ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I googled it, and yes, I found other examples of hunters using knives to kill animals. That was only one link - as I said. I found more but wasn't sure what I could post, and I said that as well.

My post was not to argue that point, however. My post was to point out that potentially the skills, the cruelty, the disconnect, the down and dirty of what it takes to kill something and let it bleed out, reach in, cut out its heart, eviscerate or whatever, is what a killer might do to practice before starting on humans. That was the point. And a killer in training might very well use hunting to practice - and that killer in training might use a knife. jmo imo.
Following that concept then people who work in slaughterhouses would fit the same profile. They use knives and kill animals. That doesn't follow that they are going to murder 4 kids in college.

Many people hunt and kill animals to eat them. Others work in poultry houses or slaughterhouses and kill animals for food. That frozen beef you buy at the store today was at one time a live animal someone killed to make it end up on your dinner table.

JMO

My opinion only and a question in my own mind…maybe there was a huge argument between e and another male ( unknown ) while at the party and LE wants to find out about it?

My opinion only
LE has to check out everything, but I don't see that coming into play. First of all, I think that one of the girls on the third floor was the target. If EC had been the target, the killer could have gotten in and out without ever going up to the third floor.

Second of all, it doesn't sound like EC stayed at the house every night, so it seems unlikely that someone would have targeted him there. The perp would have had to know that he was staying there that night.

Last edited:
Not disputing what you're saying, but thinking about the minds of individuals. Why in the world would more than one person be involved in a murder unless it was for a financial reason, i.e. stealing? I just cannot fathom what would motivate a mass murder group effort. If several are aware, what mindsets have no conscience/
Moo, My personal theory came down to the recent LE interviews (a few days ago) with Snell from State of Idaho Police, and Moscow PD Chief.

Interview with State of Idaho Police Officer Snell

Interview with Moscow PD Police Chief Fry
A few notable things was the focus of their investigations are largely digital evidence gathering and getting the full context (moo, motive, events leading up to the killing) Although they’re still on the subject of tracing the vehicle whereabouts (evidence of its location preceding to the murder) this was not discuss in the interview. They are specifically asking “possible witnesses”who may have seen something unusual a day or two before the murder, they further reiterate their need for additional (social media) pictures and videos. For obvious reason, LE were not asking the general public for help, they’re asking those who “knew”. (Victims inner circle, friends and acquaintances or sm followers)

Moo, What happened in those two days leading up to the murder? They’re college students, more likely they partied together or separately on Friday night then on Saturday night E and X were at a frat party and K&M were at the bar. Moo, They were with people they’re acquainted with (as per video evidence with K&M and E and X reports their presence in the frat party gathering). They were surrounded by people they knew.

Moo, the most likely scenario for me is a different group within their inner circle, could be in a frat/sorority were in some sort of dispute with E and X or all four of them (hence 2 roommates were spared). An individual or two may have harbor hatred, envy or both imo, this was probably talked about among this other group (group of 2 to 4 people) and likely started off as a simple venting conversation. They are most likely another student/s who may have fantasized about something like this before and probably have an idea on how they wanted to kill people. Perhaps there was an inciting incident that caused them to react with violence. Moo, this conclusions were due to the fact that LE seems to suggest that there were people who knew about what happened as per their press release “Investigators believe someone has information that adds context to what occurred on the night of the murders and continue requesting additional pictures, video, and social media content.”

Moo, I’ve seen some people believe that the killer may have been a pro, however one does not need to be a pro to evade police for a few months and sometimes for years or forever. There are various cases were a killer successfully elude investigators due to not having enough evidence but it did catch up sooner or later.

It was reported in MSM early on that there was a mobile FBI unit present at the scene that processes DNA and other items of evidence. I find it really hard to believe they don't have the majority of the DNA results yet.

JMO
this video with chief Fry posted yesterday says they do not have all DNA in yet. Starts t about the 8 minute mark.

It was reported in MSM early on that there was a mobile FBI unit present at the scene that processes DNA and other items of evidence. I find it really hard to believe they don't have the majority of the DNA results yet.

JMO
I thought the forensic testing was being done out of a ISPFS lab!?

'Scientists from Idaho State Police Forensic Services have been "working 24/7 in the lab" to try to get results as quickly as possible, Snell previously said.

Idaho police say first crime lab results received after student murders

You're grossly overexaggerating what I said. I said that killers plan for risk, but a serial killer, whether organized or not, would pick the path with the least resistance. Which is why most serial killers target lonely women and even serial killers that are enormously risky in their behavior as the example I gave with ONS, do everything in their power to minimize said risk.

This situation is not the same as that of a serial killer. It's of a killer that invades a complex three stories house in a highly dangerous neighborhood (very active area late at night, very few escape routes, house is in very close distance to other buildings) armed with just a knife. What does this tell you? It tells to me that the killer has a specific grudge with these people to the point that it overrides his safety faculties that we as humans have them genetically instilled in our brains and behavior. Because of this it's very unlikely to me that a serial killer would take that kind of risk instead of attacking a house which a single victim.

And to be honest, Bundy has always been very disorganized and impulsive type of killer. It's not just something that came up later. He'd have been caught almost immediately if this was today. This Moscow, Idaho killer did his homework at the very least and it's obvious that albeit a risky attack, it was planned and not an impulsive attack that Bundy would often do.

The house is actually in a near-perfect location for a serial killer to stalk and subsequently choose how and when to act. The elevated parking lot behind the home had minimal if any lighting and a nefarious someone could sit there for hours on a weekend night unnoticed while looking into the back of the home, watching, and waiting for the right moment. Then he just has to walk down the hill (under cover from thick brush), walk in, do the deed, walk out, walk up hill, get in car, leave.

My opinion.

I believe there is some wiggle room in the statement of SG, "one of the last messages", and I still believe, though I could well be wrong, that she was at home when she had the "we have a dog together" calls to JD, as recounted by her mother. Her sister, as @layer pointed out, had the record of the final phone calls, and never mentioned any texts at all. JMO

Interesting

LE has to check out everything, but I don't see that coming into play. First of all, I think that one of the girls on the third floor was the target. If EC had been the target, the killer could have gotten in and out without ever going up to the third floor.

Second of all, it doesn't sound like EC stayed at the house every night, so it seems unlikely that someone would have targeted him there. The perp would have had to know that he was staying there that night.
I agree, I was putting

i agree, was just thinking of reasons that LE wanted pictures etc. to rule things in/out during the party.

I know many of the SM account settings have been changed.

Sorry if this reply is choppy. I don’t own a computer and I’m using my phone and the page keeps jumping around and reloading g. Sorry

Side note, as a big follower of the missing Jennifer Dulos case in CT where Fotis Dulos, the main suspect, committed suicide just prior to having to appear in court, and let's not forget Brian Laundrie; I am very concerned that the suspect in this case might also unalive himself (yes, I believe it's a single male, crime of passion) before police put him in custody.
i heavily suspected this early on. i hope not, but it's always a possibility unfortunately

Thinking that myself as well about killer using K & M's phone to make the calls. Most people have passcodes, face recognition, or lock screens. So, if the killer did use their phone, they would have had to either take hostage their phones while they were alive and coherent or hold up phones to their faces for face recognition while they were deceased. Very creepy and extra work, for what? IMO MOO
This is the scenario that I think could be behind that woman's screams heard in that officer's body cam IF the screams came from one of the girls on the 3rd floor of the house. JMO but, to me, the screams yelling "Stop that!" sounded more like someone took a phone away while someone was using it than a murder scream. The tone of the scream (if there is such a thing) also sounded like they knew the person they were screaming at, meaning I just didn't detect any fear in the scream.

Again this is JMO, and possibly my imagination running wild, but it's the only logical scenario I can think of.

I don't know that I agree with this part. The definition of serial is just targeting people with no motive in some sort of pattern - maybe they are all stabbed to death with an edged weapon, for example. If (god forbid) he struck again this would be a SK case. Look at Son of Sam, he was the prolific brunette killer, all of the brunettes in NYC were wearing wigs... until he targeted a blonde and her boyfriend. BTK killed multiple families at the same time along with random victims. Some SKs do seek out a specific type but I don't think killing outside of one "type" totally excludes a serial killer. Maybe his type was sorority girls and he didn't expect E to be in the house.

I believe serial killers frequently do have a "type," but as you've mentioned and I mentioned as well, several threads ago, Son of Sam was gunning for young girls with long, wavy brown hair, mainly that were in lover's lanes. Then he killed Stacey Moskowitz, who was a blonde.

The D.C. Beltway Killers were serial killers who killed 10 people and injured more during their spree (and IIRC had killed others before their notorious spree). They killed people ranging in age from 13 to several in their 50s. Men and women, different races, in different locations. Even an FBI agent. What tied them together was that the victims were shot outdoors doing everyday activities----mowing the lawn, pumping gas, etc.

Only the killer in Moscow knew what he wanted. We don't.

I do think it was a male for sure, although someone above mentioned Jodi Arias who did kill her boyfriend with a knife. IMO there's a vast difference for a female to kill one person with a knife, rather than four people in two locations. Particularly because the victims were in pairs and he'd have to kill two at a time. That requires a certain level of strength that JMO would be very unique in a female.

I personally am not sure one way or the other if this was an insider to the victims, an outsider who had his eyes on them, or some random crime of opportunity. At this point I can't rule anything in or out.

Last edited:
In case of an argument boys/young male adults usually smack each other or get into a wild brawl.

But this??

I don't think any recent argument (among frat "brothers") led to this terrible tragedy.

JMO
you are not looking for a character that heats up easily and lashes out IMO. There could be some one who has a long simmering grudge, IMO but if evading LE was not due to luck, this is an analytical, controling person, IMO.

Side note, as a big follower of the missing Jennifer Dulos case in CT where Fotis Dulos, the main suspect, committed suicide just prior to having to appear in court, and let's not forget Brian Laundrie; I am very concerned that the suspect in this case might also unalive himself (yes, I believe it's a single male, crime of passion) before police put him in custody.

A good reason why LE might claim that they had no suspect, right?

I think the target was 3rd floor and 2nd floor woke up or made some sort of noise that caused killer to attack 2nd floor victims.

<<snipped by me>>

I think the exact same thing!

The only thing I'm really struggling with is whether the killer was already inside when the girls went to bed (which I want to doubt but feel like I gotta hang on to that possibility due to the timing from the time that last call was placed to the time I think the murders occurred).

This is all my opinion but I think if the killer was already inside then the girls upstairs were killed first. If not, then I think it's possible that E was killed first, then X, and the girls last.

I find this interesting: "Police once again insisted that the “focus remains on the investigation, not an individual’s activities displayed in the tip” – in what appears to be an effort to encourage individuals who may have engaged in unrelated illegal activity on the night of the murders to come forward with what they know."

It sounds as if the police know something significant. Perhaps one of the victims was mixed up in something else.

Following that concept then people who work in slaughterhouses would fit the same profile. They use knives and kill animals. That doesn't follow that they are going to murder 4 kids in college.

Many people hunt and kill animals to eat them. Others work in poultry houses or slaughterhouses and kill animals for food. That frozen beef you buy at the store today was at one time a live animal someone killed to make it end up on your dinner table.

JMO
I think the point people are trying to make about hunters, butchers, chefs, etc. is that unlike a big group of people who hate blood and meat prep- remenber there are people who faint if they see a blood donation- the killer in this case was not perturbed by blood and was not avoiding it by using a different weapon or method, IMO. There are people who could not even attempt this. IMO

no one ever said about FD or BL that were easy going calm people IMO

I think the point people are trying to make about hunters, butchers, chefs, etc. is that unlike a big group of people who hate blood and meat prep- remenber there are people who faint if they see a blood donation- the killer in this case was not perturbed by blood and was not avoiding it by using a different weapon or method, IMO. There are people who could not even attempt this. IMO

But what’s the percentage of spree killers/mass murderers who would faint at the sight of blood? I suspect it’s much lower than it is in the general population.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member