ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They did say this:
We're looking for that car because we believe, through our investigation, that that car was in the area at the time of the murders. And we also believe that the occupant or occupants may have seen something; they may not know they have seen something...

Source
The car was "there" according to PIO

Yes!

There has to be more Cam footage than traveling on Taylor. And some think they allude to that by saying it was seen in the immediate area of the crime scene in the early morning hours.

They should release this week the path they think he took away (if cameras picked him up), so the public can focus on cars in that area.

Narrow down the focus

If he borrowed a car with keys under the mat, he returned it the same night.

Agree. The public can - and has on many occasions - helped LE hone in on details like that. It tells me they either know who did this and have a really good idea of what happened and where the car generally traveled, or they are getting bad advice from someone about "potentially compromising the investigation' by releasing it (which is what K's dad is so frustrated with).

My opinion.

Speculation

What if they had one of these parties with 30+ people - and a current or former student (or University employee) shows up and is happy, and one of the girls quietly tells a guy, I don’t want him here.

The guy takes the opportunity to show off and with two friend they approach the guy, and say - you have to go - Now.

The guy leaves under threat for force, but feels humiliated.

MOO.

IDK if I linked these correctly or not, but back in the day when we were only on thread #20, @OldCop and I discussed this potential 'monitoring' option. IMO JMO the killer could have easily placed these during one of his recon missions. clearly, we do not know if this happened, but it would explain a lot.

ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 20

50 divided by four equals 12.5 warrants per victim. Considering each victim's FB, tiktok, instagram, vsco, modem history, personal vehicle, banking history, cell phone data, etc would require a warrant. 50 warrants sounds totally reasonable and not unexpected. imo
Wouldn't some of those things be acquired via subpoena rather than warrant, though? (Not a lawyer)

Some are posting as if ‘dive bar’ is in and of itself something Nefarious. Not in my experience
Dive bars are locally owned bars frequented by students mix with locals who are regulars
The most popular dive bars I’ve frequented were owned by alum from the local university
- no cover charge, low cover charge on live music night,
- cheap drink specials and ice cold beer focus, some beer on tap,
- electronic trivia games are popular,
- karaoke on some nights, live music by young artists,
- small dance floor,
- darts, pool table,
- places to sit and smoke outside no matter the weather,
- grilled basic food menu.

What is not at diver bars- top shelf cocktails and a selection of expensive cigars

JMO
Imo, Dive Bars are the best. I won't go anywhere else.

The car was "there" according to PIO
Again, the car's occupants are being characterized as potential witnesses:

Naturally they were there at the right place at the right time to potentially see some sort of activity. Like a lot of our tips are made sometimes people don't know if what they are providing is critical information, but we still want that information because as we piece everything together we have specific things we are looking for.

Repost (#32) because I did not give a source. Here's the quote and source.
"The investigation into the brutal stabbing deaths of four University of Idaho students is slow and painstaking because the killer was “sloppy” and left a “mess” of evidence behind, according to the parents of a victim.

“They’re telling us that there’s so much evidence that it’s going to take a lot of time to process it all,” Steve Goncalves told Fox News on Sunday."

NY POST SOURCE: Univ. of Idaho killer was ‘sloppy,’ left ‘mess’ of evidence, victim’s family says

My comment was I did not think the killer was sloppy, that he planned this.
Sloppy could also mean it was trampled all over by the many people who came into the residence before and after the 911 call.

Not necessarily. If he put his outer clothes, gloves, shoes in a garbage bag, then tossed it in the trunk, wouldn’t look out of the ordinary.

May not have changed shoes, but the rest seems like a possibility.
In all honesty, if the killer had prepared ahead of time, they sell foot booties that are waterproof and go all the way to the knee. Using those along with a pair of painters coveralls, a ski mask or hair net, and a pair of surgical type gloves can all be purchased for under $100. The killer could of been wearing a white suit underneath and walked out without a spot on them and leaving behind no biological evidence.

All those items can be easily destroyed as well. I'm thinking even the knife can be altered so it can't be matched to the crime.

Imo, an arrest and conviction looks grimmer every day that passes.

Last edited:
I am not a car person can any of you tell if the white car in the above video is the same make, model, year that the police are looking for?

Btw I highly recommend skipping most of this video and jumping to somewhere around the 40min or 50min mark. The whole thing is a bit drawn out.

Something I think worth noting is how dark it actually is around that house at night. That really jumped out at me. What also jumped out at me is the back sliders are the most lit area outside of the house.

One last point about the video that I found useful. I found it put the claim that it was a party house into better context for me.

I hope this video survives moderator review it is useful footage imo
very interesting footage. It’s kind of like who did live there?

There is a technique of "sweating" someone one, where pressure is applied to a suspect. This can be direct pressure from an overt authority (i.e., police in a uniform), or from general public pressure (i.e., the press showing up at the door asking for an interview). And in our generation there is the additional drive for clicks in the algorithm of views in social media and in the press.
Exactly!

50 divided by four equals 12.5 warrants per victim. Considering each victim's FB, tiktok, instagram, vsco, modem history, personal vehicle, banking history, cell phone data, etc would require a warrant. 50 warrants sounds totally reasonable and not unexpected. imo
I wonder if each warrant is about the victims only, or if other warrants are for suspects personal data? And, maybe other warrants were issued for some businesses to turn over transaction data related to the larger investigation?

very useful

So Idaho MV investigators will already have narrowed it down to the - couple of hundred? - owned by residents in Moscow ( excluding owners within the student population) and have moved on to look at neighbouring towns.
( Idaho State population c 2 million, Moscow population 25k)

Idaho Transportation Department has its own investigators as does the DMV ( who do assist LE)
JMO IMO they would include WA state as well, just over the border.
easy commute.

In all honesty, if the killer had prepared ahead of time, they sell foot booties that are waterproof and go all the way to the knee. Using those along with a pair of painters coveralls, a ski mask or hair net, and a hair of surgical type gloves can all be purchased for under $100. The killer could of been wearing a white suit underneath and walked out without a spit on them and leaving behind no biological evidence.

All those items can be easily destroyed as well. I'm thinking even the knife can be altered so it can't be matched to the crime.

Imo, an arrest and conviction looks grimmer every day that passes.
If the killer was somebody in the social circle / student might they have still had a way to get out without blood on themselves if they weren't prepared? Thoughts? I guess my question is - does this rule out a student or peer? Or not necessarily?

If the killer was somebody in the social circle / student might they have still had a way to get out without blood on themselves if they weren't prepared? Thoughts? I guess my question is - does this rule out a student or peer? Or not necessarily?
Will be interesting when this case is solved. Part of me thinks it’s someone that liked K., maybe a third wheel kind of thing. maybe. My opinion.

! Nice catch, my bad! No coffee :)

The real unknown (for me) is how many survive.....those <modsnip> weren't built to last. I hear 10 years, 150k, that probably takes out half of them. And then there is the very real question of whether Idaho bought at the rate of the rest of the country....I see F-150s doing better there. Ten years ago Korean sedans were not exactly the top of mind purchase for snowy mountainous states. Then again, for all I know white is the most popular color by 50 percent, not ten.
You're off by a factor of 10. One-half of one percent of 645,000 is 3,250, not 32,500, and ten percent of 3,250 is just 325.

But they aren't just looking a white Elantras registered in Idaho. I'm sure that's where they're starting, but people move without updating their registrations, people travel, etc., so they'll check out every registered white Elantra in the country if that's what it takes.

My concern is that they might not be able to identify this specific Elantra even if they find it. They'll probably start by interviewing the owner of each white Elantra in northern Idaho, and if they interview the killer, but he's a glib talker with no criminal record, then they might pass over him without their suspicions being aroused.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't some of those things be acquired via subpoena rather than warrant, though? (Not a lawyer)
(not a lawyer, either) So subpoenas for personal info and warrants for CCTV data, etc? I'm still not finding 50 warrants unexpected. Thanks @ptandj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia