ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All IMHO -
I’m personally sad to be reading so many conspiracy theories about someone targeting X and E.
They didn’t tick anybody off, no hit men (eyes rolling around and around), no drug cartels, nada.

It simply didn’t happen.

They are just regular, nice, good and normal college kids.

Here‘s the real scoop:they were young and in love.
Simple as that. Nothing to report here.
Likely they spent quality time and possibly quantity time in the privacy of E’s room at the Sigma Chi house and/or they may have gone back and forth from X’s private locked bedroom at King Road to the frat party 5 minutes away.
They were off the grid doing what young and in love college people do in some form or fashion and nobody else paid any attention to their coming and going from the frat party.
They may have gone to take a nap and cuddle, right?
Timeline filled in.
Been there, done that.

Nothing nefarious happened that night until hours later.
It was a regular normal Saturday night for a regular normal college couple until it wasn’t.
I haven't read any 'conspiracy theories' on here of late regarding X and E. In fact most discussions seem to focus on M and K.

Given LE are trying to build a timeline for X and E and continue to seek information still 6 weeks later, I dare say the timeline is in fact not 'filled in'. MOO.

I believe LE has the name of the suspect in hand and are asking for information from anyone or accomplices to come forward before the DNA results come in. Yess, I’m also hopeful that the case will be resolved very soon .
I agree 100%

IMO,use positive reinforcement. LE can start handing out 20, 50 and 100 dollar bills for pertinent information regarding the murders. The more reliable the info, the higher the dollar amount. Money talks. Let’s think outside of the box.IOW, provide an incentive to come forward. Moscow PD will have lines of potential for miles and miles.
Im surprised there hasn't been a reward offered for the arrest and conviction of this perp...

Yes mum & dad both explain the context of the Jack calls and dad recounts one of the messages in the interview
When her parents explained the context of the calls to Jack, they were the "we have a dog together" calls, and they occurred while Kaylee was at home with her parents, IIRC. We have no idea the purpose of the calls to him shortly before the murders, nor if there were any accompanying messages. JMO

Last edited:
Checking in here....and just hoping LE has a (unnamed) suspect that they are perusing and gathering further information on.

With all of the extra talent helping local LE (state and federal) as well as expedited evidence analysis, if they don't already have a suspect, it's not due to lack of effort.

Fingers crossed....

I believe the killers/killer was already in the house, and could have been very easily with the various ways to enter. The first two victims come home, fall asleep, which he waits for on account of the two housemates on 1st floor. Then the other two victims come home before he can exit from where he came in, the second floor sliding doors. Again, he waits till he hears silence, goes to exit, but may have woke one victim before the exit and out of recognition or fears of being stopped, he then has to eliminate one and then the other before his escape. The first floor housemates have no interest to his escaping because they hear or can see nothing. I’ve lied in a three floored house, and it’s extremely hard to hear anything of whatever is going on in the two upper floors and the same with the lower floor!
Welcome to WS! IMO JMO I believe it's possible he stalked them earlier in the evening and then found a way in and waited in X's room, potentially. I believe he killed E&X first because E was the threat, not the purpose for his visit. JMO.

IMO,use positive reinforcement. LE can start handing out 20, 50 and 100 dollar bills for pertinent information regarding the murders. The more reliable the info, the higher the dollar amount. Money talks. Let’s think outside of the box.IOW, provide an incentive to come forward. Moscow PD will have lines of potential for miles and miles.
<modsnip - off topic>

I'm also not certain that anyone has relevant information to share. I think that the perpetrator did this with total secrecy. I think that he's probably a fairly young perp (15–25) who lives alone or, if he's on the younger end of that range, who lives with at least one parent or guardian.

I don't think anyone in his immediately family would submit a tip for a reward, and I don't think anyone outside of his family has enough access to him to notice things like <modsnip - no link to this is what people would notice about the perpetrator>

Last edited by a moderator:
There is nothing to suggest they were involved in anything shady, and drug hits, etc. are a ridiculous stretch IMO. Still it seems that the police are looking for information about K&Es evening so there is a strong possibility the answers lie there since LE apparently hasn't found the answers looking at K&Ms evening.

Maybe they wanted to pick up some late night food and accepted a ride from the wrong person. Maybe one of them had a stalker. It could be anything, but it doesn't mean it was something nefarious. MOO
Just some thoughts in addition to the above.
Maybe X and E left the party and drove somewhere during the two hours in question. What if they were involved in a road rage incident? What if someone reported seeing a while Elantra involved in a road rage incident? Some folks get pretty violent over road incidents. Maybe LE wants to know if a similar car might have been in the area of the murders.

Somewhere someone questioned why there was possibly a Jack in the Box bag at the house. Maybe X and E drove to get food.
As to experts with knives one has to look no further than the local meat cutter or butcher shop. Packing plant employees are adept at using knives although not of the type used in the slaying.
Just my 2 cents and M0. No facts to back this up only endless speculation.

Conclaves family (father and sister) claim voice messages were left ("we share a dog together") so I think K left the voice messages. This was on Lawrence Jones 11/19 on Fox; Fox links are 404 (I don't know why) but you can listen here:
That's not K's sister, it's her mother. I have listened to that exchange several times, even transcribed it, and it's not clear to me whether he was talking about those last minute phone calls or something earlier. It's also not clear whether it was voice mail messages or texts.

SG: One of her messages, one of her last messages, she reached out to Jack and said Jack, get back to me. And he didn't, and she goes, we share a dog together, which they did. She's like you need to reach out to me.

Meanwhile, K's sister A (who procured the actual phone records) said nothing about any texts or voice mails in another interview.

Interviewer: ... making calls as late as almost two o'clock.
A: Yep
Interviewer: How do you know that?
A: So, she was on my mom's cell plan so on Sunday I was able to pull those cell records
Interviewer: And you could see that she was calling somebody out...
Interviewer: Does it seem like they may have been involved or does it seem like they...
A: Nope, no not at all. Kaylee had no shame in kind of powercalling, so it fits Kaylee
K's mom: Yeah, and we know who she was calling and this person is, this person was asleep, unfortunately, was not getting the calls. And it was a few calls between, for half an hour she called him a couple times and, but, no, we do not believe she was calling him for help. We believe that she was just calling him to come over. If Kaylee was in imminent danger, her or Maddie, they would have called 911. They would not have been calling this person.
Interviewer: And that was at around two
A: It started at around two thirty
K's mom: We believe the girls were just fine
Interviewer: So from those phone records it looks like the girls may have been alive around two thirtyish
K's mom: Two thirty is what, the last call?
A: No, the last call was shortly before three am.
K's mom: Yeah, that's right, two fifty something
A: Two fifty two

When her parents explained the context of the calls to Jack, it was the "we have a dog together" calls, and they occurred while Kaylee was at home with her parents. We have no idea the purpose of the calls to him shortly before the murders, nor if there were any accompanying messages.
Do you have a link for this? I posted a link earlier where the family said the "we have a dog together" communications were messages left for JD on 11/13 a.m.

IMO The Memorial service for these 4 beautiful individuals was moving and so powerful. I do wonder though how many LE and FBI were present. Either known or undercover. Scanning the crowd, scanning the stage, looking at faces, expressions, mannerisms. Looking for something or someone not quite right. People who slid in late and stood at the back. Or up front and too much of something. Who look uncomfortable or too comfortable. They are Just observing. It follows the lines of this Person hiding in plain sight. It’s all part of this intricate web that is this unknown to the public monster and probably on the radar for those involved in the case. Just wanted to throw this out their in my own words. Again. My own opinion.

That's not K's sister, it's her mother. I have listened to that exchange several times, even transcribed it, and it's not clear to me whether he was talking about those last minute phone calls or something earlier. It's also not clear whether it was voice mail messages or texts.

SG: One of her messages, one of her last messages, she reached out to Jack and said Jack, get back to me. And he didn't, and she goes, we share a dog together, which they did. She's like you need to reach out to me.

Meanwhile, K's sister A (who procured the actual phone records) said nothing about any texts or voice mails in another interview.

Interviewer: ... making calls as late as almost two o'clock.
Interviewer: How do you know that?
A: So, she was on my mom's cell plan so on Sunday I was able to pull those cell records
Interviewer: And you could see that she was calling somebody out...
Interviewer: Does it seem like they may have been involved or does it seem like they...
A: Nope, no not at all. Kaylee had no shame in kind of powercalling, so it fits Kaylee
K's mom: Yeah, and we know who she was calling and this person is, this person was asleep, unfortunately, was not getting the calls. And it was a few calls between, for half an hour she called him a couple times and, but, no, we do not believe she was calling him for help. We believe that she was just calling him to come over. If Kaylee was in imminent danger, her or Maddie, they would have called 911. They would not have been calling this person.
Interviewer: And that was at around two
A: It started at around two thirty
K's mom: We believe the girls were just fine
Interviewer: So from those phone records it looks like the girls may have been alive around two thirtyish
K's mom: Two thirty is what, the last call?
A: No, the last call was shortly before three am.
K's mom: Yeah, that's right, two fifty something
A: Two fifty two
Thank you! I thought it was the sister and didn't realize it was the mother at that point.

I haven't read any 'conspiracy theories' on here of late regarding X and E. In fact most discussions seem to focus on M and K.

Given LE are trying to build a timeline for X and E and continue to seek information still 6 weeks later, I dare say the timeline is in fact not 'filled in'. MOO.
Yes, it’s what I am thinking also. I think the only reason X and E are victims is solely due to the point of exit. Not the point of entry because of the murderers/murderer already being there on the third floor and had already accomplished what he/she had come to do.

RSBBM. LE have stated X and E returned to the house at approximately 1:45am. This has been known since early on.

Moscow Police

I was not sure if that (see above). They were all home BY 1:45. But in later updates and articles they don’t know WHEN they actually returned home. Apologies if I am misinterpreting. I thin LE has been less than clear on this b/c they don’t know. Moo.

My opinion only and a question in my own mind…maybe there was a huge argument between e and another male ( unknown ) while at the party and LE wants to find out about it?

My opinion only
Could be!

When her parents explained the context of the calls to Jack, they were the "we have a dog together" calls, and they occurred while Kaylee was at home with her parents. We have no idea the purpose of the calls to him shortly before the murders, nor if there were any accompanying messages.

I have bumped the clip again & found time stamp for you 23 minutes into the clip

Steve ' one of the last messages.....'
Conclaves family (father and sister) claim voice messages were left ("we share a dog together") so I think K left the voice messages. This was on Lawrence Jones 11/19 on Fox; Fox links are 404 (I don't know why) but you can listen here:

On November 13th, at 11:58 a.m., a 911 call requested aid for an unconscious person. The call originated from inside the residence on one of the surviving roommates’ cell phone.
On November 13th, the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up

This has always been a head scratchier to me... "an unconscious person" "wont wake up". If they found any of the 4 victims after that brutal knife attack (I think you know why) I doubt they would be that terminology and I dont think they would attempt to wake them. In other cases of brutal murders when the 911 tapes are released these certainly arent the remarks of the caller, who obviously would have to be in full panic mode.

Yes, it’s what I am thinking also. I think the only reason X and E are victims is solely due to the point of exit. Not the point of entry because of the murderers/murderer already being there on the third floor and had already accomplished what he/she had come to do.
Can you elaborate on where you believe the entry and exit points are?

IMO given the layout of the house X's room is tucked off to the side. I feel the killer could enter and exit from front or back without needing to eliminate X and E in that bedroom. Unless they awoke and disturbed the killer, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper