ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding (I don't have links) is that she came back that weekend to show her friends her new car, and that she was practically moved out already (?)

Does anyone have concrete details on this?
You might look in the media thread. hth

I just wonder or ask if any of you think the perp targeted this house, found an unlocked door or window and hid inside waiting? Waiting for them all to go to sleep. I will never forget Ted Bundy doing this same thing. He found a door and propped it open. moo

The words "recently sold" are paramount here. That's what police searched for - a recently sold Ka-bar knife. However, what is unknown about the knife is
1. How old is it?
2. How used is it?
3. Is it stolen or was it purchased? For that matter, it could even be a found object, inherited or a gift.
Good points.

The add one more:

Do the police truly know that it was a "Ka Bar Ka Bar"-? Or, are they using the term "Ka Bar" in the generic sense like "kleenex" to mean either a Ka Bar, or any other similar large, heavy bladed knife.

If they are using the term Ka Bar in the kleenex sense, then all your valid points are going to be multiplied several times.

Brian Entin w/ Criminologist Dr Casey Jordan

IMO the points made by Dr. Casey Jordan most accurately reflect my opinion about the status of the investigation and the type of killer. That said, I have not followed any of the online gossip, just heard a few theories. What I do wonder - and if anyone here knows, I hope you'll share - is whether a source like Dr. Jordan would be briefed by LE prior to an appearance so the information she shares would align with a message LE wanted to send. IMO it I possible, but I know nothing, so wondering if anyone else knows for fact that this is done. edited to change I to is.

Last edited:
Could it be possible to do this damage if the perp had rage fueled by a serious psychiatric break rather than say someone with just simple rage? Asking because I want others opinions. (Either way, I'd also argue that this level of harm brought by whatever internal sentiment is an indicator of poor mental health)
Absolutely. Snapped. Flipped the switch. Yes. Absolutely possible. And most definitely and assuredly an indicator of poor mental health. Although the killer will argue otherwise. JMOO.

Please forgive me if this has been discussed. Went back in previous pages to check and couldn’t find anything. In regards to this picture posted yesterday, I believe- the car with its lights on has its front tire turning inward and brake lights are on. Could the white car that is parked with lights off actually been speeding off and the car with lights on is turning around because they were suspicious? (I originally thought it was a shot of the same car at different times to show it in opposite directions then realized the cars were different).

Attachments

• AD315554-0C3F-44BA-873A-3A930795F922.jpeg
    AD315554-0C3F-44BA-873A-3A930795F922.jpeg
    44.1 KB · Views: 37
We're all the girls graduating in December or just KG? Did each of the girls have a lease?
Does anyone think it very odd that on KG 's last weekend at the party house, there was no party? After the game, there was no after game get together at the party house. Instead KG and MM apparently went out alone had drinks and came home. It just seems odd to me, and I think it's been mentioned here that neighbors noticed how quiet it was that night. It was almost like a forecast of coming tragedy. very creepy. Oh, one more question, did whoever lived on the second floor share one bathroom? I'm trying to understand the dynamics of the 'Party House' in respect to targeting the house. Thnks

My understanding (I don't have links) is that she came back that weekend to show her friends her new car, and that she was practically moved out already (?)

There is this:

Mom - Kaylee just left home, she just left on Friday.. she left on Friday morning to go to a Pi Phi party and she had just bought a brand new Range Rover and she just.. she contemplated all day long, back and forth, whether she should go home because she just really wanted to show it to Maddie and some other friends and whatnot. And, she's just like 'mom, I'm gonna go, I'm gonna go to the Pi Phi party and I'm gonna.. Maddie's gotta see my new ride' and I'm like 'for sure', like I mean, it was nice, it was really nice. She'd just bought it that day, all her own, and I talked to the girls on... she had a fun time on Friday night, both of the girls, and then both of the girls texted me on Saturday.

Original video: here

IMO the points made by Dr. Casey Jordan most accurately reflect my opinion about the status of the investigation and the type of killer. That said, I have not followed any of the online gossip, just heard a few theories. What I do wonder - and if anyone here knows, I hope you'll share - I whether a source like Dr. Jordan would be briefed by LE prior to an appearance so the information she shares would align with a message LE wanted to send. IMO it I possible, but I know nothing, so wondering if anyone else knows for fact that this is done.
Yes, and no. Not necessarily. She is under no obligation to curtail her opinion or views based upon LE’s current investigation and knowledge of the case and facts. She is entitled to her assessment (esp. from a criminology and behavioral analyst standpoint).

However, if she is working closely alongside LE on this case (or any for that matter) it’s only common sense that the LE lead investigator and brass would share their views, knowledge, and thoughts on the case. It’s only natural that these “shared perspectives” (conservative and minimal in their delivery) would closely coincide concerning information shared the public. JMOO.

Maybe she had no use for the bed since she was going to be traveling and moving out of state. Maybe she was leaving it behind for the next roomie.

There is this:

Mom - Kaylee just left home, she just left on Friday.. she left on Friday morning to go to a Pi Phi party and she had just bought a brand new Range Rover and she just.. she contemplated all day long, back and forth, whether she should go home because she just really wanted to show it to Maddie and some other friends and whatnot. And, she's just like 'mom, I'm gonna go, I'm gonna go to the Pi Phi party and I'm gonna.. Maddie's gotta see my new ride' and I'm like 'for sure', like I mean, it was nice, it was really nice. She'd just bought it that day, all her own, and I talked to the girls on... she had a fun time on Friday night, both of the girls, and then both of the girls texted me on Saturday.

Original video: here
It was not a brand new Range Rover. The parents never said that.

Weird, I could have sworn that they made it clear it was a used Range Rover.

I do not quite understand the evening debate over whether, and to what extent KG and MM may or may not have been intoxicated after leaving the Corner Club, as I do not think that contributed in any way to their deaths, since they arrived home safely. I do, however, find it unrealistic to think that the two young ladies, both of whom were of age, spent some three and a half hours at the club and neither drank any alcohol during that time. JMO
Precisely. Spot-on.

The words "recently sold" are paramount here. That's what police searched for - a recently sold Ka-bar knife. However, what is unknown about the knife is
1. How old is it?
2. How used is it?
3. Is it stolen or was it purchased? For that matter, it could even be a found object, inherited or a gift.

Unless it is new police could ask anyone they liked about a new knife and would have found nothing.
Was it purchase a while ago at a gun/knife show and sale? Was it purchased on Amazon or EBay? Craigslist or letgo? On and on and on. It will be truly chasing a ghost to try and locate the exact knife and man behind the purchase. So many scenarios. Too many variables. A dead end rabbit hole. JMOO.

And…does anyone on here know whether the rooms came furnished, unfurnished, or a choice between the two?

He said that people need to stay vigilant and that they don't know exactly where the individual is. IMO, if they had a good idea, they would be keeping an eye on them at all times.
I think they want their suspect to not know he’s a suspect while they’re bringing him in to be questioned. There’s no harm in telling the public to stay vigilant. In the case I mentioned above they made the nurse think she was helping the investigation. All the while, investigators were slowly revealing to her what they knew about her hoping she would confess. She never did until charges were filed against her.

JMO

We're all the girls graduating in December or just KG? Did each of the girls have a lease?
Does anyone think it very odd that on KG 's last weekend at the party house, there was no party? After the game, there was no after game get together at the party house. Instead KG and MM apparently went out alone had drinks and came home. It just seems odd to me, and I think it's been mentioned here that neighbors noticed how quiet it was that night. It was almost like a forecast of coming tragedy. very creepy. Oh, one more question, did whoever lived on the second floor share one bathroom? I'm trying to understand the dynamics of the 'Party House' in respect to targeting the house. Thnks

From all I’ve read, KC was the only one graduating in December.

The floor plans indicate that there was a bathroom on every floor, so yes, the two bedrooms on the second floor would share a bathroom. However, I believe that one second floor bedroom was vacant. (I’m counting the floors as 1, 2, 3.)

MOO

I watched “Interrogation Raw” last night. It was the story of a VA Nurse that was poisoning patients in her care. Detectives knew it was her in the first couple weeks of their investigation. It took them 1 and 1/2 years to build their case and finally arrest her.
I share this because it’s very likely they have a good idea who did this. There’s a lot of evidence in this case and in order to get a conviction, detectives need to make sure their case it tight.

I believe the cops were right in the beginning that it was a crime of passion/targeted attack and there isn’t an immediate threat to the public.

MHO
I, too, believe the truth lies with what was said at the beginning: targeted, a crime of passion and no one else is in danger. Then K's sister went straight to the media warning that a killer was on the loose in Moscow and asking (with some degree of hysteria, IMO) how could people not be in danger. At this point MPD couldn't say there's no danger because there might be a 1% chance they were wrong, so they moved to middle ground where people should be cautious and careful. Probably they should've said this in the beginning, but IMO what they initially said is what they really meant. Then the same sister released info about those phone calls K and M made 2:30-3:00 to Jd which was like throwing him under the bus, and Mrs. G had to pull him to safety sometime later. At this point the whole investigation is following the lead of the G family (who mean well, I cannot imagine their pain) when maybe it needed to point elsewhere right from the get-go. IMO, go back to the beginning and look at everything not related to what has been said by family members, speculated on by the media and wildly embellished by social media.

I wish LE would provide better details on the autopsies. Specifically regarding the weapon used. We've all heard the accounts of LE asking store to store about a so called Kabar style knife.

What gets me is that this is a very specific type of knife and I wouldn't categorize it as a "Kabar" let alone a "Rambo Knife." Simply a large knife with a fixed blade and a quillion near the bolster. To me, you would be better describing it as a sword - only small, like a dagger. Obviously providing some type of visual aid to convey the description.

Back to my original point, if the weapon used was this type of knife, that is what LE should be asking the public for tips on. People don't just have these lying around their house because that type of knife isn't useful. It's not something that can be easily stashed in a pocket. If anyone were to own such a knife, I think its one of two types of individuals... a bushcraft enthusiast (these are the men on youtube going on self survival missions or what I refer to as camping only harder because you are on your own) or a knife collector. Collectors of items do not use said items generally. It's like the baseball card that you never ever touch to protect it, or the car you never drive to keep it absolutely pristine. LE should and hopefully is asking for information about this particular type of knife and the particular type of individual who would own it and use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member