ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they knew who it was and didn’t put out a BOLO for him people across the whole country were in danger IMO.
I suspect they’ve had eyes on him and were waiting to tie up loose ends (dna etc.)
He has family in PA so they may have known his location and were tracking his movements, etc.

As a psychology and criminology graduate myself I’m curious to know if his research played a big part in this crime. As in his research was based around fantasies/thoughts he had and he worked his research into those or his research made him want to experience all that first hand for himself.

Of course, he may have a connection to the victims that we don’t know about yet but just something I am wondering.
I'm curious about this as well. What drew him to study of psychology and then criminology and criminal justice? Was it his own feelings and fantasies?

Frightening to think that innocent others might have participated in his research studies, unaware their answers to his research questions were feeding the graduate student/study director's own fantasies (edit: and possibly training him to be a more effective criminal).

rbbm

''Who is Bryan Christopher Kohberger?​

The suspect is a graduate student at Washington State University in Pullman, Washington, according to FOX News digital, citing the college's website.

Pullman is about a 15-minute drive from the rental home where the four students were stabbed to death.

A press conference is scheduled by police in Moscow, Idaho, at 4 p.m. ET to discuss developments in the case. ''

What's weird about his "study" is the people with meaningful information to share, like the sort that is collected by the FBI behavioral folks, are not on Reddit able to answer casual questions. They're in prison. So it's like he read Mindhunter and decided, yes, I will do this on reddit to LARP as a Real Researcher.
He posted the survey on subreddits such as Prison, Ex-Cons, Felons, PrisonTalk.

It appears to me that BK was trying to emulate Dexter. Eventually work as a criminologist and twighlight as a murderer. Now i think he was potentially hiding in the house prior to the victims arrival or observing them thru the windows. Perhaps random in regards to picking out his victims, but I believe he was probably stalking them for sometime. Likely knew their general movements and patterns and had this crime well planned in advance.

I doubt this guy was in any DNA database, so it seems the late development with the car is what turned it around. If this guy had been a suspect early on, the police would not have gone public about the car?
Think he left a fingerprint? He worked in a school. I know I was fingerprinted in order to just volunteer.

Exceptionally common on reddit.

Yes - I use reddit for certain research purposes for my beginner lab in forensics (mostly just collecting simple data already provided by redditors).

But it's so creepy that this man was researching crime and emotion via survey results.

<modsnip - no link>

Last edited by a moderator:
For those wondering about the PA connection - apparently he studied at Desales University, which is in Lehigh County (so like halfway between the Philly area and Scranton).

Yes. Albrightsville, PA. Graduated from community college nearby. This is west of East Stroudsburg — totally rural.
Hunting country.
Northhampton Community College... he has a merrit page- Dean's list.. did counseling :(

Yes - I use reddit for certain research purposes for my beginner lab in forensics (mostly just collecting simple data already provided by redditors).

But it's so creepy that this man was researching crime and emotion via survey results.

I'll now bet the farm that he's also responsible for the stabbings of two 20-something women (didn't die) in Pullman. 2:30 am attack on sleeping women.
Source on Pullman stabbings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members