ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is something that bothers me about the recently released video.

Fox Digital released all of the audio, but, according to their article, only used a few frame captures, not the actual video in order to protect the "source". They published their source for the video, but supposedly are protecting the original "source". Why? They made no effort to protect "Adam". LE knows the original source of this video that they had had for weeks. Who is Fox protecting and why?

It seems to me as if someone, the Facebook page, for example, wants to "out" someone named "Adam".
Or who are they not protecting? Maybe LE wanted this info out in the public?

If a guilty party owns the car, I feel it has been abandoned, driven in to a lake somewhere or painted a different color. Innocent party I would have thought would have driven it to the Police station to clear themselves and move the investigation along.
This type of thought leads me to believe the perp, if the car occupant(s) is indeed the perp, must live a small life. By that I mean if someone has even a small handful of close friends/family it is going to be noticed if they suddenly decide to paint their car or if it suddenly disappears. If they bought a burner car for this crime that’s a good deal of preparation - again, something someone with friends and family around aren’t likely to pull off undetected, especially with the hindsight of this case in the national media. IMO the perp(s) of this crime has little to no intimate social ties, and that anonymity is both the cause and the opportunity that fostered this tragedy.

It seems to me as if someone, the Facebook page, for example, wants to "out" someone named "Adam".
SBM. While K's parents, according to Fox News, already cleared him of involvement (but earlier opined that some people had been cleared by LE too quickly).

I wouldn't call it fall out.
He has simply clarified the facts and he did it coherently and he did it well.
My heart goes out to all the parents and loved ones.
There doesn't appear to be an end in sight.
Agreed. No fallout. In fact, I think this is one of the most level-headed interviews I've heard. He heads OFF the rumor that this is a big deal, and says they've known this for awhile and the bartender is not a POI. He also acknowledges that LE are doing their best.

If anything, I think this interview helps to cool off rumors and to encourage respect for LE and the whole process.

I can't think of a reason LE would want the video released. It will only create more speculation and harassment on line. Everyone now knows this person's name, thanks to whoever released the video.
It just creates more work for LE when they need to focus on the investigation. Imo

There is a technique of "sweating" someone one, where pressure is applied to a suspect. This can be direct pressure from an overt authority (i.e., police in a uniform), or from general public pressure (i.e., the press showing up at the door asking for an interview). And in our generation there is the additional drive for clicks in the algorithm of views in social media and in the press.

Repost (#32) because I did not give a source. Here's the quote and source.
"The investigation into the brutal stabbing deaths of four University of Idaho students is slow and painstaking because the killer was “sloppy” and left a “mess” of evidence behind, according to the parents of a victim.

“They’re telling us that there’s so much evidence that it’s going to take a lot of time to process it all,” Steve Goncalves told Fox News on Sunday."

NY POST SOURCE: Univ. of Idaho killer was ‘sloppy,’ left ‘mess’ of evidence, victim’s family says

My comment was I did not think the killer was sloppy, that he planned this.

If LE established the direction the Hyundai left town and were trying to locate it: they would likely follow the last main road where they knew the vehicle had travelled in a given direction, to the next appropriate security camera and see if the car was recorded by that camera at the appropriate time: and repeat until they had image of the same road at the right time, but no Hyundai went by. That probably would not be done sitting in a car: some LE would be dispatched to find all recordings and somebody back in Moscow would be charged with analysis and potentially, re-assignment if they did not lose the car by the time they ran out of video.

I tracked Hwy 8 as it entered and exited Troy and Hwy 99 as it entered and teed into 3 at Kendrick; as well as Hwy 8 as it entered and exited Deary via Google...Once you have gotten to either Kedrick or Deary there are a whole lot of options on routes you could then take to the North or South, and those could lead you around and back to the West. But Eastbound, there is only Rte 12 or Hwy 90 both of which lead to Missoula. Between those, within a big triangle, all routes East end in the forest...

if the car got East of Troy and was still being recorded, then fell off recordings before it hit those main routes: its in the forest or ponds in the forest....

Yes!

There has to be more Cam footage than traveling on Taylor. And some think they allude to that by saying it was seen in the immediate area of the crime scene in the early morning hours.

They should release this week the path they think he took away (if cameras picked him up), so the public can focus on cars in that area.

Narrow down the focus

If he borrowed a car with keys under the mat, he returned it the same night.
I thought the camera pointing from Linda Lane to Taylor Ave was considered an immediate area. Are there any cameras closer to the scene? Also, I wonder how many other cars were traveling down Taylor Ave during the time period in question and if they were all cleared. Why didn't the Elantra return via Taylor Avenue? Was it because of the police presence?

It takes specialized equipment to capture images of license plates from moving cars. Red light and other cameras are controversial and even outlawed in some places. Many communities that used to have red light cameras have since removed them. [Wikipedia: Red Light camera decrease since 2012 in the USA]

Someone will be along any second to let us know whether Idaho allows them, and whether Moscow in particular has any.
Indiana and Ohio use Flock license plate reading cameras, and several crimes have been solved recently with Flock camera systems.

They may be having difficulties locating and notifying next of kin. The won't release the name until all family members have been properly notified.

Isn't there a law that the name has to be released?
Naive question - where is it found if the police website doesn't have it? Does the coroner release the list of those died on such-and-such date?
It is the question for several cases. I think that in every such case, the police has to add the name to the original report about the incident.

Citation? MPD has never claimed it to be "a witness vehicle" to my knowledge. MPD:
They did say this:
We're looking for that car because we believe, through our investigation, that that car was in the area at the time of the murders. And we also believe that the occupant or occupants may have seen something; they may not know they have seen something...

Source

i think this may have been a thrill kill. With the motive being to kill them. After killing the four the killer got tired and left. I dont think the killer left any DNA of their own. the killer was probably wearing a suit of some kind, like a scuba diving suit. Something to prevent their Dna from falling out. But they were covered with the victims DNA. The killer removed the outfit and put it in something like a trash bag and burned it after leaving.

THE ABOVE ALL MOO AND SPECULATION ON MY PART. NOTHING POSTED AS FACTS.
I had the exact same type of suit theory. easiest, quiet, some are cut-proof, and warm if he was waiting outside, and sweat/other dna sealed in. imo jmi too - nothing based on fact.

From September 2022. Noise complaint for 1122 King. Body cam footage.
I am not a car person can any of you tell if the white car in the above video is the same make, model, year that the police are looking for?

Btw I highly recommend skipping most of this video and jumping to somewhere around the 40min or 50min mark. The whole thing is a bit drawn out.

Something I think worth noting is how dark it actually is around that house at night. That really jumped out at me. What also jumped out at me is the back sliders are the most lit area outside of the house.

One last point about the video that I found useful. I found it put the claim that it was a party house into better context for me.

I hope this video survives moderator review it is useful footage imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member