ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if the unsub was watching the victims in the food truck video at 1:45AM, and packed his things, then drove 18 min from Troy or 35min from Kendrick, in time to be seen moving toward the house around 2:45?

Possible......could also be a local that was watching the live stream from the food truck as a means to stalk the two victims.....saw them leave, knew they would be home in matter of minutes....then proceeded to the house, possibly walking, to set up there and wait......all MOO.

If the killer was somebody in the social circle / student might they have still had a way to get out without blood on themselves if they weren't prepared? Thoughts? I guess my question is - does this rule out a student or peer? Or not necessarily?
Moo

Considering we don't know anything about the crime scene I would not rule out anything or anyone.

For all we know the killer may of left a trail of their own blood from room to room and out the door they left. I don't believe the police would tell us if they did. They also might not know yet. They could still be waiting on lab results.

We don't know what we don't know.

I think they were there but did not want to fess up because they were afraid. I also assume the lease was under Maddys name.
I’m sure you’re right about that but it makes me wonder how many kids are honest with authorities anywhere in the world. I’m not condemning anybody I’m just saying, it’s better to be honest.

The 22,000 number...
@645,000 Elantras sold 2011-2013 in the US
Idaho has one half of one percent of the US population
So that is @32,500 2011-2013 Elantras sold in Idaho.
They came in ten colors, one being white. Say white was average
@3,250 2011-2013 white Elantras sold in Idaho

Even if they don't get totalled, a low $$ figure bar as that car ages, the lifespan of Elantras is on average 10 years/$150k. (doesn't pay to put a new engine/tranny in) So....maybe half of them should be off the road by now.

Even conservatively, that is like 2,000.

Wow, I was assuming LE is following tips on 22,000 Elantra’s that “follow the criteria” As they have said.
I assumed that if they were specific on the years 2011-2013 the criteria would only include those currently registered and on the road, and white or similar color?
Is that not the case? 22,000 does sound like a LOT of white Elantras 2011-2013 in Idaho

What hasn’t been said is how many doors.
2 door model or 4 door model?

Knowing the number of doors would cut the 22,000 down significantly. Stock photos on MSM show 4 door models, but the image from the gas station looks like could be either.

Anyone have insight into how many doors it may have?

JMO

Last edited:
Because of this, IMO this guy likely practiced driving this route in the days/weeks before. I believe LE’s comment about looking for “patterns” may relate to this.
Excellent observation, and exactly IMO.JMO but this may be how LE decided to pursue the Troy/Kendrick connections, too. Not the most obvious locations IMO.

The reason to not come forward would be fear. In this scenario, they have critical information but are not involved in the crime. Also in this scenario, the killer may be looking for them as well as LE.
IDK, JMO, but if my choices are 1) Quadruple murderer on the loose who knows my identity and that I could ID them to LE or 2) going to LE with critical info to get the murderer arrested, I'm going to choose door #2 and then get the heck out of dodge or LE protection or something, but I'm not going to rely on the trust and goodwill of a quadruple murderer throughout the rest of my life which would probably not be that long since if the killer could do 4, he could easily add a 5th to the collection. All JMO of course.

Why didn't the Elantra return via Taylor Avenue? Was it because of the police presence?
JMO but if I'm planning a quadruple murder and don't want to get caught, I'm going to use two different routes, because then even if I am seen on cameras, it's harder to follow me, and I am definitely not going to and from my own house. JMO but I would choose an unlikely route both ways, not tied to my front doorstep, and not returning the way I came would be a small piece of that JMO IMO.

IMO, chances are that the Elantra passed the police car on Taylor Ave (near Linda Lane and King Street) on its way towards the house between 2:45 and 3:15. Police body cam recorded an incident there from 2:53 till 3:15.
There was a white car in the police body cam video, but I don't think it was an Elantra.

Wouldn't some of those things be acquired via subpoena rather than warrant, though? (Not a lawyer)
When I hear the word 'subpoena' I think of it as a mandatory invite to court (as in somebody who's been subpoenaed best show up otherwise that person can be held in contempt). We don't know of any court dates yet (that Im aware of, at least). So, we haven't gotten to the subpoena part, YET.

Warrants mean probable cause to look for something as in somebody, or something (like banking info, for instance), and probably do have information investigators are looking for and a judge agrees, so he'll sign-off on it; giving investigators and prosecutors the right to use items listed in warrants in court. No warrant = no using in court.

Also, not a lawyer (so this is, of course, my opinion and speculation). But, I do watch a bunch of lawyers nearly every night -actual lawyers who break things down, not tv shows.

I don't know about that. Wouldn't the parents be able to give their consent for the cell phones, especially if their "child" was still on their parents' service. I understand that each of these "children" were over the age of 18 and were adults, but if it's the parents' plan, I don't know if that matters. I would think that these search warrants are for the cell phone records of individuals whom LE needed to investigate in order to clear them. People who were possible suspects by virtue of being seen with the victims or being in their inner circle. I would think that search warrants could have been sought for the vehicles and homes of some of these same people and/or to obtain DNA swabs from them.
it does matter jmo. even with children, parents can only give consent if they regularly search and have access to the minor's phone

adding this link, too, because interesting IMO, esp the border part: Know Your Rights

imo the killer crossed into canada, he would have needed to do so PDQ because now that the alerts are out, IMO it would be incredibly difficult and border searches are not subject to the same rules.

Last edited:
From some Google searching, it looks to me like a subpeona requires an individual or company to do or provide something, vs a warrant which allows LE to do/ get something.

"A subpoena may require the individual to do any or all of the following:

a. Testify at a trial, hearing, or other judicial proceeding;

b. Produce records including papers, books, or other physical items, or stored electronic information including email, files, activity logs, and data;

c. Appear at a deposition for questioning before trial and/or produce documents at the deposition."

(Bolding mine, source: Subpoenas, Court Orders and Search Warrants - Legal Affairs)

Edited to add: my only point here is that the number of warrants is likely only a small subset of all the various types of records/ info requests that are underway.

Last edited:
Lawyer Shanon Grey is a former prosecutor ( DDA Multnomah County)
Grey would already know why it wouldn't necessarily be ' cowardly' to refuse to disclose gender in this live investigation

He didn't give an interview where he called anyone a coward, he had a moment where he got frustrated and said something that was then reported out of context. IMO, that's hella better than what was happening two weeks ago...

There are three body cam videos shown of the same event on Sept 1. The first floor bedroom to the right of the front door was not lived in at the time, despite both surviving residents being present since mid-August.

The body cam videos were obtained through a FOIA request for 1122 Queen Street, which is often mistaken for King Street. Apparently there are more videos from other dates.
There is no 1122 Queen Street

Was there someone jealous enough knowing they may not be a part of her life or future anymore, panicking that everything was all but lost? We have seen similar cases like this in the past.
I certainly can't recall any cases of jealousy causing someone to sneak into a house and butcher 4 people in their beds.

He didn't give an interview where he called anyone a coward, he had a moment where he got frustrated and said something that was then reported out of context. IMO, that's hella better than what was happening two weeks ago...
5 days earlier, Fox News exclusive interview

EXCLUSIVE: The father of slain University of Idaho student Kaylee Goncalves told Fox News Digital that the victims had "big open gouges" that were clearly the work of a "sadistic male" and called police "cowards" for not sharing more with the public.

"They're just being cowards. There are girls walking around the street right now that deserve to know. They should be looking out for a sadistic male."

— Steve Goncalves, Kaylee's father, said of police not sharing more

No retraction or correction from Fox - links still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia