ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it bears repeating, because there are so many threads and so many posts that it can get lost, that the fact there was a problem with the locks means that a locksmith might have been called in.
Problem with the locks has never been confirmed by LE. X's father himself is yet to confirm/deny (publicly) what the mother stated about fixing the lock.

Try turning your volume way up and listening, there are two lower tones before the word "everything."
I'm not hearing it. I don't have headphones though and I have listened as far as my volume goes. So who knows if my ears are playing tricks or my audio output isn't the best for this particular instance.

As someone else said in the thread though, and it's my opinion too, that the audio and video together makes little sense. Almost as if the audio as they bypass the camera (when they can be heard the best) was put together with the video of them entering the camera's range in the first place so that there is a more compelling marriage of audio and video.

What I find hard to believe is how fortunate the killer was.

To choose the night when no party was occurring - when this was a common event for this house.

What a lucky break he got.

Is every house with 4-6 people around there having parties.

He must have been in this area a lot to increase his chances for this particular ideal situation to present itself. No parties that night. If it's just a random target a house full of young people.

I can't imagine when they do have parties that its quite by 1.56am.

I am guessing if a noise complaint has been issued to this house before it's because the noise is happening at an inconvenient time when people want to be sleeping. Early hours of the morning. Maybe just wondering?? MOO

It is also indicative of pathological stalking, IMO, because the only way he would've known that that night was his opportunity to fulfill his fantasy is if he had studied their prior patterns well and patiently laid in wait for the right opportunity.

My opinion.

Again, the car's occupants are being characterized as potential witnesses:

Naturally they were there at the right place at the right time to potentially see some sort of activity. Like a lot of our tips are made sometimes people don't know if what they are providing is critical information, but we still want that information because as we piece everything together we have specific things we are looking for.
IMO, So in other words, if you were selling pot that night, we don’t care because we need to know what you saw near that house.

Well now, NY Post put out an article yesterday stating that the body cam footage made by police busting those underage drinkers the night of the murders picked up a very faint scream that I think may (or may not) coincide with when the neighbor claimed to have heard it.

I, personally, have not heard it because I don't have noise reduction head phones, which may be needed.
ETA: Oops, I replied to the wrong post.

Yes! This! This is why I suspect a neighbor. Other neighbors who have been interviewed commented on it being an unusually quiet night.

IMO, if the white car on the gas station footage has not been confirmed to be a Hyundai Elantra, it is probably not related to the murders. There was a white Elantra seen earlier that night driving westbound on Taylor Avenue and caught on camera as it passed Linda Lane. Is this the car that was seen near the scene of the crime. If it is, than that is the vehicle that LE is interested in.
I posted this before, but I’m personally certain the gas station car is not an Elantra. Elantras (top photo), like most cars, have the A pillar (the pillar that runs up the side of the windshield to the roof) painted to match the car. The gas station car (middle photo) has a black A pillar, more like a Veloster (bottom photo). I personally don’t think that’s from the dark, I believe if it were white it would follow the line of the roof. The taillights appear deeper than an Elantra as well.

That said, I’m also personally not convinced they have 100% certainty they’re even looking for an Elantra - from what I’ve gathered they’re basing it on eyewitness testimony or maybe video, both in the middle of the night, and little white compact cars aren’t exactly easy to differentiate with your own two eyes in the daylight, let alone at 2 am or whatever. All just my opinion of course, but I definitely have my doubts. :shrug:

5E07EEE6-16E6-4EBD-B8C4-9D998582F670.jpeg

The 22,000 are just for the state of Idaho within the date range of 2011 - 2013. There are literally more than 100,000 sold per year in the USA and in some years more than 200,000 are sold. Hyundai Elantra US car sales figures. LE has NOT been able to find a likely vehicle in this case. Maybe it is from another state and it could have been stolen as far back as 2011.
If the attack was planned in advance, the car might not even be white. If a really cagey perp had (for example) a black car, they could have wrapped/peel painted it white for the crime, then removed the wrap. It would be a great way to throw LE off.

In all honesty, if the killer had prepared ahead of time, they sell foot booties that are waterproof and go all the way to the knee. Using those along with a pair of painters coveralls, a ski mask or hair net, and a pair of surgical type gloves can all be purchased for under $100. The killer could of been wearing a white suit underneath and walked out without a spot on them and leaving behind no biological evidence.

All those items can be easily destroyed as well. I'm thinking even the knife can be altered so it can't be matched to the crime.

Imo, an arrest and conviction looks grimmer every day that passes.
(not a lawyer, either) So subpoenas for personal info and warrants for CCTV data, etc? I'm still not finding 50 warrants unexpected. Thanks @ptandj
Subpoenas are for witnesses called into court givenout by attorneys? Warrants are issued by Police for evidence or suspects? Is that the difference? LE=warrants/Attorneys=subpoenas?

I posted this before, but I’m personally certain the gas station car is not an Elantra. Elantras (top photo), like most cars, have the A pillar (the pillar that runs up the side of the windshield to the roof) painted to match the car. The gas station car (middle photo) has a black A pillar, more like a Veloster (bottom photo). I personally don’t think that’s from the dark, I believe if it were white it would follow the line of the roof. The taillights appear deeper than an Elantra as well.
I think the picture is way too blurry and pixel-ish to actually tell what car it is. It certainly resembles an Elantra, like many other cars do, but as to whether it is or not is something I think it's impossible to tell given the photo quality. Either way a car resembling what is being searched driving by a very small town on Sunday at 3:45 AM close to the crime scene is certainly some coincidence, regardless of whether it is THE car or something unrelated.
Who is ONS?
Original Night Stalker. In my humble opinion, the primary example when it comes to how an organized killer works.

IMO, So in other words, if you were selling pot that night, we don’t care because we need to know what you saw near that house.
They say this on 48 Hours all the time. Homicide detectives don't care about pot, when their investigating a murder. I still think people  think they will get in trouble though. IMO.

I took a walk on Google Earth from Corner Club south on Main toward where the Grub Truck is located.
In the video I can see these things
- east side of the street
- they’ve passed a small awning above a business
- there is a poster with a large capital “I” in yellow advertising Univ of Idaho.
- the building they are walking past has a long front
- west side of street in distance is large triangle building

I think they may have just crossed 95 and are passing the first building along the Main sidewalk toward the GrubTruck. Across the street from 115 N Main, there is a larger building with a small dark colored awning with circle CJs. Has Calamity Janes painted on the wall.
The building is white faced with dark brown or purple bottom. There is a capital “I” yellow flag on the light pole advertising the school. Three trees between sidewalk and street.
I can see a camera mounted on the wall past an awning near the corner of the building under a flag pole. It looks like that could be it, probably motion activated.
The next building would be Lodgepole.
- large triangle building in the back on the west side of street is Moscow Water Works

Interesting, the conversation was not long after the left the Corner Club.
The hwy 95 would be a block to the east, that is likely the background noise.

JMO
The iconic CJ’s closed in 2016 & was purchased by a private christian college about a year later. That’s who owns that building now.

Where memories are made – CJ’s Nightclub closes its doors
NSA Completes the Purchase of CJ's in Downtown Moscow | New Saint Andrews College

That said, I’m also personally not convinced they have 100% certainty they’re even looking for an Elantra - from what I’ve gathered they’re basing it on eyewitness testimony or maybe video, both in the middle of the night, and little white compact cars aren’t exactly easy to differentiate with your own two eyes in the daylight, let alone at 2 am or whatever. All just my opinion of course, but I definitely have my doubts. :shrug:

View attachment 388554
Honestly I see your point. But, I think since this is a photo of a screen and we see the reflection of the phone in the photo, the phone reflection is obscuring that part of the car in the gas station photo. MOO

Why does it seem like we know everything about this crime except the ID of the unsub? Because the unsub used the internet just like we're doing. IMO
<modsnip> I think everyone is way over thinking it. This was a crime of passion focused on 1 target but the others were collateral damage. I think the perp was very close to the victim and snapped…..and that’s all I’m going to say about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really think this has to be a stalker case and it probably is Kaylee. Probably some one close to her, a work or school colleague at some time or other. Someone that went into a rage and planned this out. I don't think all 4 were in the initial plan. I believe he hid out in the apartment and waited, probably had the wrong room and murdered the couple. Then went and found who he was looking for. He looked for her car "Kaylees" and noticed the other two roommates down stairs and waited upstairs for her to arrive. Which makes me think he is not from around Moscow which means to me he is from her hometown or Texas, wasn't she living in Texas prior? That is my thinking.
Theory seems to be the killer entered via the sliding door. Not known WHEN he entered. Very possible he was in the house before everyone. And, who really checks a door, especially when they've been drinking.

Are you implying that the screaming was coming from 1122 King Rd, was heard a block away outside, and was unheard by the survivors within the same house?
There were four people seen walking by LE on the bodycam video. IMO, it was these young people that were squealing and laughing while walking by. Nothing sinister.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces