Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple Thursday thoughts...

I believe the 911 call from just before noon on the 13th that LE has not released, probably holds clues that someone knows something intimate about the crime scene that raises suspicion with LE.

The dynamics of the released video/photo of that night of who K and M were seen with at the bar, and the 'Adam' comment are definitely intriguing. All this leads me to believe the POI was with the girls that night, who? We don't know, but what was the 'horror movie' rage motive that was ignited.

I've wondered where the girls would have sat down to eat their late night pasta take-out. Was there a table for 2 to sit on the middle floor common area, or did the girls take the food upstairs and eat in bed.

I've personally debunked the theory the killer was inside the house before the girls got home. I believe his adrenaline was running at an all time maximum high, in his mind it was 'go time' and he was stealth like 'in and out' of the middle floor sliding door.

Pretty much debunked the theory of a phantom serial killer acting out of the blue to shock this small college town, the victims were known to the perp.

MOO

So common motives for murder and how they would apply to this case.

Motive

Drugs-Sure they probably partake in typical college recreational drug use. Smoked a bit of weed most likely. That not likely to lead to this type of crime. Not like they were drug kingpins.

Sex- With attractive women you always have to consider as motive. No sign of rape or sexual assault though. Could be killer who gets sexual thrill out of the kill though.

Money-Broke college kids so not likely they have much cash. But people get killed for what would amount to chump change.

Jealous- Someone was jealous of there popularity and social status. Maybe some incel who was jealous they they had what he did not.

Revenge-They pissed off the wrong person.

Random Serial Thrill / Killer-Ted Bundy type killer. Like when he committed coed murders in Florida

Which motive do you think is more likely? Or another motive you like more?
MOO In the beginning, I th0ought it was probably a random thrill kill/serial killer. As time has gone on, I lean more and more toward someone they knew, either directly or indirectly. I think one was targeted and the other were collateral damage.

Motive

Drugs-Sure they probably partake in typical college recreational drug use. Smoked a bit of weed most likely. That not likely to lead to this type of crime. Not like they were drug kingpins.

Sex- With attractive women you always have to consider as motive. No sign of rape or sexual assault though. Could be killer who gets sexual thrill out of the kill though.

Money-Broke college kids so not likely they have much cash. But people get killed for what would amount to chump change.

Jealous- Someone was jealous of there popularity and social status. Maybe some incel who was jealous they they had what he did not.

Random Serial Thrill / Killer-Ted Bundy type killer. Like when he committed coed murders in Florida

I would rule out anything related to drugs or money.

I think that revenge is the most likely scenario here. It could be revenge for something as slight as rejection or being laughed at. It's hard to tell.

Most serial killers (including Bundy) are sexually motivated, but the killing is sometimes what excites them sexually.

It doesn't seem like the killer spent much time in the house, there hasn't been any evidence that the victims were cut in an obviously sexual way, and there's no evidence that any trophies were taken, but a serial/thrill killer who gets off on killing would be my second guess after revenge.

Moscow police chief floats potential release of 911 call

"I think it'll be released when the prosecution believes that we can release that," Fry said of the call, which police have so far said little about, other than that it was placed from a surviving roommate's phone and that multiple people spoke with the dispatcher.

"That may be at trial," Fry told the Spokane-based KREM-TV in a rare sitdown interview. "That may be before then."
I don't think any prosecutor in his right mind would release the 911 call before a trial. For what earthly reason? There are too many unstable people out there desperate for LE to release any tiny scrap of information about this case. One can only imagine the lengths they would go to to identify and track down the callers and proceeding to make their lives a living hell.

I love Chief Fry but I think he would really benefit from taking a short vacation away from this case.

My questions:

1-How does LE know that E&K got home around 1:45?
2-If CC photo is legit, why didn’t JD leave with M&K?
3-I find it hard to believe that they are looking for the Elantra based on it simply passing on Taylor. Was it the tire marks that matched? Is there a video of it driving up and parking?
4-On the PR, they ask for pics/vids/SM from the night that adds context. IMO, someone has told them something that happened that evening (not sure E&X or L&M) and LE knows there is digital evidence of something that points to potential motive and needs the Dig Evidence to corroborate - and does it have to do with E&X/Sig Chi or K&M/CC - Underage drinking seems a little small for people to hold back. Drugs? Cheating? A Fight? Theft? Bullying SM?
5-Was HG really trying to protect them? From what/who?
Agree No one knows when x and e got home (or they know but have not told the public). Xanas dad said he got a text from her around 1230 saying they were home watching a movie so I take that at face value and assume it’s her home. Sure they were home by 145 but they didn’t arrive home AT 1:45. MOO.
I’d take her dads word over the frat at this point.

On your point 2- if it was jd I think his “I was sleeping” alibi would be out the window and he’d have been arrested by now. Or at least on the run or acting totally differently. MOO.

MOO In the beginning, I th0ought it was probably a random thrill kill/serial killer. As time has gone on, I lean more and more toward someone they knew, either directly or indirectly. I think one was targeted and the other were collateral damage.
People tend to forget that with serial killers, especially those "researching" their victims, the connection is *very* intimate (in the killer's twisted mind). At the same time the victims may and usually are completely oblivious to the fact that they are being stalked. So there is a vast difference between "victims known to the killer" and "killer known to the victims". If the killer was known to the victims, them being young people, surely they would discuss this person among themselves and it would be the first thing Police would zero in on very early on in the investigation. That's why I think it's the second option is more plausible, i.e. the killer was familiar with the victims. Most likely all of them.

Motive

If the person felt that they where disrespected or demeaned by the close knit group. Perhaps, they wanted the families to suffer as well.

if the person had been compromised by an action perceived to have originated by the 4

if the person had specifically been aware that all four would be together that weekend evening and felt that the opportunity to act was that evening at that time. One for a specific reason, the others because they did not want to be identified from a potential association of motive.

Can we talk about what constitutes a party house?

We've heard a little about prior parties. But how long has this been a "party house"? How do you brand a property a party house? It isn’t like this is a sorority or frat house. We know this current round of tenants belong to sororities. Did previous tenants all belong to sororities or frats?

It seems to me if this particular house has been loud and disruptive for years someone might have taken matters in their own hands prior to this. So, new neighbor?

Disclaimer. I'm still clueless and have 10 or 12 ideas.

But I'm interested in the impact of a party house in a mixed residential (student/non student) neighborhood.

All JMO

I don't think any prosecutor in his right mind would release the 911 call before a trial. For what earthly reason? There are too many unstable people out there desperate for LE to release any tiny scrap of information about this case. One can only imagine the lengths they would go to to identify and track down the callers and proceeding to make their lives a living hell.

I love Chief Fry but I think he would really benefit from taking a short vacation away from this case.
I thought the same thing but who knows. I will say it was awesome to see they are working so closely with the prosecutor. It shows they really are going about everything in a legal way for an upcoming trial, which is nice. The last thing anybody wants is for pertinent evidence to be dismissed. JMO MOO

It doesn't seem like the killer spent much time in the house, there hasn't been any evidence that the victims were cut in an obviously sexual way, and there's no evidence that any trophies were taken, but a serial/thrill killer who gets off on killing would be my second guess after revenge.
The LE hasn;t revealed much about the evidence present on the scene and nothing about what was or wasn't taken from the house. So...

You could be right it's someone they knew. But I'm sure pretty sure le has interviewed all there known associates and taken DNA and fingerprints. So if it is someone they knew they didn't raise red flags in interviewe or leave forensic evidence leading back to them. Seems tough to pull off.

That's why I'm leaning more towards stranger.

Thoughts?

I would rule out anything related to drugs or money.

I think that revenge is the most likely scenario here. It could be revenge for something as slight as rejection or being laughed at. It's hard to tell.

Most serial killers (including Bundy) are sexually motivated, but the killing is sometimes what excites them sexually.

What about steroids, especially in competitive sports?

A couple Thursday thoughts...

I believe the 911 call from just before noon on the 13th that LE has not released, probably holds clues that someone knows something intimate about the crime scene that raises suspicion with LE.

The dynamics of the released video/photo of that night of who K and M were seen with at the bar, and the 'Adam' comment are definitely intriguing. All this leads me to believe the POI was with the girls that night, who? We don't know, but what was the 'horror movie' rage motive that was ignited.

I've wondered where the girls would have sat down to eat their late night pasta take-out. Was there a table for 2 to sit on the middle floor common area, or did the girls take the food upstairs and eat in bed.

I've personally debunked the theory the killer was inside the house before the girls got home. I believe his adrenaline was running at an all time maximum high, in his mind it was 'go time' and he was stealth like 'in and out' of the middle floor sliding door.

Pretty much debunked the theory of a phantom serial killer acting out of the blue to shock this small college town, the victims were known to the perp.

MOO
A brewing internal process where they are hyper alert and focused with a strong conviction and belief that they must commit the act they achieved. Their mental state afterward must have been peeked. If there are no observation of before and after behavior, then the person would live alone, be disconnected socially.

Motive

Some combination #s 2,4,5

The LE hasn;t revealed much about the evidence present on the scene and nothing about what was or wasn't taken from the house. So...
LE has said that there was something at the scene that led them to believe the killings were targeted. I am really struggeling to think of what that could be, but hasn't led them to the identity of the killer.

LE has said that there was something at the scene that led them to believe the killings were targeted. I am really struggeling to think of what that could be, but hasn't led them to the identity of the killer.
Same here. I also wonder what initially caused them to call it “a crime of passion”, and what made them decide later to retract that?

I fully agree that it should not be released. But I think the article spun what he was saying to make it sound like it's something new that he is thinking about releasing when really, someone probably asked if they would release it and he answered that they would when/if the prosecutor okayed it. Which is more or less the gist of what they have said about everything. I'm to the point that I'm ignoring all articles about this case - they all seem to be spinning non-info into clicks.

Mention here of Kaylee's former boss at her IT job. I missed reading this before.

Kristi Goncalves, Kaylee's mother, spoke of the initiative with Fox News Digital on Sunday night, saying that her family "would like to fundraise in hopes to offer a reward, and possibly hire a private investigator if that becomes necessary."

Funds for the family will be raised through two online fundraisers—a set up by Kaylee Goncalves' former boss Jeremiah Shea and a GiveSendGo campaign by family friend Brooke Miller—according to Kristi Goncalves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18