ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, unfortunately that original footage on FOX news, which was later removed, gave the initial impression that this footage was so instrumental that law enforcement had cordoned off the area as a crime scene.
Soooo, it was Caution tape? Hmm, I've never seen Caution tape have so many words per section. Lol. It's a moot point anyway if the car was just seen speeding by.

If that’s an Elantra, it’s a sedan, because the window on the coupe is different. IMO

Yes, the profiles are distinct:

Scroll down to the 5th gen Elantra for explanations and also note the Kia Forte is a rebadged version with minor cosmetic changes and sparser features, also available in North America:

Here's one of the media pix of the mystery white car:

white-car-idaho-murders-survelience_ht-thg-221215_1671114208713_hpEmbed_7x4_992.jpg

The Hyundai Elantra everyone is looking for: <Admin Note: from City of Moscow Police Department: "The below photos are stock images of a 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantra and are not the actual vehicle">

12545463_120822-wls-idaho-car-img.jpg

Here's a Kia Forte I found (Kia & Hyundai are made by same company)

74si7z.jpg

Here's a Fox article, check the pics they have:

Now look at the C pillars of the cars. I think the Kia Forte is at least a good match than the Elantra.

Could they have taken the word of one "expert" as gospel and gone down the wrong trail?

Is there a Hyundai or Kia enthusiast board where they have sussed this out? (Can someone look? Long day for me)

Should they look at ALL white Kia Forte and Hyundai Elantra within say a 25 mile radius of Moscow?
I think the vehicle in the cell phone grab looks more like a Nissan Sentra and may not be the Elantra LE is looking for. LE has something that leads them to the very specific 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantra, I hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really think this has to be a stalker case and it probably is Kaylee. Probably some one close to her, a work or school colleague at some time or other. Someone that went into a rage and planned this out. I don't think all 4 were in the initial plan. I believe he hid out in the apartment and waited, probably had the wrong room and murdered the couple. Then went and found who he was looking for. He looked for her car "Kaylees" and noticed the other two roommates down stairs and waited upstairs for her to arrive. Which makes me think he is not from around Moscow which means to me he is from her hometown or Texas, wasn't she living in Texas prior? That is my thinking.

Soooo, it was Caution tape? Hmm, I've never seen Caution tape have so many words per section. Lol. It's a moot point anyway if the car was just seen speeding by.
I remember zooming in on the picture when the article first came out because I was curious if it was really police tape. It says caution do not enter. Edit: this photo came from this article

Attachments

• idaho-gas-station-video-comp.jpg
    idaho-gas-station-video-comp.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 20
The 22,000 number...
@645,000 Elantras sold 2011-2013 in the US
Idaho has one half of one percent of the US population
So that is @32,500 2011-2013 Elantras sold in Idaho.
They came in ten colors, one being white. Say white was average
@3,250 2011-2013 white Elantras sold in Idaho

Even if they don't get totalled, a low $$ figure bar as that car ages, the lifespan of Elantras is on average 10 years/$150k. (doesn't pay to put a new engine/tranny in) So....maybe half of them should be off the road by now.

Even conservatively, that is like 2,000.
So then it's safe to assume that the 22,000 tips they received are for Elantras located in various states (including ID, and possibly Canada), and not just in the state of Idaho, correct?

**this is what I was trying to find out but I guess I didn't word it correctly**

Also, if the unsub spent so much time planning the crime and evading capture, then why was his car apparently caught on the traffic and neighborhood cameras? Why didn't the unsub do a better job planning to evade the traffic cameras going to and from the house?
Maybe the unsub was not the killer.

Great catch! That narrows it down if they are using sedan to mean 4 door.
I cannot tell by the photo from the gas station if it is two or four door, but maybe someone can see the difference.
If it is a two door then that has to be a 2013 if they were not made until 2013.

Edit- I see now on the Moscow PD Release Nov 16 the pics are of 4 door. I had seen pics on MSM but had not seen the PD Release.

JMO
2 door coupes aren't popular in the US anymore. It would have been great had the car been a coupe imo

Why does it seem like we know everything about this crime except the ID of the unsub? Because the unsub used the internet just like we're doing. IMO
Wouldn't it be something if he (or she, which I doubt) belonged to a web or internet sleuth group & sat back in the shadow to read other members' theories?

Funny, not funny!

Very true, and good point. If the neighbor is full baloney, then the only indication the occupants would know a crime was committed and they wanted to get out of there would be if the killer actually came out of the house bloody and maybe with the knife. That lessons the likely hood of my scenario by quite a bit. Good catch.
Unless one of the downstairs occupants saw him IMO

IMO I think KG was a very very intuitive person.I think the killer had definitely been in the home before and the info about Xs Dad changing or fixing a lock lends credence to that. I think someone was spooking around their house or letting themselves in from time to time as an acquaintance perhaps. Mrs G summed it up best: the boogeyman!
I think it bears repeating, because there are so many threads and so many posts that it can get lost, that the fact there was a problem with the locks means that a locksmith might have been called in.

What I find hard to believe is how fortunate the killer was.

To choose the night when no party was occurring - when this was a common event for this house.

What a lucky break he got.

Is every house with 4-6 people around there having parties.

He must have been in this area a lot to increase his chances for this particular ideal situation to present itself. No parties that night. If it's just a random target a house full of young people.

I can't imagine when they do have parties that its quite by 1.56am.

I am guessing if a noise complaint has been issued to this house before it's because the noise is happening at an inconvenient time when people want to be sleeping. Early hours of the morning. Maybe just wondering?? MOO

No, not to my knowledge.
IMO, if the white car on the gas station footage has not been confirmed to be a Hyundai Elantra, it is probably not related to the murders. There was a white Elantra seen earlier that night driving westbound on Taylor Avenue and caught on camera as it passed Linda Lane. Is this the car that was seen near the scene of the crime. If it is, than that is the vehicle that LE is interested in.

Very true, and good point. If the neighbor is full baloney, then the only indication the occupants would know a crime was committed and they wanted to get out of there would be if the killer actually came out of the house bloody and maybe with the knife. That lessons the likely hood of my scenario by quite a bit. Good catch.
Well now, NY Post put out an article yesterday stating that the body cam footage made by police busting those underage drinkers the night of the murders picked up a very faint scream that I think may (or may not) coincide with when the neighbor claimed to have heard it.

I, personally, have not heard it because I don't have noise reduction head phones, which may be needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces