day or two after the murders. What is significant about that footage today?

"At this time in the investigation, detectives do not believe the following are involved in this crime:

• Two surviving roommates,
• Male in the Grub Truck surveillance video,
• Private party driver who took Kaylee and Madison home on November 13th ,
• The male Kaylee and Madison called numerous times during the early morning hours of November 13th,
• Any individual at the residence when 911 was called, or
• The individual on the lease who moved out of the residence before the school year started and was not present at the time of the incident."

I thought (and even commented) the same thing, but this is a newly surfaced security cam video that was found of the girls walking (I think) to the food truck. The food truck photos of the girls was only posted to show them to be the same girls (or girls to have the same or similar characteristics/clothing) as the ones in this new video.

Yeah, I'm thinking the perp was in and out within 15 minutes. Any longer would have been a risk.

Since the victims were sleeping the killer probably could have incapacitated each in a second with one swipe of the knife. They were stabbed multiple times, it was likely very fast.
The one situation where I can envision a longer visit by the killer is if he didn’t know about the two downstairs roommates. If he thought he was alone in the house after the murders, he may have thought it was safe to hang around without being discovered. If part of his motive was a feeling of power, he may have even been inclined to stay a while and revel in what he had done.

LEGALITY? TASERS & STUN GUNS IN IDAHO.
Is it a kind of taser?....
Are they legal?
snipped for focus. @Dotta Part 2 of my answer to your post.
Briefly, from my understanding of ID. statutes* "taser, stun-gun, pepper spray or mace" are not illegal to possess in the state.

As always, welcoming correction or clarification, esp'ly from out legal professionals.

* Section 18-3302 – Idaho State Legislature
AND
Idaho’s Concealed Weapons Law at A Glance
I.C. 18-3302
Effective July 1, 2019
AND

Last edited:
Oh wow. New audio. IMO it seems that Maddie told Adam something, and Kaylee is upset about it <modsnip: Sleuthing non POIs and their social media is not allowed>
Does she say, “I told Adam everything” or “I told Adam I know everything” ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, I just found out about this case. It's a lot to read so I hope you don't mind answering some questions I have here. I am wondering why the police ruled out the roommates so fast? What cleared them?

Also, how did one killer stab four people, were they tied up? Do they know how many killers there were? What do the police know? Sounds like a Ted Bundy Kind of situation.

(Q&A with Moscow neighbor)
(KTVB video day after the murders)

I believe the
Elantra tip could be a red herring offered up by someone to sway the investigation in a different direction.

In the KTVB video a white, possible Elantra is seen driving down the street behind the reporter. In the video it is also stated, erroneously, one of the victims is from Arizona. (It was corrected later to state all victims were from Idaho.)

In the Q&A, which was conducted AFTER the KTVB segment, the subject says he saw a white Elantra and he also spotted a license plate in the parking complex from Arizona, or he said maybe it was Montana or Colorado.

In my opinion only, he is injecting himself into the investigation and repeating information that he gleaned from other sources and never personally saw.

The white vehicle lead must still be followed up though, if only for it to be eliminated, if need be.
A (blurry) screenshot of the white car seen around the 3 minute mark in upper right corner of the KTVB video. Source:

Attachments

• E21EA101-0BDA-4891-BD0D-F7EC409B7FF2.jpeg
    E21EA101-0BDA-4891-BD0D-F7EC409B7FF2.jpeg
    27.7 KB · Views: 46
Hello, I just found out about this case. It's a lot to read so I hope you don't mind answering some questions I have here. I am wondering why the police ruled out the roommates so fast? What cleared them?

Also, how did one killer stab four people, were they tied up? Do they know how many killers there were? What do the police know? Sounds like a Ted Bundy Kind of situation.
Best thing to do is to visit the media thread to get current. All of the answers to all of your questions are way up in the air according to what's been officially released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay