ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I look at it - the property owner is a financial victim here. We don't know how many properties they own. This could be a major financial disruption for them. If the owner is financially able to make some kind of major gesture, the victims' families would probably appreciate it. But, I do think they have every right to continue earning income from their property.
There should be landlord insurance

Obviously, policies vary. AIMOO

If you look at calendars of campus events for that weekend, it looks like (per tradition on Veterans Day weekend), Friday night was sorority sponsored formals (and some other, artsy events) and Saturday night was several fraternity parties, plus football pre- and post-parties.

What I've heard from MSM is that while this was a party house, it specialized in pre-parties for other events (so get togethers, with drinking, before the main parties started). Obviously, on some nights early in the semester, the parties at 1122 went on longer than just 9 pm.

Plus, they had been visited several times by LE (we don't know how many) and maybe they decided it might be nice to go someplace else. K had moved out. Did she move out because she didn't like being point person for all these noise complaints and underage drinking issues?

And Gray's walk-through maps are good, but I think he has the size of some places off.

I was just going to post something similar. I lived in a party house, but there were nights - for similar reasons that you stated - where the house would be quiet. I don’t think anything of that and seems like it could have been a quieter night - we had nights that were reserved for going to the bars - and after also resulted in us all coming home, ordering food, the potheads would smoke, and everyone would pass out shortly after. Doesn’t seem that different to what potentially happened.

The coroner didn't say that. If they did - source?

These are SG's words. We don't know what the coroner actually said. That being said, I will say that I put SG's statements into the balance, he should not be disregarded.

It's just that no one official has ever said anything remotely like that, that I know of.

I can see it happening either way. Personally, I don't think there was a hell of a battle when the Coroner first said they were all asleep and didn't suffer and then said one had defensive wounds, then said "some" had defensive wounds. I picture minor wounds to the hands and arms. Coroner has said they were in bed or asleep on more than one occasion. Any evidence she's walked it back?

I await the autopsy reports at this point - if we ever get to see them.
Right, I should re-word that to SG SAYING that the coroner said that, not that he related what the coroner said.

Yes. I think it is entirely possible that the killer is not local, but rather drove into Moscow, committed the murders, and left. If this is the case, I think that he surveilled the home either in the days leading up to the murders or on previous occasions.
I think so to, with one caveat: there has to be some connection between the killer and Moscow. He didn't just stick a pin in the map and say, "I'm going to drive there and commit murder."

There should be landlord insurance

Obviously, policies vary. AIMOO
I'm sure there probably is but I doubt it would make them whole for razing the building and donating the property as was suggested earlier. My point was that it was a little unfair to suggest the owner "ought" to do a certain thing with their property.

Police can ask. They can file a case for interference with justice and the court can compel someone not to use their own property, but it cannot be part of a SEARCH warrant (which is a warrant for search and seizure, and does not mean that the person giving up their property can't talk about, contact their own advocates, or, in some cases, continue to use copies of the product).
If the information seized by warrant is germane to an ongoing investigation (which it is until it isn't, by default), then it isn't merely an 'ask' that they not disclose evidence.

My opinion.

I live in the UK and my husband and I are very good friends with a couple who have a "Death Cleaning Business". For many years they both worked in emergency services and found there was a great need for such service. Often, it was left to family members to clean the homes and NO family member should see these things. The families dealing with quite enough with the loss of their loved one(s). The guidelines this couple works within are very tight. Not once have they ever shared with us what they encounter nor would they take pictures! They work very closely with the local LE no matter how far and wide their services have been called into use. A reputable company will not gossip, take photos, videos, etc. They are as tight-lipped as LE during the investigation

I hadn't noticed before that the stairs are partly above that 1st floor bedroom. Unless someone in that bedroom has learned to tune out noises, it sure seems like they would hear people using those stairs.
I believe the stairs can be seen right here:

AL9nZEUsKf9uPeKMIdCSdFVLwKgsvO0sf61TfMwIab0uhSFREMuNAsa2QOb2kzkRAtcvkYgtXyxR1Aq1jV0qYsnGdt2U0yHePmb31ZB9d2rtdt-vcS6fY-sFsz7vXlo0Lqg7mWoKCRvDhEMEq67DGe5neyrMhQ=w1214-h810-no

Yes. I think it is entirely possible that the killer is not local, but rather drove into Moscow, committed the murders, and left. If this is the case, I think that he surveilled the home either in the days leading up to the murders or on previous occasions.

I also think there is a remote but real possibility that the killer had a legitimate (i.e. work-related) reason to be in Moscow in the days leading up to the murder and timed the murder to coincide with what would have been his expected arrival and departure. I know this may seem like a stretch, but I can't stop thinking about a rape that occurred in the music building on my college campus. The crime went unsolved for a while, but LE ultimately determined that the assailant was a professional comedian touring on the college circuit, and that he had committed similar crimes at other colleges. So he had likely familiarized himself with some of the common features of campus life and used that knowledge to hone his MO.
Link for information on MO Vince Champ, comedian and serial rapist

Hi everyone, I’ve been busily trying to catch up, by I just recalled a terrible murder that might fit the bill that we were looking for that was being discussed earlier. I hope this post will be ok.
Back in 2009 my dtr was attending Lo gwood College in VA and there was an off campus murder of a professor and her family by stabbing, see below.

Agreed. IMO, the perp came in via slider and exited via slider.
I am leaning toward the (presumably) unused second floor bedroom window, the one with the cinder block parked underneath it. Those lights on the back porch seem to stay on all the time, at least since the murders. But this window is secluded, hidden, in the dark.

AL9nZEXQIYnJQW9pGt9bx-4HDCXX2LWHfhRj0ECb3xQa1iRQLya_GEaDdauctj_y1iKvJeld3qhigfQc0YMouxexmJtxyOgszLBSqkW7XDznfy6U4tbx7sFR3l4GW3kcfG5zowoX75FVSjkVzNrlKPpLdqEb9g=w900-h564-no

Betsy Aardsma 1969. Stabbed to death in the Penn State LIBRARY. Murdered on school property. No arrests ever.
Wow, listening to the Betsy Aardsman podcast now. Never even heard of it until your mention.

I don't want to "rank" crimes, but I will say that Betsy Aardsma and JonBenét Ramsey were crimes with one physical victim. There may have been many crimes by the same perpetrator and possibly crimes against more than one victim but the fact that the Idaho murders had 4 victims as part of one crime is significant.

What other crimes involving 3+ victims remain unsolved? Stabbings specifically. (Not to diminish crimes with 2 victims except the motive in that is too easily a suspected lover's angle or collateral.)

I do understand people wishing that the home will be demolished, and some type of memorial placed at the location, but realistically, that just isn't going to happen. As many have pointed out, that property is a valuable asset to the owners, bringing in substantial money monthly, year-round. If perhaps the home were to be put on the market for sale, there are many who undoubtedly would have no interest in it at all, based on its history, which will be well-known in that area probably for as long as the house sits at that spot. In such a case, it might sit on the market a little longer than the same house would if it did not have a morbid history, but it would eventually sell to someone at some price. The design of the house probably means that any buyer would be buying it as an investment property, with no plan to actually live there. But as a rental with six bedrooms and three bathrooms, within walking distance to campus, it will remain a hot property, regardless of history. There is probably an annual turnover of tenants, or at the most, a biennial turnover, and within a year or two, once the headlines have been forgotten, it will just become the house that college kids will hear about once on campus, most likely, and will likely not evoke the visceral reaction that we all probably would have. JMO
There are examples where the property where a horific crime occured was razed. For example Dahmer's apartment building was purchased by a non-profit affiliated with Marquette University and torn down. The building wasnt far from the University and they were in the middle of efforts to improve the neighborhoods around them.

@TIGER0822 Thanks for responding, and I realize that would be your personal choice. And one that some ppl would not be inclined to make for financial reasons alone. Each to their own.

Nonetheless, if you would sell, I'm curious --- why raze the house & incur extra expenses before selling, if you do not mind sharing. TiA.

To be honest it would mainly be for psychological reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces