ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does nobody find it weird that a college kid was able to afford a Range Rover on her own? Where did she earn that kind of money?
No, this has come up before in discussion.
What kind of money are your assuming she would be making

It has been said that she had taken a new job at a tech company in Texas
Speculated that she had a signing bonus.
New to her but 2016 RR which costs 22-30K based on my 15 sec Google search

If her car would be driving Idaho to Texas then something reliable would be important.
Do we know what she drove before?

FACTS
None of these kids drove expensive vehicles
The house they lived in was not extravagant in any way
All of them were working while going to school

The feeling of having to defend these kids for something anyone should be proud to share about their child- graduated, new job, bought a car- doesn‘t sit well. I have two kids in college myself.
Four kids were just brutally murdered

So, how does the cost of K’s car matter? Jealousy?
If college kids who live in an area where murders happen once a decade are in danger of death due to jealousy- then my kids are in more danger. They live in areas that are not as safe as Moscow but also working and going to college, driving pieces of junk for now.

JMO

Last edited:
The killer(s) had many hours to clean up and spray bleach or another chemical all over everything to ruin the DNA. I have not heard this but it could happen if this was planned.
Many hours in a house with 2 (alive) occupants that could awaken and disturb them at any time and raise the alarm (scream, run outside etc)!?

The only explanation I can think of is that they’re making a distinction between large objects that they can pick up and carry away, as opposed to ‘samples to be tested for possible DNA.’

So, on one hand, a handwritten diary, or a computer, etc., and on the other hand, a swab, (one of many,) tucked into a vial.

All my speculation
This is the list from their update, I cannot see another category that would allow for a split between lab samples and larger physical objects.
Hoping they do have many samples for a lab in hopes that DNA from the killer, if present, is picked up.
Maybe there is a method of collection that I’m unaware of? Is there a method that would pool or combine large amounts of blood samples in hopes of separating the four victims from a fifth- the killer?

Moscow Police Update November 25, 2022
During the investigation:
o 113 pieces of physical evidence collected and taken to the ISP crime lab
o Approximately 4,000 crime scene photographs taken
o Developed multiple three-dimensional scans of the residence
o ISP Forensic Science scientists and technicians worked hundreds of hours o Over 260 digital media submissions by community members to the FBI link

JMO

This is the list from their update, I cannot see another category that would allow for a split between lab samples and larger physical objects.
Hoping they do have many samples for a lab in hopes that DNA from the killer, if present, is picked up.
Maybe there is a method of collection that I’m unaware of, and since they have DNA from all victims their goal is to simply find a fifth sample in blood?

Moscow Police Update November 25, 2022
During the investigation:
o 113 pieces of physical evidence collected and taken to the ISP crime lab
o Approximately 4,000 crime scene photographs taken
o Developed multiple three-dimensional scans of the residence
o ISP Forensic Science scientists and technicians worked hundreds of hours o Over 260 digital media submissions by community members to the FBI link

JMO

I know—it doesn’t make sense to me either, so I’m grasping at straws.

How about this? “113 pieces of physical evidence collected and taken to the ISP crime lab”

What about samples that were sent directly to FBI labs? Those obviously wouldn’t be part of the 113, would they?

Only my speculation

I know—it doesn’t make sense to me either, so I’m grasping at straws.

How about this? “113 pieces of physical evidence collected and taken to the ISP crime lab”

What about samples that were sent directly to FBI labs? Those obviously wouldn’t be part of the 113, would they?

Only my speculation

The Moscow PD is publishing these updates, and chose to share this number with the public.
It would make sense that they would be clear in their communication.
We all know that of those 113 samples, some will be useless in finding the killer’s DNA.
So the number of useful samples will be less.
Samples could be taken off of other physical objects that are taken to the lab, but it is the blood samples that will be most useful from my understanding.
You don’t want to confuse DNA samples from persons in the house days prior as a visitor.

JMO

There is this:

Mom - Kaylee just left home, she just left on Friday.. she left on Friday morning to go to a Pi Phi party and she had just bought a brand new Range Rover and she just.. she contemplated all day long, back and forth, whether she should go home because she just really wanted to show it to Maddie and some other friends and whatnot. And, she's just like 'mom, I'm gonna go, I'm gonna go to the Pi Phi party and I'm gonna.. Maddie's gotta see my new ride' and I'm like 'for sure', like I mean, it was nice, it was really nice. She'd just bought it that day, all her own, and I talked to the girls on... she had a fun time on Friday night, both of the girls, and then both of the girls texted me on Saturday.

Original video: here

I find this quote by Aaron Snell interesting. "So at this point in time we're still processing through our tips and our leads and we're really working on developing a full picture of what occured the night of the incident and, as well, the nights before". Could something have happened the nights before that led to this? If that was the case wouldn't that lean towards Kaylee not being the target since she wasn't there?
I’ve always thought that Pi Phi party the night before the murders (Friday night) might hold A LOT of clues. Of course I don’t know any more than the next person (and I don’t have SM accounts, let alone sleuth there) so who knows? But it would explain how people knew Kaylee was back in town, and she would’ve had more local interaction than just she & Maddie at the Corner Club on the night in question.

Thinking out loud, JMHO. Big thanks to layer for posting this clip/link, I’ve been digging for a couple of days!!

I’ve always thought that Pi Phi party the night before the murders (Friday night) might hold A LOT of clues. Of course I don’t know any more than the next person (and I don’t have SM accounts, let alone sleuth there) so who knows? But it would explain how people knew Kaylee was back in town, and she would’ve had more local interaction than just she & Maddie at the Corner Club on the night in question.

Thinking out loud, JMHO. Big thanks to layer for posting this clip/link, I’ve been digging for a couple of days!!
You don't need SM accounts to look at other peoples. Kaylee's instagram has pics re: sorority party. She was Dylan's 'plus one'.

Killing 4 makes this person eligible for the death penalty no? I believe that, and/or shame will keep from coming forward on their own. They will be hated by many no doubt. Just IMO.
Really, killing one with premeditation makes someone eligible for the DP. I'm not sure the D.P. threat will keep someone from coming forward, as much as that they don't want to be and/or feel that they should be incarcerated. AMOO

One more thought before calling it a night:

Although I’m still in the acquaintance/somewhat planned camp (today) I did stumble across this article re: incel rage. There are some differences (machine gun, online rants, etc.) but it was enough to get him convicted- gave me more to think about in terms of motive & how serious some of these folks are.

Great eye and great question
No, this has come up before in discussion.
What kind of money are your assuming she would be making

It has been said that she had taken a new job at a tech company in Texas
Speculated that she had a signing bonus.
New to her but 2016 RR which costs 22-30K based on my 15 sec Google search

If her car would be driving Idaho to Texas then something reliable would be important.
Do we know what she drove before?

FACTS
None of these kids drove expensive vehicles
The house they lived in was not extravagant in any way
All of them were working while going to school

The feeling of having to defend these kids for something anyone should be proud to share about their child- graduated, new job, bought a car- doesn‘t sit well. I have two kids in college myself.
Four kids were just brutally murdered

So, how does the cost of K’s car matter? Jealousy?
If college kids who live in an area where murders happen once a decade are in danger of death due to jealousy- then my kids are in more danger. They live in areas that are not as safe as Moscow but also working and going to college, driving pieces of junk for now.

JMO
Totally agree - IMO - K buying a New Car to celebrate her New Job is irrelevant if anything it presents her success..it’s not a motive to murder her…

For god's sake look at greek life in the area. If I were the cops, I'd release nothing about possible POIs or suspects while looking into that space. Would you? What kind of serial killer stalks a heavily trafficked location only to get lucky with a rampage? Somebody knew the circumstamces of that night in that location. Somebody close or approximately close. We'll all be dissapointed with the mugshot..my opinion only. Some sick *advertiser censored** either by himself or with his friend(s). Cops have no clue, WTF? I have to believe they're guarding something while watching what happens.

One more thought before calling it a night:

Although I’m still in the acquaintance/somewhat planned camp (today) I did stumble across this article re: incel rage. There are some differences (machine gun, online rants, etc.) but it was enough to get him convicted- gave me more to think about in terms of motive & how serious some of these folks are.

WTF…hopefully not….!

I promise I am not trying to be funny, but can you really screech the tires on a 2013 Hyundai Elantra?
You can screech tires on just about anything that's got a manual transmission. I wonder if that year, make, and model comes with that option?

I completely agree ‼️ I've thought about the news coverage prior to the students deaths, would one of those men have wanted one of the girls and she didn't want to live a submissive life with him. Women are treating as servants, and must comply with the husband, even if she has a " headache" at that time.
Or, was it someone who thought the students were living an ungodly life?
This person has no feelings, nor empathy.
M00
I don't know of any group more cult like than incels. Maybe it was just an entitled incel.

So a karambit is almost like a claw, varying lengths. To me, I’d associate it with someone who’s into self defense, or likes to think he is. That’s just generalizing of course, they have such a menacing look I think people get them just because they’re cool too. And they’re very useful too, perfect rope cutters really. That’s a pretty interesting thought really, I definitely can personally see wounds from a karambit being described as a “tear.”
You can Google Karambit knife wounds, it's really really graphic.

Whether or not LE has the knife—they’d certainly want to know who might have bought it.

MOO
Certainly LE has done their homework on purchases. Must not have returned anything. I just think the killer had murdered before. Killing 4 people doesn't sound like a first experience. Knife may have seen prior use.

How much precedent is there for women committing crimes of this level of savagery? Not much would be my guess.
Research indicates the following: 132 male mass murderers, 3 female mass murderers, 2 male and female - between 1982 and 2022. Source: statista.com

More stats: Rockefeller Institute of Government
1966-2020
Average age of mass shooter: 33.2
Guns used: 74.6% of cases

Last edited:
To get away from the car/job topics…

This quote stood out to me in Snell’s interview (snipped for clarity):
maybe those vehicles, potentially, would be less likely to be involved in an incident of this nature.
The phrasing “involved in an incident of this nature” could be a slip up that they know the white car isn’t just a witness, but (as I’ve suspected) is in fact involved in the crime.

Did anyone else notice that? It’s like he was dancing around his words, choosing very carefully while talking about the car/it’s occupant(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela